All reviews snack bar kids club astro turf toasties holiday world kebab meat separate bath animation team superior double room artificial grass ice cream sun loungers family suite slush machine ground floor foam party evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Back from a one week stay at the hotel with my partner and 4yo son and we all had a great time. The room was a decent size and in a great position (Zone 2) if you are a couple on your own maybe this wouldnt be suitable as it is right next to the entertainment area. The food was good, not a huge choice but there was always something to have during meal times as well as the snacks available at the bar. The animation team were fantastic, and put such effort into everything they done and encouraging guests to take part in activities. The kids club was brilliant and always had so much to do, the equipment they have is the best i have saw. So, Alice, Antonio, and Jasmine from the animation team always had a smile on their faces, enthusiastic and made all the activities fun. There were work experience students in the animation also, who were just as enthusiastic as the full time staff. The hotel is walking distance to an amusement/fair park and market but apart from that, the hotel isn't really near any shops or bars but it wasnt an issue as the hotel/entertainment was so good. A couple of the pools were heated, essential at this time of year. We had no problems getting sunbeds at the pool. I would imagine this may be different in the busy season. It was also my birthday whilst we were there and the hotel left a bottle of wine and message in the room for me.

1  Thank MairSquie
Hotel_THe_Koala, Gerente at Hotel THe Koala Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MairSquire,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other guests and also for choosing us to spend your birthday!.

We could not be any happier to hear that you had a lovely stay. It is with great proud that we receive your praises and your wonderful comment about your actual holidays at theTHE Koala Garden.

The satisfaction of our guests is our biggest rewards to our efforts, and knowing that you are enjoying every moment of your vacation motivates us greatly.

We will continue working hard to make your stay a wonderful and an unforgettable experience

Warm regards,

The management team

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Just back from a 2 week stay at the hotel and could not be happier. The food was good during meal times as well as the snacks that were available out with meal times. The animation team were fantastic, always busy and encouraging guests to take part in activities. Our stay would have not been as enjoyable as not for them. Our 4 year old spent a lot of time in the kids club which gave us adults some relaxing time at the pool. So, Antonio, alice and jasmine from the animation team definitely made our holiday as enjoyable. There were work experience students in the animation also, who were just as enthusiastic as the full time staff. All the other staff are friendly too. Rooms are a good size. We moved the sofa bed mattress into the bedroom so we were next to our child when sleeping. I would say this hotel is for families or people who want to relax. The hotel is next to an amusement park, but apart from that, the hotel isn't really near any shops or bars except the local spar. I knew that when I booked so it wasnt an issue. Some of the pools were heated which is essentially this time of year. I thought that all pools were heated not just some. I dont know if I read the brochure wrong or they just weren't heated. We had no issues getting sunbeds at the pool. I dont know if this is always the case or just the time year. My criticism is the bar facilities. We had no problems but peak times would potentially cause problems as the indoor sports bar is very small and would not really accommodate many people. So apart from a few minor observations, there is nothing that I could personally have any complaints about. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 384steveng,

On behalf of the entire team that forms the hotel THE Koala Garden we would like to thank you for your excellent rating on TripAdvisor and for sharing your experience with the rest of the users.

We are very pleased that your stay has been attentive to your expectations and that you enjoy all the facilities of the hotel and to the good treatment offered by our staff. Regarding the bar facilities I let you know that we are trying to find the solution to solve the issue with the size.

Waiting to see you again.

Receive a warm greeting,

The Management Team

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Just returned after an 11 night stay here with my husband. I have to say the rooms/suites are very nice, spacious and clean. The grounds and pool areas are well kept and the food is good with plenty of choice. We met some really nice people over the course of the holiday from Scotland, the North East and Essex with whom we had some great laughs. The downside is the bar area, definitely not four star. Firstly I have never been to an all inclusive with only one inside bar which was inadequate in size and secondly have never been served drinks in plastic cups or paper cups. We did venture out on a couple of evenings due to this but once we got in with this group of friends it vastly improved. Also the dining room is not big enough either. The staff were lovely but I don't agree with them brushing the crumbs off the tables onto the floor to make way for the next diner. The outside canvas dining areas may be fine in summer but not at this time of year. We had no experience of cats in the dining room.
We have been to quite a few places with Jet 2 holidays but must say this is the first one to let us down. Overall we had a good holiday due to the friends we made but we won't be returning to THe Kola Garden Suites.

Room tip: If you want peace and quiet Zone One is the best. With kids Zone Two.
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Well impressed... Nice accommodation with no complaints. A few things I would change but nothing at all to complain about.
Room was lovely, ground floor so had a terrace with table chairs and 2 sunbeds. In room 313 which meant in January we had the sun from rising until about 11:45am. It took around 45 minutes to walk to the lighthouse, but for those of you are less mobile a taxi would cost about 4euro,Beautiful views and well worth a visit. Taxi to Playa de Ingles around the same price, spent a very pleasant morning right on the sea front.
If time we've been away in January but won't be the last. Already planning our 2nd visit for the same time next year....

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear B1097EVdenisew,

On behalf of the all Team of THe Koala, we want to thank you for choosing us to enjoy your vacation and also for sharing your experience regarding the facilities of our hotel.

We are pleased to know that our rooms satisfied your expectations, having the sun from early in the morning in front of your room, getting you to have a relaxing and comfortable holidays!

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,

The Management Team

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I'm saddened to have to write this type of review, but the bad aftertaste after a holiday during festive period hasn't left me a choice. We came to as 2 families with small children aged 7 and have been emailing to request 2 rooms near each other without getting a response. The hotel is made up of 3 parts, 1st zone is by a side road which needs to be crossed to get to all the attractions. 2nd zone is in the centre of kids club and 3rd zone has good connections to all attractions in the hotel. We were placed in zone 1 in room 115, despite two families that were checking in st the same time as us were placed in zone 2. Once we got to our room we discovered ants crawling all over the bed and the entire room, we changed rooms. Miss M from reception has started laughing when we told her our son is anxious and scared of falling asleep surrounded by ants. She even made a comment "why is he afraid of small ants, our friends kill cockroaches everyday".
Cleaning every day included making of the bed, change if towels and a spray of insecticides. The smell of the insecticide was there every day and was awful. The floor in the bathroom was sticky from the dirt, it was so bad that I cleaned it myself. I attached a photo. In addition ot that, the lady who was in charge of cleaning the room, started cleaning out the contents of my husbands wallet, and stole some notes.My husband left the room for 30mins and forgot to put his belonging in the safe this one and only occasion. Manager tried to compensate us for it, but we no longer felt comfortable or particularly safe in the hotel. It was the first time we had such a situation occur during a holiday.
Its be best if I dudnt comment on the food. Breakfast was the same every day, even the baked beans were watered down. My son loves baked beans and even he was unable to eat those. Stray cats were wandering across dinner tables looking for scraps. The dinner on Christmas eve was somewhat palatable when they had help from a new chef. Everyday there were just hot dogs, burgers and a meat stew.
The balcony door in our room 102 and our friends room 283, when locked and given a slight push would give in and open. So the rooms weren't secure at all.the reason why we went for this hotel, was that it was recently renovated and the rooms and the bathroom were spacious, despite being dirty.
Warm water in the swimming pool, and the animation staff were very attentive. The weather was beautiful, not windy and quite warm for the time of the year. This is another holiday I have booked with jet2, however this time I was very disappointed. This hotel in my eyes, and many others, doesn't deserve the 4* it allegedly has.
The staff at reception should also be more friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
3  Thank andrzejfocht

Dear andrzejfocht,

We want to thank you for sharing your feedback of your holidays with us, these comments are always helpful so we know what we have to improve and also what we are doing well.

On the other hand, I want to remind you that on your arrival you had your friends’ room and yours near each other, that is why we decided to put you in zone 1 as there were no more chances to put you together. Regarding the family you saw that had rooms assign in zone 2, probably they did not have rooms together or the same room categories as you did.

Talking now about the ants, we apologies about the issue, but we immediately gave you a room to change, in zone 2. We are really impressing to hear about that comment, we always receive good feedbacks about our staff and specially how helpful and friendly our receptionists are.

While you were here, we spoke about the stole you said that happened in your room and we checked on our system. We explained that we have never had an issue similar to it and the lady that was in charge of your room is a lady that has been working with us for many years and she is from our trust.

We are happy to hear that you liked the Christmas eve dinner, but I want to say that that night we had exactly the same chefs as always. In the sport bar you can find as said hot dogs, burgers... However, in the buffet you can find a range variety of dishes.

We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,