“Once again a fantastic stay”
Review of Seaside Palm Beach

Seaside Palm Beach
Ranked #4 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is the 3rd time that my sister and I have stayed at this hotel and as previously stated we will be returning again. Our last visit was two years ago and whilst the quiet attention to detail by the staff has remained, some slight differences to the facilities available have further enhanced the whole experience. The spa and sauna area has been extensively refurbished, carpets have been replaced, a turn down service is now available and water replaced in the room each evening. These little touches have made a significant difference to the whole experience. Food as usual was varied, creative and excellent quality. Attention from the pool service staff was once again amazing. One member of staff in the restaurant, Daniel, requires significant praise for his quiet attentive manner and his recognizing our needs before we asked. I have brought his efficient service to the attention of the hotel director as I believe credit should be personally given by the management to this person.
We did have a minor problem on one of the first evenings of our stay which I brought to the attention of the hotel director via an email at 10:30 pm. At 8:30 am the following morning she personally sought me out, listened to my concerns and assured me of her actions. Now that is what i call efficiency! I would advise anyone who has a problem to bring it to the attention of the staff whilst you are still at the hotel so they can do something about it there and then. Why grumble via trip advisor when you are home???
So, once again an amazing holiday, batteries recharged, relaxed and contented and with only praise for this great hotel, the caring and efficient staff and the exemplary management style which permeates the whole structure of the hotel. We will be returning once again in the future, but please accept my thanks for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the garden/pool get the late evening sun and amazing sunsets
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Seaside Palm Beach

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The adults only area is fabulous with 4 steam & sauna rooms, a plunge pool and pool complete with jacuzzi area and even an in pool bike with jets. Staff are always on hand to sort a sun lounger and towel immediately upon arrival. The spa itself is beautiful and tranquil. All of the treatments I had were excellent and offers were listed in our room each day. The relaxation area is beautiful and a great place to enjoy the teas on offer. There is a large boules area which is great fun, particularly as it is right next to the bar (which serves rather lethal cocktails!). The main pool is also beautiful, particularly at night. The bar area next to it is a great way to end the evening. Our room was lovely and quiet. Not a design haven but very minimalist and clean. The decor of the hotel itself was fabulous - all very art deco with chic furniture and art. The food was exceptional at breakfast and dinner. There was an absolutely huge choice of food - so much fresh fruit, salad, fish, meats, sushi, pasta, everything you can possibly imagine. We never had the same meal twice all week. It really offered the best variety and quality of any resort we have been to. I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We chose a room which did not face the resort (it looked over the entrance to the hotel) and it was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaMillsDesign
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just returned from a week with two friends.Lovely rooms,marvellous staff and a very relaxing atmosphere.No early rising to get a bed at the pool/s!!!

Two minor issues;no one seemed to be able to make fluffy scrambled egg;pool bar food far too costly and poor in quality.
Apart from that I hope they take note of my comments,though we would still return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Seaside Palm Beach is in a great location in the area of Maspalomas, a traditional building but very well kept and maintained. Service is of the highest standard with excellent food quality both for breakfast and evening meal. Not a new building by any means but the hotel is spotlessly clean and very very well maintained. Staff are friendly and welcoming and it is certainly a place you would want to return to.

Room Tip: Depending on the room type you book. Higher floors better, rooms with pool view or sea views if poss...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ian L
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is wonderfully situated in Maspalomas by the sea, the nature reserve, and sand dunes. Its kept beautifully clean by a team of very friendly and helpful staff. The pools areas are well kept with lots of sun loungers. There is an excellent choice at the buffet breakfast. The a la carte dinners were also very good but the barbecues were less good. Sometimes the service at dinner was no less than chaotic because of shortage of staff and bringing the wrong food. Outside dining brought its own problems and not enough no smoking areas which gave preferential treatment to smokers so that non smokers had to be alongside smokers. By the pool there was no preference given to non smokers. The bathroom was cramped with shower only, no bath - definitely not 5*, was kept very clean with plenty of towels. The entertainment was very minimal and again not 5*.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pools and bar good view but could be noisy. Top floor south corridor excellent vie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margaret E
R_Cibran, Manager at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at the Seaside Palm Beach *****.

I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing seaside holiday and wish to thank you for mentioning all of the aspects that made your stay enjoyable.

However I regret not having been able to achieve our main objective with you, which is our guests´ entire satisfaction. I have personally taken note of the issues that happened at dinner time, and will certainly take actions in order to improve these.

