“G and JC Edinburgh Another Wonderful Holiday!”

H10 Playa Meloneras Palace
Ranked #10 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel on frequent occasions over recent years and never tire of returning. The hotel is in an idyllic location, is beautifully maintained, there are pools to suit families and couples(particularly the infinity pool which is a great place to 'chill')
The staff are always really lovely -a great team who go out of their way to make your holiday special.
The garden restaurant is a great place to dine in the evening. Food is lovely and full marks to all of the staff there. Can't wait to return..........

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank julie c
ManagerMeloneras, Equipo Directivo at H10 Playa Meloneras Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Julie C,

We would like to thank you for having chosen the H10 Playa Meloneras Palace again for your recent holidays and we highly appreciate your review on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we also like to thank you for your comments about our team which we have already forwarded to all our departments. Your words are a magnificent motivation and they push us to keep on improving and offer our guest the best service.

It will be a real pleasure for all of us to welcome you in the near future and we remain

With best regards

H10 PMP Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,604)

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The interior of the hotel is very impressive. I believe it has recently been renovated. You are greeted at reception by the very friendly staff (who speak many languages fluently) who offer you a drink on arrival. There are many long comfortable sofas inside the hotel and there are little islands over water with seating. There are also many bars inside. Free WiFi is available, but is extremely slow in the evening. If you need to use it, do so in the morning or early afternoon when the connection speed is faster.

The room I stayed in was very spacious (Room 102). Beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning was quite powerful if you wanted it to be. There was a sofa area to watch TV and we also had a lovely outside space with sun loungers, a table and a drying rack. TV channels were mainly Spanish and German. Only English was BBC World News really. Pressure of the shower in the bathroom was good and everything was always kept clean and tidy. The maid actually tidied and folded my clothes!

I stayed half board. The food was some of the best I have experienced at a hotel. At breakfast there is freshly squeezed orange juice, lots of pastries, fresh bread every day, freshly made pancakes and omlettes and lots more. In the evening there is lots of show cooking. At least one freshly cooked fish and meat. Stay away from anything that looks like it might have been bought in (which wasnt much really) though. Only complaint is that it is very difficult to identify vegetarian food. What I though was vegetarian was in fact not on closer inspection, so be careful. Bacon or meat is in many vegetable dishes. If the hotel could make it clearer what is suitable and increase the amount of veggie food that would be better.
There is an a la carte restaurant in the hotel. The food looked absolutely stunning based on the pictures on the hotels website. To go you book in the night before but you get no discount if you go instead of going to the buffet in the evening. If you are staying on Privilege you can eat here every day for breakfast and evening.

There are 3 pools, two are in the main area, the other is primarily for children. There is a strict no reserving lounger policy before 10am, which was really nice. You could guarantee a sunbed at 11am or later. I actually saw staff remove towels on beds that had been reserved before this time. There are 30 or so luxury sunbeds. These are wicker double beds with lots of cushions. These went quickly, but you could get one at 9am or before. They were so comfortable and I regularly fell asleep on them. Towels can be changed between 10am-11am and 4pm-5pm every day free of charge.

You have to pay 3 Euros per visit to the gym, or you can pay for 4,6 or 8 visits to save some money. I paid 15 Euros for 6 visits. I was expecting the gym to be of a very high standard as it cost to go, but this wasnt really the case. Although there is a large selection of equipment, the room is quite small and some of the machines need updating or fixing. The cross trainer needed oiling as it squeaked when I used it. The air conditioning wasnt very powerful ( complete contrast to the rooms) and the music was either non-existent or appalling. There were two powerplate like machines which cost 1 Euro for 10 minutes.

There is also an indoor pool and circuit area which is 25 Euros each. I didn't use this facility but many guests seemed to. Treatments cost more than average. A special offer when I stayed was 90 Euros for a 70 minute treatment- hardly an offer!

Evening entertainment was varied. Some of it bad, but a few acts were very good. Particularly the Il Divo cover act. Staff were always around asking if you wanted drinks. The music system definitely needs improving. Music often cut out or fuzzed. This was also the case during the daytime for aqua gym. A CD was played that cut out frequently and this did not seem very professional.

The hotel is very well situated for the nearby restaurants and shops. A few minutes walk from the hotel and you will find some shops and supermarkets as well as the beach and restaurants. 15 minutes walk and you will reach boulevard faro. This is where all of the other luxurious 5* Hotels are and the expensive restaurants and shops. Lots of designer shops selling D&G, Diesel, Lacoste, Hugo Boss etc. Many expensive jewellery shops too. Every restaurant along the front here is of a very good quality. Lunch will set you back about 20-25 Euros, although there are places selling toasties and pizzas which are cheaper. There is another beach close to the lighthouse and it is a really nice area to wander round. I would definitely recommend any of these restaurants as the food is so good.

The hotel is definitely 5* and it is very difficult to fault anything. More vegetarian food, better wifi coverage and some new equipment at the gym are the only things I can fault. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102. This was close to the side gate which led to all of the restaurants, shops and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Georgina C
ManagerMeloneras, Equipo Directivo at H10 Playa Meloneras Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Georgina C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments to our staff. Your words will work as a great motivation for all of us to keep on improving and giving our best service.

We would like to explain you that we have made some change that I am sure, you will love them.
We are recently opened a specific area with vegetarian food. Furthermore in the near future, every room will have Internet access.
Moreover we would like to inform you that we continue with the policy of not booking sunbeds until 10 a.m. but, we extended the time to change towels, from 10 a.m to 20 p.m.

On the other hand, we take note about your comments about improving our gym. For us it is very important to know the guests´ opinion.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel and remain.

Kind regards,

H10 Team Playa Meloneras Palace*****

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our 3rd visit, and we shall be going back!
What a wonderful holiday, wonderful hotel and wonderful staff!
The hotel is very conveniently located, in a lovely area.
The food was great, the pool bar staff are the most hard working staff. They are run off their feet, but always manage service with a smile!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sarah m
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well just back from a great holiday and really glad I chose this hotel. Not sure why other reviewers had issues maybe unlucky. If I was to be picky the only fault I could make was the Wifi connection but there was enough places that it could be used.

Staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you even provided a cold buffet for our late arrival. Food was top class plenty of selection for all tastes. Restaurant does get busy 7:30 - 8:00 but this is noted in the room usually got there about 7pm and was quiet.

Pools were lovely and plenty of sunbeds anytime of day, weather outstanding. Even locals were using the hotel for a weeks holiday. Guests were mostly Spanish, German and Portuguese with some brits.

Beach a small walk away with restaurants if required, I went half board and never felt the need to eat out. You can get All Inclusive options but I would work out how much extra it costs over half board as you can save some money.

Will definatley be returning to this hotel next time I revisit the Island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank PeteC696
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

How anyone could find fault with this place is beyond me! This place was paradise! It's definitely 5 star! The food was the best food I've ever had and there was something different every night. Entertainment for children and also for adults. Staff was so friendly and very helpful! Everything and everywhere was so clean! Just everything was amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed my time here and didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank princess55555
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Although this review is in the name of Julie, it was Tom Finch and his daughter who visited the hotel. This hotel was described as a 5 star, it was no where near. The food was extremely average, overall the staff were unfriendly and two of the reception staff were deliberately offensive, the reception manager being the worst of the two.
I was particularly concerned about the Cooks use of the poolside toilet. I witnessed one individual using the toilet, failed to wash his hands properly, there being no soap in the toilet and him returning to the kitchens. I reported on three days the lack of soap in the toilet, and still no soap was provided.
I had cause to complain about a number of matters of which frankly should never ever have been an issue in a 5 star hotel. Really appalling ....
I decided to make a formal complaint and spent some time completing the relevant form. I was concerned the complaint would not be actioned and therefore specifically asked for a response. Eight weeks on I am still waiting for a reply.
This hotel is a shambles. I would give this a 3 star rating and expect to pay a modest sum for a stay in it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank julie557
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was extremely upset that the hotel did not match up to its own website, I expected 5 star accommodation and food, but it was nowhere near. The bathroom had rusty and broken fittings, and the water regularly stopped, and the bedroom area was nice enough but nothing special. On the plus side the location was perfect for a quiet holiday and the pool areas were clean, spacious and well kept.

I would highly recommend that if you do book this hotel you choose the self catering option, as the food in the buffet restaurant was very poor. I was pregnant during my stay and even more cautious than usual, but even so I was horrified on our first night to see the chef handling raw chicken with the same tongs as he was handling cooked chicken and beef. The buffet food was not hot as it should be and there were flies all over the fruit at breakfast. We did see the customer relations manager to raise our concerns but her very helpful response was that she had worked there 2 years and nobody had been sick yet!

To top everything off the service in the restaurant was very slow and there was no level of customer service, almost as if half board guests were unimportant. One incredibly rude member of staff chose to ignore us for the remainder of our stay after we tried to get his attention to order drinks after waiting 30 minutes one evening because he was clearing tables rather than serving guests. I got the impression that the Brits weren’t very well liked as the staff were perfectly polite to guests of other nationalities

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 291Laura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Melia Tamarindos
Occidental Margaritas
Occidental Margaritas
#19 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino

Been to H10 Playa Meloneras Palace? Share your experiences!