Stopped in a 1 bed villa for 10 days, from the 15 th Sept to the 25th.not an upgraded one, did request one but to no avail.
Some have been refurbished if you can get one of them you have hit the jack pot.The one we stopped in was o.k but a bit dated, mirror in bathroom has gone brown in places the shower was tired the decor was in need of attention. But all in all perfectly acceptable for a short stay. But beware of the dreaded Spanish cockroaches I hate them and have a bit of a phobia about them, we found 3 in total during our stay in the villa and they are massive I mean massive, !! And they fly for short distances, I did see a man spraying out side to keep the numbers down and been at ground level does not help.food was problerly the best we have had and we normally do 5 star hotel, this is 4 but low end 4 not the best 4 star about.
We were all inclusive and that was good to, no que to get served at all during our stay. Staff were great very friendly and polite, the restaurant staff were excellent in my opinion always clearing away dirty dishes and cleaning tables. Drinks at lunch time,serve your self which is my preference, drinks at dinner time are served by waiting staff.
But getting to the thieves, we were in the villa getting ready for dinner at approx 1930 hrs I was in the shower and the good wife was in the bedroom. Somebody come in the room and stole my wallet which was on the TV table in the lounge. When I realised the wallet missing I was on my way to reception to report this I found it in the bushes around the side of villa, money missing, there was 200 pounds in sterling and 160 euros , good days work for some person. Went to reception to report they said go to the police station to report, we did but police said do not speak English, go away and call an interprete to translate into Spanish, very nice I thought. We did do that with the help of Lisa on reception who I would very much like to thank her.
Also Alfonso was excellent on reception could not have do more thank you to you two. The general manager was a German woman who said we will pay for taxi fares to and from police station,20 euros going twice.But did not get this money.
But apart from the lost money all in a good place to stop for the money we paid.
Also the animation staff were great, day and night doing a little dance to a tune you will not get out of your head. And Adi I think was her name, great girl, very good at her job, especially the bingo in the day in pool bar.
This place is geared up for families with small children, but we alway travel out side school holiday so not over run with children, we are not against children, I was one once ha ha!! But later on in life we require some peace and quite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its architecture and the horizontal layout of its Villas, Suites and Senior Suites, located amidst a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, make this a unique resort within the Canary Islands. It is located next to the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is just 800 metres (approx.) from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers, who want to enjoy a holiday in a haven of peace and open spaces, giving freedom of movement to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Maspalomas
- Dunas Suite Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria