My wife and I stayed the first week of October 2010 (paying £250 each AI for our weeks holiday inc flights from Scotland).
The hotel staff could'nt be faulted, the young ladies on reception were very helpful, the ladies that cleaned the rooms could'nt be faulted. In the food service area across the street in the sister hotel, all the staff were excellent.
The range of food offered was good, there was always something that was availabe to fill you up. The salad and fruit counter was always filled to the max with an excellent and varied choice available.
AI drinks were available until midnight everyday, the draught lager was Amstel and was very good.
Entertainment varied, Karaoke, Bingo, Quiz, Disco and Live music were the norm during the week.
BBC news was the only English channel available on TV so dont bother getting a remote when you check-in.
The room we had faced onto the dry/ish river bed at the rear of the hotel. This really suited us because we got the sun from lunchtime until dusk.
Do not come to this hotel as part of a stag or hen party, everything stops at midnight. The walls between rooms are very thin and from previous posts I now understand why much has been mentioned about treatment received by those making "too much" noise.
I could hear a holdall being unzipped in the room next door to me, talking quietly could be heard from above, below and from either side, so be warned.
Tossa is a great resort; it has fantastic beaches, excellent resraurants and bars, interersting local history and is only a short bus ride from Llorett and Barclona.
My wife and I used the AI in the Center hotel for most of our food and drink.
To watch UK teams football we went to bar Comics. Drink prices were in line with what you'd pay in the UK and the Dutch fellow that ran the place was a nice guy.
On Sunday night we went to the Spanish bar (Can Bigotis) at the top of the road to watch the Barca game. The barman appeared shocked that a tourist had ventured into the bar. My limited spanish allowed me to ask for a beer and a glass of red wine. We stayed for 3 more rounds for 2 and the bill came to less than 10 euros. This bar is a must if you bite the bullet and go into a real Spanish pub.
There was a definate sense of Tourist price v Spanish price in most of the bars/shops in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar and only 150 meters away from the great beach of Tossa and 200 meters from the town centre the Hotel Tossa Center **** has a priviledged location. The hotel has 74 rooms, 24 hour reception, Wifi at a charge, restaurant with buffet service for all meals*, internet corner, snack bar* and a small but cozy swimming pool. The Hotel Tossa Center **** is ideal for couples and families who want to enjoy a pleasant relaxed holiday, in one of the most beautiful towns of the Costa Brava, Tossa de Mar; where they can admire the fort wall, the old town, dream beaches, quaint bars, restaurants and boutiques which are the main attractions of this enchanting town. *Some of these services are provided by its sister hotel, the hotel Tossa Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tossa Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tossa Hotel Tossa De Mar
- Tossa Center Resort All Inclusive
- Tossa Center De Mar
- Tossa Center Hotel Tossa De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain