We spent one week here early February and had a fantastic time from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. This hotel really deserves the 4 * rating.
From the moment we arrived, the reception staff were really friendly and accommodating; something we were not used in Gran Canaria asfter 10 years! Fantastic Reception service.
The room blew us away as it was not what we were expecting. Very big, really comfortable beds, nice bathroom and nice decor. We even had a great WIFI service; YES in the room! Novelty.
The hotel grounds are really well kept; that of a 5 star property!
We did not use the pools much as the heated ones were busy with children playing. I would have loved to use the big pool, but that was too cold for me!
The Animation team worked really hard and did a great job in entertaining everyone.
The food was of excellent quality and variety, but no frills in terms of service. This is a typical buffet All Inclusive experience, but still really good and recommended.
What I thought was a great idea was you could get 1/2 price "Top Shelf" drinks as part of your all inclusive deal. Not something I have seen in Gran Canaria before. 2-3 euros for a nice brandy or Jack Daniels was well worth it! They even serve good local sprits as well which is included in your AI deal. Excellent all round.
So.....are there any not so good bits?
The only thing I could critise (which never spoilt our holiday by the way!) was the service staff in the Restaurant. If everyone was like Rosa, this hotel would be 10/10. The service staff are young and inexperienced and missing customer service skills. I never knew whether I had to get a glass of wine or ask for it at dinner or ask for coffee at breakfast or wait to be served.
This hotel deserves all the stars it has. Well done and thank you.
The only question I have is, what is the difference between a Suite and a Villa? We ordered a Villa but my conscience told me I was in a suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its architecture and the horizontal layout of its Villas, Suites and Senior Suites, located amidst a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, make this a unique resort within the Canary Islands. It is located next to the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is just 800 metres (approx.) from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers, who want to enjoy a holiday in a haven of peace and open spaces, giving freedom of movement to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Maspalomas
- Dunas Suite Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria