“Well worth a visit.”
Review of Tossa Center Hotel

Tossa Center Hotel
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed the first week of October 2010 (paying £250 each AI for our weeks holiday inc flights from Scotland).
The hotel staff could'nt be faulted, the young ladies on reception were very helpful, the ladies that cleaned the rooms could'nt be faulted. In the food service area across the street in the sister hotel, all the staff were excellent.
The range of food offered was good, there was always something that was availabe to fill you up. The salad and fruit counter was always filled to the max with an excellent and varied choice available.
AI drinks were available until midnight everyday, the draught lager was Amstel and was very good.
Entertainment varied, Karaoke, Bingo, Quiz, Disco and Live music were the norm during the week.
BBC news was the only English channel available on TV so dont bother getting a remote when you check-in.
The room we had faced onto the dry/ish river bed at the rear of the hotel. This really suited us because we got the sun from lunchtime until dusk.
Do not come to this hotel as part of a stag or hen party, everything stops at midnight. The walls between rooms are very thin and from previous posts I now understand why much has been mentioned about treatment received by those making "too much" noise.
I could hear a holdall being unzipped in the room next door to me, talking quietly could be heard from above, below and from either side, so be warned.
Tossa is a great resort; it has fantastic beaches, excellent resraurants and bars, interersting local history and is only a short bus ride from Llorett and Barclona.
My wife and I used the AI in the Center hotel for most of our food and drink.
To watch UK teams football we went to bar Comics. Drink prices were in line with what you'd pay in the UK and the Dutch fellow that ran the place was a nice guy.
On Sunday night we went to the Spanish bar (Can Bigotis) at the top of the road to watch the Barca game. The barman appeared shocked that a tourist had ventured into the bar. My limited spanish allowed me to ask for a beer and a glass of red wine. We stayed for 3 more rounds for 2 and the bill came to less than 10 euros. This bar is a must if you bite the bullet and go into a real Spanish pub.
There was a definate sense of Tourist price v Spanish price in most of the bars/shops in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark K
There are newer reviews for Tossa Center Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2010

For the price this hotel cn not be beaten. The food was fine, always something i liked. The choice was large enough to make sure my wife and I put on several pounds in a week. It suited our taste but would not suit anyone who only likes "English" food but after all you are in Spain.
The staff were excellent ,especially thr reception team. The all inclusive was very good, the maximum time to wait for drinks etc was only two or three minutes at the busy times. As can be seen there will always be complaints, we saw a man complain his glass was not filled to brim. "In an all inclusive hotel" unbeleivable.
The hotel was constantly being cleaned and always looked spotless. A warning; this is not nightlife resort or hotel if you want to drink and party until the early hours you will be dissapointed. Tossa del mar is a wonderful place to have a relaxed break. One comment, the beach is very steep and unsuitable for young children to swim from.
I will be going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

we were there for 9 nights sheets not changed asked after 6days shrug food cold same every day entertainment dire will not go back to this hotel or the sister one across the road 4star never

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank isabelconn
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for the first time mid September 2010, was allocated a ground floor room which was very clean & comfortable but was in the shade all of the time & did not have a balcony. Very prompt & efficient check in, safe in room is 19 euros a week plus 10 euro deposit. Fridge in room is also available to rent, but I did not use it. As already noted by other reviewers, meals are taken across the road in the Tossa Beach Hotel, this is not a problem as you only need to cross a narrow one way street. Staff in both Hotels are very friendly and polite, no problems getting served at the bars: 2 drinks at a time, this includes beer,spirits,soft drinks,cocktails,tea & coffee.Pool area a bit small, but plenty of places to sit either inside or outside. Three minute stroll to beach or town. Food is pretty standard Spanish holiday Hotel stuff: always plenty of choice at all meal times, well cooked and served a bit hotter than you usually find in Spain. Snack bar in the morning & afternoon at the Tossa Beach was handy to soak up the free drinks! A varied clientele, all well behaved, some people slightly tipsy, but no attitude. As noted before, you are called indoors at 11.00pm, I imagine this is due to local licencing issues as there are residential properties next door, bars in both Hotels open from 10.00am till Midnight, so plenty of time for a swift beer. Would recommend the Tossa Center for a laid back all inclusive break. The town of Tossa is great, but does not offer a lot for the younger crowd. I really could not fault this Hotel or it's staff and management, I holiday alone and did not have any issues with the Management or staff as some people have reported in previous reviews. A big thanks to all the staff & management at Tossa Center & Tossa Beach for a great holiday....Already booked again for September 2011, see you then! Regards..Mark.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank simplesimonsays057
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The hotel is in a great location, a short walk from the beach in one direction and the town in the other.
Tossa de mar is a lovely place, and would definately like to return. I would say it is more suitable for couples/older groups, theres not really much for kids to do/

The hotel- split in to 2 hotels- not a problem, and I'm glad we stayed at Tossa Center rather than Tossa Beach- slightly quieter, and I think generally clearner.
The only pain at times was all meals/snacks were served in tossa beach.

The room was spotless- (on one occasion when we wanted a lay in, we were distrubed 4 times by ''Valentina'' the cleaner. (Pity there was no 'do not disturb sign')
Our room was on the side of the building, so we werent overlooked, and got the sun late afternoon- fine when wanting a break before heading back out for the evening.
2 double beds (rock hard pillows) . Air conditioning, and a fridge you were supposed to pay for (someone had left ours unlocked ;) )
Very basic, but clean- and we didnt spend much time in it.

Pool- tossa centers is very small- but the outside area gets the sun ALL day. Tossa beach seemed to get the sun late afternoon, the pool wasnt massive- about 15 metres by 5. we didnt use the seating area outside at all- and there are 4 gorgeous beaches a few minutes away

The food..
Breakfast- large selection of cereals, yoghurts and fruit. Different breads (only 1 toasting machine) and then sasauge, bacon, fried eggs, cheese ham etc. Was nice enough- you get what you pay for.
Lunch- usually some form of fish, soup, loads of salad/pasta/ chips/some form of chicken/meat.
Basic, but edible.
Dinner- avoid the meat is all I can say. 1 night I picked what was once turkey.. it was overcooked, and didnt look much different from a dog bone..
Then another night, me and my partner went for the beef/steak. Mistake. He cut into his, and it was ''rare'' to say the least. I cut into mine, and it was raw. Couldnt eat it, and the day after my partner was ill.
Snacks- toastys/hot dogs and chips.

There are some really nice resturants just a few minutes walk away.. they are worth having a look at, the food really isnt nice unless you can live on chips, fish balls, fresh salad, and melon..

Drinks- unlimited. had no problem- coka/fanta/lemonade/teas/coffee/white and red wine (drinkable..) and lots of spirits

Entertainment- the quiz with Monica at 9pm, followed by bingo in tossa center. then in tossa beach there was some form of disco most nights. last orders at 12, then the ''big light'' goes on at 12.05- they then start ushering you out.

we went for 5 nights (6 full days) and tossa is well worth seeing. the hotel really does need to improve its food.
and I would have hated to have been in the rooms a few doors down, near the lift- every time it was requested it has the loudest bell. also, if you're on the ground floor/front side of tossa beach you would be massively overlooked

I would recommend you request a higher floor in your booking preferences..

overall, a nice hotel, and other than evening meal, we had our moneys worth.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

For the price we paid? we were over the moon!

We arrived for a weeks break in September 2010. The room was really good, view wasn't great but we had a balcony that got the afternoon sun.

The room had 2 double beds and great air conditioning (at no extra cost). It had a fridge and safe (we didn't enquire about the price of this is we didn't need it). There were fresh towels and the rooms were cleaned every day. It had a hair dryer in the bathroom with a power shower over the bath, it also had a bidet, There was a tele that showed a couple of British channels e.g. BBC News and BBC3 (not much else).

The hotel offered internet access at a cost (think it was 1 euro for 20 minutes)

The pool is small but does the job - used mainly by the kids - but the sister hotel across the road's pool was much bigger - tho only got the sun in the afternoon.

The food wasn't great (though I must admit there were LOADs of folk eating in the hotel - maybe we're too fussy?)

Breakfast - Cereal - Cheeses - cold meats - Toaster - Bacon Egg Sausage etc. (was great)
Lunch - wasn't good..... The smell itself put us off
Dinner - not good at all.... if you like salad you'll be ok...
Saving grace? the snack bar ! it sold toasties, burgers chips and hot dogs.

We ended up eating at the snack bar during the day and eating out at night. But for the price we paid - we were happy to do this. There's a kebab shop around the corner and a deli too - there are loads of places to eat out in the town (we had dinner with drinks for around 25 euro). There are supermarkets only a few minutes away also.

The bar was great - all inclusive was the best option here - the drinks were free flowing and we never had to wait more than a few moments to be served.

There was a quiz on every night with bingo and other activities if you wanted to join in.

The average age of guest in this hotel was 30.+ if your looking for a lively holiday then this hotel (or resort for that matter) is not for you. It's suited for people who are looking for a relaxing time with no hassle. The staff are very strict on the "midnight rule" where basically they roll in the pavements and shut everything down!

Tossa De Mar is a lovely place - quiet an unassuming - the hotel is minutes from the shops and the beach and is spotlessly clean.

The transfer time is around 40 minutes from Girona. Barcelona is about an hour away - there is a bus station about 5 minutes walk away that offers buses to Lloret De Mar and Barcelona (you can also get a mini cruise from the beach to Lloret).

The flight time from Glasgow is about 2 1/2 hours and they are 1 hour ahead.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavieAndAudrey
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Stayed there recently with my daughter.
On arrival was given a room for people with dissabilities.
The room was on ground floor, very dark and dismal, no balcony obviousley but you could not have the curtains open as you looked straight into other apartment opposite.
When we complained we were told by Diana (receptionsist) we would have to pay.
After a lengthy dispute with we had to contact our holiday company and get them to send fax to have our room changed although I had my booking details with me. My daughter can speak spanish so we were able to converse very well and we were moved next day to another room. If you have any problems with your booking the hotel are not interested at all . I would not stop at this hotel again. However Tossa de Mar is a beautiful resort and we met some lovely people.
Catherine Russell