“Great sea view only went for drinks though...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Senador

El Senador
Ranked #142 of 666 Restaurants in Maspalomas
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bradford, UK
“Great sea view only went for drinks though...”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very friendly waiter, fantastic sea views definitely a place to be seen at sunset, cannot comment on the food but the seafoods looked especially good...

Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Durres, Albania
“nice view”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

a very nice view from that restaurant where we were stopping for a coffee after a whole day in the dunes of maspalomas, before starting the nice promenade of the melon eras (on the other side of the faro). Unfortunately we were there around 5 p.m. and it wasn't time to eat but I was watching this beef thigh serrano and it really gave me the envy to try it. Especially that it was of 5J (equivalent to 5*) quality. Definitely stopping there next time for dinner. Prices were above the standard prices one could find on the island but not more expensive as in the continent good and expensive areas.

• Visited August 2013
Oslo
“Awful food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Tourist trap!!
We stopped for an early lunch, and had two different salads. Both were pretty bad, especially the Caesar salad, with dry chicken and overcooked eggs, all totally killed by lots and lots of some salty sauce.
The price was horrendous, while the service was acceptable, but no more.
Go somewhere else!

München
“Never again! We have never seen such unfriendly waiter”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

In February 2014 we were guests of our restaurant El Senador in Maspalomas, let me say, we tried to be it.

We were two and chose a table for two, in the shaddow. The waiter came soon, put the menu card on our table and went away. He didn't look to us, he didn't have any time to say "Buenos dias" or something else. I don't know his name. He looks a little George Clooney, but really only a little bit. Both of us were a little bit confused about such a behaviour.

I'm very tall (2 m), so that I put my chair a little bit backwards. Another (friendly) waiter saw this and puts a chair behind me away, so that there was enough space for me and the rest of everyone in the restaurant.

Then the first waiter came back. He put the chair back behind me and told me (he didn't ask) to put my chair forward. He said that there would be not enough space to walk through. I told him, that I'm tall and that it is uncomfortable for me to but my legs under the table. He offered me another table which I refused because I didn' want to sit in the sun. I explained this to him.

The waiter insisted pushing my chair forward. He added that he don't want to wound himselves walking behind me!

So I turned my chair a little bit, giving space behind me to put my legs beside the table. Again the waiter didn't accept this.

We are on holiday and I didn't want to have any trouble, especially for my wife, who was confused and ashamed about the behaviour of your waiter, so I put my chair under the table. We ordered our drinks and dicided not to take lunch in your restaurant.

I don't know, if you can image how nice it was at this moment to be our guest. We decided to taske our drink and never come back again.

During this two english people sit down beside us. It was the same waiter who offered a table to the new guests. These two were waiting for about 10 minutes to give their offer. No chance. The waiter didn't came back. The english people left our restaurant without any service, without any drink. Shortly we talked to them about our service.

During the next minutes it seemed to funny and satisfactoring for the waiter to cross behind me and touch my body.

Same minutes before we asked the waiter to pay. Do you think he said "Yes, Sir, I will came soon" or something else? He smiled. He smiled like a little boos who has nothing in his poor life than to ride your guests.

So we had to wait. During waiting another couple came and took a seat at another table. The waiter came soon and commanded them to change the table in a manner that we can't believe. The reason: They sat down at a table for four; they were instruceted to take a table for two. Let me add that not a third of the tables are in use in the restaurant.

All together we waited for our bill 15 minutes! Then, at long last, we could leave your restaurant and your "service".

Maybe you can understand, that it caused me to laugh, reading our slogan "...not only ... a friendly service...". I'm comparing your behaviour to the slogan of a famous shipping company "Say never 'No'!".

You are discussing with your guests, you let your guests wait, until they leave your restaurant, you don't offer a service, you are giving orders, you are operating your restaurant like a factory with the primary purpose to make money, I think.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Hans_MeierM_nchen
Helsingborg
“Fantastic location, mostly good food and variable service”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Every year we come back to this restaurant, at least once. Its location, just by the beach of Mas Palomas, east of the lighthouse draws lots and lots of guests. The Place is divided into several parts, two sections with sunbeds, one upstairs for those without clothes and downstairs for the rest of us. Here, bar service is also available. Then there is a bar section, hugely popular!! Furthermore a cafeteria style restaurant part which takes up a lot of space and then, the "real" restaurant with white table cloths, Indoors or outdoors under roof. The latter is our choice. Many Reviews speak about the horrendous service. And yes, it can be. It took us years to learn how to deal with it, or them. It is an advantage that we speak almost fluent Spanish, no doubt. But the few waiters and waitresses have lots of clients to deal with and usually hurry around. Most do not smile, but some do, especially when you yourself smile and speak their language. Remember, we are in Spain, you can't expect everyone to speak English or German? Or? That said, we agree service is not normally great, but this particular visit it was!! We have some favourites on the menu that we nearly always order but this was the first time we ordered fish (called Lubina) baked in salt. Didn't want it with creamed spinach and no objection from the waiter to change it into lightly boiled, salted and buttered vegetables that were fantastic. Really! Fish itself was absolutely great, and on our list of top 20 fish experiences (and we live by the sea in Sweden so we've had a few). Starters were good, too, but them we knew before. A very decent Albariño wine from Galicia made our day complete! Please try to be tolerant as to the service, you might get a better experience than you expect if you lower your expectations somewhat... ;-)

• Visited February 2014