Couldnt really fault anything, right from the start to the end. We had a five night stay here over the Easter holidays. We caught the bus from the airport (route 66) - 3 euros 70 each - which stops a few hundred yards from hotel (El Palmeral Oasis stop). Buses run hourly and it is a cheap and better way to get to and from the airport. Bus was 10 minutes late on the way back to the airport, but we always had a taxi to fall back on if it didnt arrive, but if finally did. We had a friendly greeting when we arrived at the hotel. The location of our suite was good, on the left hand side, near the back...we didnt think it was a good location at first but we were glad that we werent overlooking the pool or the front because of the noise from kids, and glad we werent a long way out towards the back of the complex. Our suite was 139 and was ideally placed, nice and quiet and not overlooked. The suite consisted of a large bedroom and bathroom and a lounge area with a tele (too bad that most of the channels were german though!). There was a fridge in the lounge area (which was empty - which pleased us so we could store our own water, beer and wine in - a minibar was available but you had to ask for the fridge to be stocked, we thought this was a good idea, because if not the minibars can tempt you with items that are over priced.) The bathroom was well equipped with the usual things - soap, showergel/shampoo, hairdryer etc. The suite was immaculately cleaned everyday and the towels changed everyday. Meal times were good - 8.00 to 10.30 for breakfast and 6.30 to 10.00 for dinner. They do offer all inclusive but to be honest after a big breakfast we didnt need anything else to eat until dinner. There was a good selection of food at breakfast and dinner - something for everyone...and lots of vegetarian options...loads of salads and vegetable selections too. We had the house white wine with our meal in the evening (this cost 8 euros - the same wine in their small shop off reception was 6 euros, which we bought to have a drink outside our suite...I know this would be a lot cheaper in a supermarket but the small shop was convenient). The complex is large...and seems to be split into two...the suite and villas side was the "posher" side....over the far side of the complex was further rooms with a separate reception, pool and restaurant etc....I understand that these are not so good as the suites and villas side. The supermarket is located on this side of the complex which we used once or twice for beer, water and crisps etc. Even though we over the children stage, there seemed to be plenty to do for families with children...lots of entertainment etc. The only thing we would object to is using live parrots as a form of entertainment...not really appropriate in present times. The walk to the beach and Meloneras/Maspolomas was a pleasant 15 minute level walk by the canal. This is a more upmarket area compared to Playa del Ingles....but obviously not so busy and not so many bars etc....but to be honest we walked loads in the day time so were happy to have a glass of wine at the hotel complex in the evening. The beach is good...we avoided the regimental sunbed area...and is split into sections for nudists and gays etc. The sea is very cold though!!!! The dunes are very pleasant and good for the legs! We saw loads of wildlife...kestrels, lizards etc. There is free wireless in the reception area/television lounge if you do want to take your own laptop. You can use the hotel's computers for the internet...but they do charge (seemed to be 3 euros...but dont know how many minutes you got for that). Overall, a very good hotel for both couples and families. We will definitely be returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its architecture and the horizontal layout of its Villas, Suites and Senior Suites, located amidst a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, make this a unique resort within the Canary Islands. It is located next to the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is just 800 metres (approx.) from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers, who want to enjoy a holiday in a haven of peace and open spaces, giving freedom of movement to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Maspalomas
- Dunas Suite Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria