“Good hotel to stay”

Scandic Alvik
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bromma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in Scandic Alvik for 2 weeks, since I had my office in Gustavslundsvagen, Alvik. The hotel staffs are very courteous to attend to your needs and also they had a great breakfast. The station is just 100 meters from the hotel and we have shops like ICA and McDonalds near by. They have a gym as well, but it's very basic.

Overall, a nice place to stay for business trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Ponsingh,

Thank you for your nice feedback from your stay with us!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found our staff courteous and that you liked our breakfast!

I look forwards of having you as our guest soon again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After various disappointing experiences with hotels in downtown Stockholm I chose the Scandic Alvik because of its good connection both to the city (less than 15 minutes subway) and to Stockholms-Mässan in Älvsjö (less than 20 minutes with the tram). Compared to the city hotels I experienced, the room had much more space and a true bathroom, not only a one square meter cell. And the breakfast was quite opulent, though somewhat boring. A perfect stay for two or three nights over the weekend.
However, after a one weeks stay I am somewhat doubtful whether I should rate with three or four dots. Because certain aspects became rather disturbing the longer the stay was:
- no closet so that I had to keep most clothes in my suitcase;
- no window that can be opened in the room. The a/c-system is excellent, but I slept very bad without fresh air (I asked at the reception whether there was an option for a room with a true window but that seems only to be the case with the suites);
- Full range of breakfast available only on Saturday and Sunday. On weekdays breakfast offer was limited and tasted boring. In addition, the dining room was very full and noisy at least between 7 and at 8 am which led to queues.
- And, finally, everything is neat and modern, but completely lacks atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Renate,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Scandic Alvik!
I am happy to hear that you appreciate our location as well as the size of our rooms.
It ´s correct as you state that our windows are not able to open. I am glad you feel that the ventilation system is working well so the air is still fresh.
We always strive towards improving and therefore welcome your feedback of the things you feel we can do better.
I also hope we get the chance of having you here soon again!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This isn't luxury but a good clean basic hotel. Don't look for little bottles of hand cream & shampoo...they're not there. It has a small refrigerator. There was no water pot for coffee or tea, but I called housekeeping and asked if they could provide them, and they did. There was no additional charge at check out for this. There are ice machines on every other floor, but they were turned off because there was a large number of young people staying at the hotel who were participating in a sporting event...these young people were ruining the machines according to the hotel personnel, so they were turned off. Ice was available at reception. The reception people were always charming and helpful.
If you are taking the subway and walking to the hotel, the going is a little tough due to construction. There is not much around this hotel..an ICA grocery store is close. Mc Donalds is there too.
Breakfast is good---the usual scrambled eggs, tomatoes, beans & under-cooked bacon. The bread is high quality, they have fruit smoothies that are a bonus. Coffee is very good. Kudos to the young black guy with dreadlocks who clears tables faster than any other three people...and does it with a smile. Hope he is appreciated at this restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Asmen,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Scandic Alvik!
Especially thanks for the nice feedback regarding our staff in the breakfast and front desk. I will make sure they recieve your nice comments so they can feel proude about their good job.

For those who prefer more amenities in the room we offer a room type called Superior extra.
In these rooms you have coffe and tea set, fridge, more hygien products from FACE in bathroom, bathrobe, extra movie channels, 50 SEK voucher, safebox and a beatiful view over Stockholm and lake Mälaren.

Hope we get to have you as our guest again in the close future and that perhaps you can try this room type at that time!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel. It's a bit out of town, but within 10 minutes by train, the station is a block away. Really good value for Stockholm. I enjoyed the breakfasts here. I had a room with a single (twin) bed, so the room was very small, but fine for me as a solo traveler. The room was quiet and I slept well. No issues with the wi-fi connection. Staff was friendly, although unable to credit me with SAS points instead of Scandic points at check-out, they said it needed to be done at check-in. Strange. Otherwise, no complaints and i would definitely return to this hotel if I'm ever back in Stockholm.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Duncan,

Thank you for staying with us earlier this Summer!
I hope you had a good time in Stockholm!

I am very happy you enjoyed staying at Scandic Alvik and that you appreciated the location, breakfast, room, wifi and staff.

I look forwards to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in July, had a family suite with a super view. Close to subway, quite, great breakfast, stayed a extra night because it was so nice. Had a great time and made our trip to Stockholm pleasant. ICA and McDonalds just across the street next to subway and bus terminal. Extensive breakfast selection and lots to choose from even though it was busy, staff was friendly, fast and courteous. Absolutely would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear K B,

Thank you for your nice feedback from your stay with us earlier in July!
I am very happy you appreciate the location, the breakfast and our staffs service.

I hope to see you at our hotel again in the close future!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed in this hotel three times during the last years. Why? Because it is close to my family in Stockholm, and we got a good deal.

Pros:
1. Great breakfast
2. Quiet
3. Average good scandinavian standard
4. Close to public transport

Cons:
1. Overcrowded and noisy during breakfast
2. AC that do not want to obey us
3. You need to have a rather long walk to get to inner city

I can recommend this hotel for those that get a good deal and have a good reason to stay in this area. If you are a tourist visiting Stockholm; Chose another location.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Lukmaa,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback of your stay at Scandic Alvik!
We appreciate getting to know how you exprerienced your stay with us.
It's great to hear that you enjoy our breakfast, the location and the scandinavian standard.
We also appreciate your feedback regarding the areas we can improve.
Hope to see you again next Summer!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staye for one night here.
Room was ok, air-condition was not working. Had a terrible night with almost no sleep.. Not good! No windows to open.
Breakfast was great! Staff was pleasant as well. Ok location from Sthlm city

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Anna J, Manager at Scandic Alvik, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.
I am very sorry to hear that the temperature in your room was too hot and that our ventilation system didn't help. We appreciate all feedback like this so we can make sure everything works as it should. I am also glad you liked our breakfast and that you found our staff pleasant.
I wish you a continued good Summer and hope we get the chance to have you as our guest again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromma
Story Hotel Signalfabriken
#27 of 154 in Stockholm
Norrmalm
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
Vasastan
Best Western Plus Time Hotel
Brommavik Hotel
#7 of 10 in Bromma

Been to Scandic Alvik? Share your experiences!