“Simple, tasty, value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant La Tapita - Los Jose's

Restaurant La Tapita - Los Jose's
Ranked #21 of 663 Restaurants in Maspalomas
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris
“Simple, tasty, value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Very positive experience at this simple restaurant serving succulent tapas and plates at very reasonable price. We plan to go again tonight. Make sure you arrive by 9pm to avoid queues.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Absolutely superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Read the trip Advisor reviews & decided to try this place out. Hidden in the suburbs & about 7mins taxi ride (€6) from yumbo centre in playa del ingles.

Not many tables & a steady stream of locals trying to get a table meant we were glad we had phoned ahead. We went for tapas and asked the waiter to pick 4 dishes for us to sample. The service wasn't the fastest but this was not because the waiters were lazy.....far from it, they were rushed off their feet & literally didn't stop.

The food was well presented, freshly made & tasted great. We would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try authentic tapas.

1 Thank Jenny H
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“So disappointed :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the first Bad review I have ever given. I would consider myself a bit of a 'foodie' having said that when ever I seek out the hidden treasures that can be found travelling I like to think I have an open mind to various types of restaurant and the food they serve. The service in here was great and the place was packed which is always a good sign. A great busy lunch time atmosphere and all the tables are huddled together, all looked great. I ordered a Tapa to start of Pulpo a la Vinagretta (Octopus in Olive oil with onions a Peppers and Vinegar) a real favourite of mine. This was fantastic and without doubt as good as I have had ( I must have eaten this 1000 times), tender and delicious. Then came the mains I ordered the fish in Tomato sauce and my Girlfriend ordered the Grilled white fish. This was on the specials of the day which is also normally a good sign. My fish was old and did not taste fresh or good at all it had bad texture and the sauce as bad and nondescript as it was made a terrible job of covering up the taste. It came with boiled potatoes and that was it. The potatoes were what I said boiled potatoes and needed lots of salt. The simplicity did not bother me just the fact that I was hungry and was trying to hide the items of food under each other. I ate the bread from the basket which was fresh and nice. My Girlfriend started with a lentil soup which she really enjoyed and I thought it was OK nothing I would ask the recipe for. She did not enjoy her white grilled fish at all and said it was just simply not nice. It had no slice of lemon to try and enhance it and she said it was totally unseasoned, again she was embarrassed but trying to find a way to leave the food hidden under her knife and fork. I probably would not give this restaurant such a bad review had the food been 'just OK' but the main courses were both dreadful. We went on the back of the trip advisor reviews and think its good to be fair and honest about our experience. We might have been unlucky but we won't be going back. :(

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Adam W W
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Best tapas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Authentically Spanish tapas restaurant. No menus, choose your food from the bar. Tapas was delicious! Not a great location, had to get a taxi there but was worth it. Very helpful waiters.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter F
Essen, Germany
“Recommendable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Delicious tapas and very friendly staff (German, English speaking). We enjoyed a nice evening in this small restaurant.

• Visited June 2014