We have just stayed a week here. All aspects of the hotel are excellent. It is in a prime position just off the beach. It has three separate swimming pools - one for children, the main one for general swimming and a third which is a salt-water pool which is extra warm. There are plenty of loungers round the pool areas with efficient service from the pool bar.
The staff are without exception efficient and attentive throughout the hotel. The restaurant is excellent. Four times a week it is a fixed menu offering three choices for three courses followed by a self-service dessert buffet and cheese and biscuits. The other three days are a barbeque. The food is very good and the choices offered a satisfying variety to suit all palates. We did not try the a la carte restaurant and trattoria which are also available as we found the main offering to be more than adequate. Breakfast is also excellent with everything you could want. Night-time entertainment is in the bar lounge and is adequate.
The rooms are large and well-equipped. Prime position would be overlooking the pool area as this gives the balcony afternoon sunshine. We were on the other side but had a seaview and morning sunshine. You need to be on at least the fifth floor to fully appreciate the seaview.
Maspalomas, itself, is a pleasant resort with plenty of decent restaurants, cafes and designer shops. There is very little of the beer and chips type of establishments. There are some good walks available. We walked to the Wednesday market in Maspalomas and did our tourist shopping - well worth haggling and sticking to your guns!. We also took the 32 bus from the bus station just round the corner from the hotel to visit Puerto de Mogan. This is well worth a visit - see your guide books.
All in all it was a lovely winter sunshine holiday away from snowy UK and we will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria