We stayed here for the late UK Half term. Weather wasn't fantastic but given the forecasts before departing came in better than expected - tail spin of Hurricane Sandy brought a deludge on the wednesday.
Think i would agree with many of the reviews here, but would focus on the following.
1) Yes very few English families in attendance - the substantial number were actually from many of the scandinavian countries - very few Germans or Spanish in attendance this week.
2) We had one of the 2 x bedroom configurations - 1 with double bed / 1 with twin - comfortable & very roomy. came with 2 bathrooms, small living area with limited TV, and a kitchenette type of arrangement. Unfortunately we had a few cockroach issues but reported to Reception and they undertook to contact outside company to sort - no idea if did.
3) Everything is very geared to very young families - teenagers would be bored stupid.
4) Strange arrangement where you can use a restaurant at either end of the complex - food pretty much same at both - did get boring very quickly.
5) snacks at pool bar at lunchtime were good and popular.
6) Entertainment was usual Animacion fair - big gap between childrens show and the adult entertainment often saw most leave as soon as kids were done. Meant often entertainment was poorly attened.
7) Seen a report that said walk to Sea front is 5-10 mins. it is 800m and nearer a 20-30 minute depending on your walk !
8) Room Change / House keeping staff excellent. Towels a plenty and room refreshed everyday. On day of rainstorm they were incredible.
9) Place is starting to look & feel a little dated. lots of the paved areas have broken paving slabs, which, whilst not dangerous, just seem unloved.
10) There is supposed to be a dress code for dinner (according to their video in reception) - totally unenforced. most attending dinner in beachwear.
11) Bar staff we found courteous - no problems. Similar for Reception.
Decent place, good sized rooms, but place is very much for young families. place felt dead from 9pm.
Setting / Gardens are attractive - but outside of hotel there is nothing unless you take the walk to the beach area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its architecture and the horizontal layout of its Villas, Suites and Senior Suites, located amidst a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, make this a unique resort within the Canary Islands. It is located next to the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is just 800 metres (approx.) from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers, who want to enjoy a holiday in a haven of peace and open spaces, giving freedom of movement to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Maspalomas
- Dunas Suite Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Suites And Villas Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria