We were booked into the Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel, but on arrival were told that they had moved us to the higher rated Seaside Palm Beach. This turned out to be a very nice upgrade from 4 to 5 star.
The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful, with very few exceptions.
The pool area is very nice and we did not have the slightest problem finding sunbeds, the pool staff do a great job here.
The food here is excellent although limited for choice on all but the barbecue nights (every third night). The breakfast is very good with eggs, bacon susages etc. cooked to order.
One thing I found a bit annoying was being spoken to in German much of the time, even when I bought an English newspaper I was told the price in German!
I must applaud the fact that they have entertainment every night although some of it left a lot to be desired. Why do Spanish 5 star Hotels have singers that sing 90% of songs in English and not one song from after the 1970's? Is this really what people want. On our last night there was a duo who actually sang a high percentage of Spanish songs and it was by far the best night.
The rooms are very nice although as seems usual throughout Spain the beds are a bit hard and small. The bathroom was also quite small owing to the fact that the Hotel was built in the 1970's but the space has been very well utilised with the recent refurbishment.
There is a turn down service at this Hotel and chocolates and water are left every day, which is a very nice change, a rarity even in other 5 star Hotels.
I had a massage at the Spa and the girl was half an hour late, but I must say it was well worth the wait, one of the best massages I've had!
On the whole my wife and I had a very nice and relaxing week here, I would have liked to have given 4 and a half out of 5, with just the few little niggles stopping me giving it 5/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria