We have just returned from a lovely stay at the riu palace. There are rooms in the main hotel as well as villas in the grounds of the hotel which are nearer to the pools. The hotel is shaped a little like an inverted horse shoe which you can see from the picture, the rooms on the 3rd floor above reception have the best view and sun from around midday . We had room 2073 which has the morning sun. There is not much of a sea view so don't upgrade for that , however, you would want to overlook the centre area of the hotel for best views so e mail the hotel a couple of weeks before you go. All staff are exceptional and the hotel very clean , are waiter at dinner name was Manolo, he was very attentive and funny, making shapes out of servietts for us. There a wide variety of choice of food.
We sat at the 2nd pool as we like the sea view, there were plenty of chairs with thick cushions for the sunbeds. There is a gate at the back of the hotel leading to a lovely promenade along the sea with designer shops and a great atmosphere. The whole area is disabled friendly my dad had his wheel chair and hired a motor scooter. We did try to walk to Mespalomas but the path there is not so good, we did not like the area much there either so were very pleases we chose Riu Palace Meloneras over Riu Grand in maspolomas.
If you like a tea/coffee in the room take a kettle, the hair dryer is not powerful for long hair. We were there 7th to 14th Jan, the mornings and evenings are chilly, we asked for blankets for the beds, but the days were around 25 degrees with a lovely breeze. Tui the German Thomson have quite a large presence with a large number of over 50's. I would recommend the villas for the younger people and families if you like
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Maspalomas. Next to the sea and near El Faro. 3-Storey main building and 1-storey villas, surrounded by a 40,000 m2 garden with access to the beachfront promenade. Colonial-style architecture. 800 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria