Lowest prices for your stay
$110
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$110
Priceline
$79
ScandicHotels.com$123
Hotels.com$110
eDreams$110
1,352 results
All reviews nice hotel family room breakfast buffet small supermarket scrambled eggs central stockholm subway station alvik sek sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
SusanneG1264, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2019

Reviewed June 17, 2019

No toothbrush, no toothpaste. Shower gel in room empty. Receptionist tried to sell us the refill. Consistently rude. Reported problems to another receptionist. She did not care. Worst service anywhere

Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us!

I'm so sorry for your experience with the reception. Since this is not how we should treat our guests, I have talked to our receptionists in order to understand what happened. There seems to have been a misunderstanding as the receptionist didn't understand that you needed a refill of the existing shower gel in the room. She thought you asked for shower gel to purchase in our shop. It's very unfortunate that you had this experience due to this misunderstanding but I can assure you that we would never try to sell a refill - it is of course supposed to be provided by us free of charge.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again. Should you choose to give us this confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me in advance on susanne.gravander@scandichotels.com and I will make sure to upgrade your stay in a nice way to compensate for this experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Prices were high in Stockholm when I needed the room, and I paid a fair whack to stay here.

They claim to be two minutes walk from the Metro station. I could do it in four!

I stayed for six nights and I think I was initially allocated an economy room, despite having paid for a standard one. The young man who checked me in said that it should be possible to upgrade me to a higher floor if I asked the next day. I did and they did.

The bed was comfortable and the room was big enough (just). As others have noticed, the shower enclosure does not contain all the water that comes out of the shower so the bathroom floor gets wet every morning. The Wi-Fi in my room was good, although you needed to log back in quite often. The air-conditioning did not work properly, and they put a freestanding tower in the room without me even asking for it. I asked for a cleaner every other day, and the person who did it made a half-hearted attempt to remake the bed.

I did like the ice machine in the corridor.

I thought the breakfast was exceptional. The hotel is large, but the breakfast room could absorb a lot of people and there is a good choice of good quality food. The coffee is good, which is quite unusual for a large hotel. Ignore the sign by the entrance which invites you to wait to be seated. The staff will ignore you.

The staff in reception were good. In an English four star hotel, if you have left your shaver at home, they will give you a cheap razor and a little tube of shaving cream. Here, they will sell you what you need for a lot of money.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MrOrganist
SusanneG1264, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Hello MrOrganist,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such detailed and informative feedback on your recent stay!

We appreciate your input and will include definitely in our work to improve our product. I will also forward your specific critique about being ignored in the restaurant to our Restaurant Manager who will make sure that every team member is aware of the level of service we want to show our guests.

I wish you a lovely summer and a warm welcome back!

Reviewed June 16, 2019

We arrived early in the morning after a night spent on a night train to Stockholm. The staff was extremely polite and flexible to our needs. We got early access to the SPA and could take a shower and even a complementary breakfast. The hotel is located at a picturesque and quite place just a few train minutes from the center of Stockholm nearby a commuter train station. The breakfast was excellent even though it was crowded . The beds were comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Thank you so much for your kind review! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I wish you a lovely summer and a warm welcome back!

Reviewed June 10, 2019