This is a very good hotel with some exceptional qualities and some that require a little more polish. Overall, on balance I'm not sure I'd say it's a 5* hotel, but is a very solid and respectable 4*. There is a little bit of rating inflation that blights so many hotels around the world, so the Palm Beach should not be singled out unfairly.
The hospitality offered by the staff is in the exceptional category. The manager clearly instils this quality in her staff by leading by example. From restaurant staff, to pool teams, to room service, to reception, everyone extends warmth, charm and a friendly smile backed by a solid commitment to service. Refreshing.
The food is also excellent. While the breakfast service is similar each morning, there's sufficient choice to ensure your meal is only as limited as your imagination. Dinner alternated between a bbq night and an a la carte night, with the menu on the later always different. The bbq, like breakfast, was formuliac but with plenty of range. Room service menu is a bit limited, as was the pool bar menu, until we found you can order off either, so a bit of an own goal not to list everything in both places. Everthing was cooked to perfection.
The restaurant would benefit from a little more polished service - a bit of external training required for the team to demonstrate 5* service: Set up a maitre 'd welcome station so if it is busy you can receive people rather than guests milling around, prairie dogging for a table; set tables before sitting people; if you're trying to find people who've gone to the bar while waiting for a table, don't stand right in front of them on your mobile talking to a colleague on the other side of the restaurant saying 'these ones?' little things.
The wider facilities are good - pools in good order, plenty of loungers, attentive staff, pleasant reception area and lounges. Rooms are spacious and beds comfy. Bathrooms are a bit cosy and room decor is, erm, vibrant - not to my taste, but in good condition. TV channel range a bit deutch-tastic, but you don't go on holiday to watch telly. Otherwise, my wife enjoyed a spa treatment, which was excellent but a bit pricey.
In summary, we had a good stay made great by the staff and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria