“This restaurant is enchanted.”
Review of Samsara

Samsara
Ranked #22 of 701 Restaurants in Maspalomas
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A different way to enjoy in Maspalomas. International cuisine for share with oriental flavors. Intimate and original surrounded by nature in the south of Gran Canaria.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It felt like a spiritual homecoming. So many oriental treasures to admire! The formula of sharing dishes is inspired. The food was extraordinarily good and brilliant. We had wonderful prawns to start with followed by duck and then the foie gras on sirloin medallions all entirely succulent. The 2002 Gran Calzadilla wine we drank was a great recommendation from Mark, our waiter.
The service was excellent. We even managed to speak to the owner about the restaurant’s concept and the vision which he has created there. The lounge / garden area at the back of the restaurant reinforced the feeling of welcome and attention given to the clients’ well-being. I could eat there every week.

Samsara-Maspalomas, Propietario at Samsara, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hi Dominique L!

Thanks a lot for your time and specially for the interest you've received our work. It's really nice when we find people who really enjoy all than we have to offer. We hope to see you again in our house :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent place with wonderful food. Asian cuisine there taste like heaven! I never was in place like that before. Recommended to everyone! Its worth to go one more time to Gran Canary only for that restaurant!!

1  Thank kaska4k

Hi Kaska4k!

Thanks a lot for your words, we hope to offer you our work on a next :)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wow, quite fantastic and an extraordinary find. Opposite the dunes in Maspalomas this Asian fusion creation of Chef Juan is an absolute must, take the only table available as we did (Friday at 19.00 and the first people there as you ask) and you will not be disappointed!

As they say all the plates are for sharing though a traditional appetite like mine will cope with a starter and main course with a degree of ease. We started with the special prawn dish of the night, nine king prawns cleaned and fried in breadcrumbs, rolled in toasted sesame seeds and served with three sauces and an obligatory popadum. Quite excellent.

We then selected the duck in spicy sauce and whole duck foie gras on sirloin medallions. They said the spicy duck was six out of ten spicewise but as a real chilli fiend it was pleasant, the spicy sauces I requested were however more properly on the Scoville Scale. The meat was exquisitely cooked and delicious.

For us one starter and two main courses left me sated and not having overeaten. My wife was equally replete, though two main courses between four would have left everyone a tad hungry.

For the wine we requested their best unusual bottle and were recommended the 2002 Gran Calzadilla which was wonderful and good value at €48 and the overall bill was around £100, wonderful value for money.

Just go, it is quite excellent and whilst their concept is a little different (not the usual Michelin service style) it is different and all the better for it!

1  Thank JolyonG

Hi JollyonG

Thanks a lot for your words, and specially for the time you've offered us to explain your experience in our house. It's really a compliment to receive how some people really understand the way we try to do the things :)

Different isn't good or bad, it depend of what do you expect from us. We hope to see you next time in Maspalomas. Again thanks a lot :)

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I dined with two others and though we liked the food but unfortunately it wasn't the taste sensation we were expecting after several minutes of explanations from the front of house about what they are about and how they are so booked. I got the impression it was a place to be seen rather than about its food. It is worth visiting but we did did have nicer meals in Gran Canaria

Samsara-Maspalomas, Propietario at Samsara, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Hi Sir.

I must to offer you my apologies because you're right. I shouldn't "teach" what I try to do and offer you less than that. Even If I've explained it before, like i did.

Again excuses for offer you less than we can do, and thanks because now we know something more (I tried to teach you something and at the end you've taught me what i shouldn't to do. And believe me, it's really a good lesson because for a next time I'll be ready).

Thanks a lot for the time you've ofered us, and we wish you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

had dinner here on Friday evening before flying back to UK the next day, very busy, excellent friendly service, the food was amazing, and we struggled to finish our main course! wonderful red Thai curry! will be back next year....

Samsara-Maspalomas, Propietario at Samsara, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Hi Richardderbys!

Thanks a lot for your words, it's really nice to find people who enjoy our work. Happy New Year and hope to see you soon :)