I really liked this Hotel and its Staff but I was severely disappointed, mainly by serious hygiene failures.
1. Awoke during the night to find a large cockroach crawling over bedside table. After a hunt we captured it under a glass. Following a complaint we were moved to a new room down the corridor with a 1/2 bottle of cheap Cava. It meant we had to wash and disinfect everything when we arrived home in case we infected our home with our clothes and luggage. (larvae/eggs). We were told that it could have flown in from the balcony. Maybe so. We didn't have the balcony door open at the time.
2. Came back to the room one evening to find the door wide open (after the cleaners had gone home) and any passers-by would have had access to all our stuff. Apparently a porter had delivered a letter addressed to someone else to our room and left the door open. Thankfully nothing was missing. The receptionist apologised.
3. At breakfast every morning pigeons walked right across the display of cold meats and cheeses, pecking away for all they were worth and then perching on the rim of a fruit salad bowls. They were in at the cereal bowls also. The manageress apologised and took away a bowl when I complained. The meat and cheeses remained. A definite health hazard.
4. Pigeons and sparrows flew on to the bread cutting board and pecked away at the loaves. I saw people coming up and cutting slices of loaf on the boards that the birds had been walking on and pecking at seconds earlier. We were told it was a wildlife conservation area and there was nothing they could do? A definite health hazard.
5. The fire escape door was wedged open with a stone. This is a security hazard as this is how Mediterranean and Eastern European criminals sneak in and enter hotel rooms to burgle and steal guest's property.
I regret having to report all these negative things because I have to say that all the Staff and especially Nicole were extremely pleasant and helpful. You could not find better staff anywhere. They were all truly wonderful and deserve great credit.
Otherwise this is an excellent Hotel and I would love to have been able to recommend it very highly but I'm prevented from doing so by the above complaints. Oh dear, what a pity!
I hate doing this because the Staff are so brilliant and the food is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria