The complex is small and charming - activity is sunning oneself around the pool. The bungalows are all within a couple of metres to a stones throw from the pool. We found that lovely. We had number 15 and a few steps only from the pool. Perfect. In busy times that might not be ideal if there was lots of splashing etc.
Pool is COLD!! No doubt about it!! If you are thinking of swimming frequently hmmm, not sure if you will here. I always swim and couldn't bring myself to use it once! One or two very young children happily used it though. No on-site facilities for children ie swings, games room etc.
The shop/reception/bar is next to the pool.English is well spoken. Beer is icy cold and about 2.80 euro for a large one. Cocktails freshly made are 4.95euro. Meals are freshly cooked and pizza is about 6 euro. Breakfast about 4 e I think. Other usuals range from burgers and chips to spag bog and steak, about 3-6 euro. Barbeque on Thurs looked great, French man cooking it.
Apartments are very clean and on 2 levels.( All are ground floor so no high-rises). I found my bed and pillow comfortable. We were coldish at night and got extra blankets from reception. The pool area is cleaned and maintained daily and the rooms are cleaned about every other day. Ample. Piping hot shower water.
I never found my way around the resort proper. 'Residential' I now realise means away from resort. Is there a resort???? There are lots of 'centres' which are shopping and restaurants combined but these often seem to be away from any beach. And were either very busy and full of sales people hassling customers, or deserted and a bit miserable.
Holiday world is an amusements type place about 5 -10 mins walk from the apartments with ATM. We found it miserable because it was very quiet, plus we had no children to entertain. In high season might be an evening blessing for young families.
There is a free bus from the apartment complex round the corner, follow the supermarket sign. This bus departs and returns a few times a day to Playa del Ingles beach. We did not know about this and really feel we missed out. I spent 2 or 3 days of our 5 days, walking around with the map trying to find the quickest route to a beach. I ran one day and it still took me 20 mins (excluding the time spent getting lost sooo many times) so I would love to know which beach anyone finds that can be walked pleasantly in 20 mins. I am sure it is there!! We walked to Masapalomas beach and that seems the furthest away on the map. We got lost finding it but it probably is about a 30 minute walk. As one reviewer says, follow the dried out canal.
Taxis are plentiful, immaculate and about 3-3.80 euro depending on where you are going, You pay the price on the meter and it is all very easy and non threatening.
We dressed up and taxied into Chapparel centre a couple of evenings; good restaurants and pubs; English and dutch and nice food and much less manic than Yumbo centre. Quizs and bingo etc. Friendly. But again, just a small shopping complex really, no resort atmosphere as such.
I went with my adult daughter and we loved relaxing by the pool for the day and having our own 'home' a step away, and the bar across from the pool for cold drinks or morning coffee. It was
I missed not being able to walk into the heart of the resort.
All in all a very pleasant experience with our accommodation. Could not fault it, but location off key for me.
2 videos here of accommodation. I must have a sad life!!! http://youtu.be/0GfqlIt6508
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A pleasant holiday complex situated in the well known tourist resort called Campo Internacional in Maspalomas, at the south of Gran Canaria. Servatur Sun's Gardens consists of 42 duplex apartments in rows with parking, reception, lounge, swimming pools, snack bar and mini-market. Distribution: First floor: separate bedroom (twin-bedded) and complete bathroom. Ground floor: sitting room with TV (dutiable) and sofa-bed. The kitchen is equipped with cupboards, fridge and two electric cooking rings, service, glassware, cooking utensils, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Servatur Sun's Gardens Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Sun`s Gardens Bungalows Hotel Maspalomas
- Servatur Sun's Gardens Bungalows Maspalomas, Gran Canaria