In regards to the smoking / non smoking areas you mentioned, please allow me to explain that according to Spanish law smoking is permitted in outdoor areas. The only non smoking areas that Spanish law stipulates are indoors and close to children’s play areas. We do try our utmost to separate smokers from non-smokers but it is very difficult to totally avoid an overlap.

I am also disappointed to read that the size of the bathroom did not meet your expectations. The sizes of our bathrooms are due to the fact that the hotel was built in the 70’s, according to the specifications of this time. When the hotel was totally refurbished in 2002, it became a Design Hotel and the differences in the shapes and sizes of the rooms and bathrooms adds to the Design concept and the hotels originality. The bedrooms are all of ample size and the furnishings in the bathrooms and bedrooms are all of the highest standard.

Should you have any questions or wishes during a next stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again I wish to thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Rocío Cibran
General Manager Seaside Palm Beach *****

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a very good hotel with some exceptional qualities and some that require a little more polish. Overall, on balance I'm not sure I'd say it's a 5* hotel, but is a very solid and respectable 4*. There is a little bit of rating inflation that blights so many hotels around the world, so the Palm Beach should not be singled out unfairly.

The hospitality offered by the staff is in the exceptional category. The manager clearly instils this quality in her staff by leading by example. From restaurant staff, to pool teams, to room service, to reception, everyone extends warmth, charm and a friendly smile backed by a solid commitment to service. Refreshing.

The food is also excellent. While the breakfast service is similar each morning, there's sufficient choice to ensure your meal is only as limited as your imagination. Dinner alternated between a bbq night and an a la carte night, with the menu on the later always different. The bbq, like breakfast, was formuliac but with plenty of range. Room service menu is a bit limited, as was the pool bar menu, until we found you can order off either, so a bit of an own goal not to list everything in both places. Everthing was cooked to perfection.

The restaurant would benefit from a little more polished service - a bit of external training required for the team to demonstrate 5* service: Set up a maitre 'd welcome station so if it is busy you can receive people rather than guests milling around, prairie dogging for a table; set tables before sitting people; if you're trying to find people who've gone to the bar while waiting for a table, don't stand right in front of them on your mobile talking to a colleague on the other side of the restaurant saying 'these ones?' little things.

The wider facilities are good - pools in good order, plenty of loungers, attentive staff, pleasant reception area and lounges. Rooms are spacious and beds comfy. Bathrooms are a bit cosy and room decor is, erm, vibrant - not to my taste, but in good condition. TV channel range a bit deutch-tastic, but you don't go on holiday to watch telly. Otherwise, my wife enjoyed a spa treatment, which was excellent but a bit pricey.

In summary, we had a good stay made great by the staff and food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TKGM

Dear Seaside Palm Beach Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Seaside Palm Beach **** and for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the hospitality and the excellent food.

Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us in our effort to continually improve our level of service. Please rest assured that I will be following up on these points with my team.

Once again I wish to thank you for your friendly review and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Rocío Cibrán
General Manager Seaside Palm Beach*****

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights in August. There are many positives, for example, the location right next to the beach, the friendly staff, the cleanliness and the quality of the food. But there are also some things that are less than ideal. These include, the fact that although the hotel has been very well refurbished, there's no hiding that it was built in the 70's and as such the rooms, lobby, and dinning area are all a bit small. Also, we found the whole mealtime experience very confusing when we first arrived. 1) because you can just wander in and sit where you like, 2) because on most nights it's a mixture of buffet and a la carte - but nobody explains this on you and 3) because bread is served by the waiters and sometimes they ignore or forget to do it. I would also say that although shorts are not allowed at dinner jeans apparently are - which is fine by me. I just wish that had been made clear before I'd packed my trousers. I would however, like to finish on a positive note and say we really enjoyed the holiday and the hotel is very good. An example of this being how they let us keep our room until 6pm when we left for the airport at no extra charge. We would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Best room are sea view on floor 6 or 7
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phil S
R_Cibran, Manager at Seaside Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Phil,

Thank you for having chosen the Seaside Palm Beach***** and for taking your time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would definitely come back.

Our sincere apologies that on your arrival the dress code and the information for the restaurant was not clear, although this information is included in the information pack you receive on arrival, we will see how this can be improved to avoid any future misunderstandings. The Restaurant offers BBQ/Buffet on three evenings and an á la Carte menu with table service on 4 evenings, a variety which our guests enjoy during their stay with us.

In recent times we have deferred from taking table reservations, to enable our guests to sit at the table of their choice according to what is available on their arrival and to prevent having tables reserved all evening and perhaps clients do not arrive or are late and this can be a disturbance to other guests. Members of the Management are present to greet guests in the Restaurant and show them to a table.

Once again we wish to thank you for your friendly review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely,