Myself and my partner stayed half board for one week at the Palm Beach Hotel in July 2013. We were very impressed with the hotel. Our room was lovely and it was serviced twice a day - the free bottles of water, chocolates and use of bath robes were much appreciated. We had a room on the ground floor overlooking the pool; privacy was a little limited on ground floor due to people walking past (had to keep the curtains shut!) but the room was lovely and had sunlight in the evening so we could sit on the balcony. We felt sorry for anyone on the ground floor one the other side of the hotel as there would have been a view of the car park so try to avoid this where possible.
The food was lovely (alternative buffet/BBQ and a la carte nights) although the drinks service was slow and service in general a little slow on the a la carte evenings. Staff very polite and friendly. The breakfast buffet is AMAZING!!! Anything you could ever want.
There is hardly anything going on in the hotel in the evening, empty bar (where were all the guests!?), no proper entertainment, so we found this quite boring. It is mostly older German couples who stay there (I am 30 and my partner is 32). Usually on holiday we are happy to hang out in the hotel bar and watch whatever is going on and have a few beers but most nights we walked into Meloneras or got a taxi to Playa del Ingles as it was just so quiet at the hotel. I would have to say I wouldn't recommend this hotel for younger couples, or groups of friends, or anyone looking for a lively holiday. Saying that, the bar is actually lovely although drinks are a little on the expensive side but this is what you expect for a 5 star hotel. We were confused at first but you pay for drinks on a tab (no one offers this information you have to work it out!) by signing a receipt with name and room number. We decided to pay ours mid-week as well as at the end so that it didn't get out of hand.
The hotel is practically on the sand dunes which is great, and very close to bars/restaurants of Meloneras (although mostly restaurants, no lively bars). When at the hotel during the day, we spent most of our time at the amazing flotation pool! This is slightly heated so no shocks when getting in, and is mineral enriched so you can float. The jacuzzi areas of the pool are so relaxing. We never had any problems with getting sunbeds and it stayed hot and sunny well into the evening which was great if we had been out and about in the day. Don't bother booking excursions - the hotel is a few minutes away from bus/taxi station with very easy to use bus service (they have a helpful website).
Great hotel and very helpful friendly staff - thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria