“What a dump”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went to this so called restaurant on nov 9th 2012.
It was my wife's birthday I had looked on trip adviser
And thought this looks good. I had never Heard of the place before
Although we have had a house in maspalomas for 8 years.
When we arrived we were sat at a nice table near 4 other tables
With Germans sat on them . We then waited 10 minutes to get a menu
While to to waiters fused around the Germans .
When we ordered my wife chose rack off lamb to which the wait said
THIS FINISH. But we have baby lamb chops, my wife said ok that
Will be fine I ordered pork . He said ok no problem.
5 minutes later he returned to say the lamb chops had all gone GREAT I thought .
My wife then ordered a fillet steak medium .
We had starters which were ok
Then came my wife's main course with blood dripping out of it
Which we sent back straight away. Then my pork as tuff as old boots.
Then 5 minutes later the fillet returned by the silent waiter
Now with no blood dripping but sill red raw inside.
My wife left it.
We had no apology from the staff. We waited 15 minutes for the bill I had to ask 3 times for it.
This place is in the middle of nowhere next to the motorway.
If your not German don't go the ignore you.
In 8 years this is the worst restaurant I have been to in grancanaria
My advise stay well clear

3  Thank Lytch

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on the Tripadvisor reviews. It is not altogether straightforward to find but is well worth the effort. We were more than satisfied and this place ranks among our 'top three' in the area. There is simply nothing we can think of to criticize. The starters (Black Teror pudding and fried cheese with 'pimientos') were both delicious. The same goes for the main coureses - my partner took the rabbit and myself the fillets with foie de canard. The desserts - home made, choice to be made at the rack - just topped the experience.The waiters vwere attentive and helpful. Always around when needed. Giving good advice. And the best point was that while discussing wines I mentioned that I prefered white dry ones nad my partner likes better more sweet ones. So two bottles (dry Spanish Chardonnay Argaray and sweeter Arese from Tenerife) were brought and we only paid the consumed part. The bill stopped under 80,- euro. If you want to experience a real Canarian cuisine and ambience you should not miss this place!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was our second visit to El Salsete in a fortnight and I can only say that it was perfect both times.
The restaurant is in a quiet, residential area at the back of Playa del Ingles, but just a five minute taxi ride from most of the hotels in the resort and about the same from Maspalomas and San Agustin. If you go by car there is always plenty of parking spaces close to the restaurant. We did look on Google maps but the actual location wasn't correct so it is a good idea to get a taxi or ask someone.
The restaurant is fairly large and there is also a covered terrace area. The decor is pleasant and discreet. The tablecloths and napkins are linen and the crockery and cutlery all in perfect condition. The service was excellent, not too intrusive, discreet, ample knowledge of what was on the menu, the day's specials, and generally very informative. All the staff were locals.
After ordering we were served an "amuse bouche" while awaiting the first course. The tiny squids, the octopus, the roasted vegetables with prawns, and of course the canary style potatoes were all delicious starters. There was an ample wine list, including half bottles. The mineral water (sparkling) was Firgas, the best on the island, and a good size bottle. For main courses we had "Cherne", a local fish, which was cooked to perfection and beautifullly presented and "strips" of fillet steak with a mushrooom sauce and matchstick fries, truly outstanding. The desserts were excellent too, Profiteroles filled with sorbet, topped with chocolate sauce and a wonderful raspberry mousse.
The bill was a modest 60 something euros, for two people, three courses, wine and water. Taking into account the service and quality of the food, unbeatable in the area. This is a restaurant that serves real canarian food, made from canary island products, served by canarians. After experiencing the monotonous, international, tourist orientated, mass produced food served in many resort restaurants, this place really stands out from the crowd.We live on the island and plan to return on a regular basis to the restaurant, my only regret is not having discovered it sooner.

1  Thank grankan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have eaten often in Salsete and i have to say its a really good one. Service is 100%. You can enjoy here daytimes monday to friday a good menu or in the evenings and weekends the card. This restaurant offers a really good wine list. I repeat.

1  Thank ArnoCanarias
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have been there 3 times, the first time a la carte was good but expensive, the 2 other time, the menu , reasonnable price but the service is too long you can never get things when you should or have to wait between courses so long that you want to leave as for the bill don't wait just go inside and ask to pay.
This restaurant could be good but needs more staff. Anyway it's far for what it is.
I hardly can digest their wine so beware do not choose the house wine!

1  Thank ParisBruno75