All reviews great hotel centrally located hotel old town huge bed excellent breakfast internet connection eggs and bacon people watch hotel parking rooms are modern evening buffet costa brava first floor mini bar restaurant staff top floor beautiful town
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2016

Although I'm not sure that this hotel deserves a 5 star rating, it was a nice place to stay for a good price. Elfin lies on the fringe of the main, pedestrian-only shopping district. The whole town is very small so it's easy to get from the hotel to the beach and the beautiful called Roman city of the hilltop. I had booked on the hotel's website which offered not only a 10% discount but also a free bottle of cavas; the total price with tax was 68 E. When I arrived at 1 PM, sure enough my room was ready and there was a bottle of sparkly chilling in an ice bucket. The room was quiet, the HVAC worked well, the bathroom was excellent with adequate amenities, and it was clean and well lit. Though the wi-fi was free, it was a royal pain. Unlike most other places, I had to sign in with a user name and password every time the connection was disrupted. For some reason, the connection was not automatically established when re-entering the hotel. I had a 1 PM bus, so I asked to stay a half hour after checkout, to 1230. The clerk looked at me as if the place was packed (very low occupancy), and reluctantly, allowed me the extra half hour. In any event, this hotel is safe, quiet, and clean; although, I might opt for something on the beach if I return to the beautiful town.

Room tip: High Floor (4)
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Super rooms, excellent staff and generous and well presented breakfasts. The bathrooms and bedrooms are really clean and well maintained. The staff are competent and friendly.
The rates applied are extremely reasonable. The location within a few meters of the beach and in the heart of the town could not be better. There is no reason to consider anywhere else. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Waddlerstrikesback
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I stayed in this hotel two years ago over Easter and again last month at the beginning of the Easter break. I enjoyed staying at the hotel the first time on a bed and breakfast deal and this time on half-board. The location is perfect for Tossa, a two-minute walk from the beach. If you want a hotel with a pool for the summer this is not the place to go, but if you are happy with just being able to be on the beach then this hotel is perfect. Great rooms, amenities, a really friendly staff and great value for money especially in spring and early autumn. The food is good and there is a hot tub on the roof terrace for early evening relaxing. A great spot for discovering the Costa Brava.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank James W
Dante H, Gerente at Hotel Delfin, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

Dear Jmes W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is extremely important to us and help us to take the necessary actions to correct the incidents.

Thanks you very much to value favorably our service and facilities.

Thank you, and please, do not hesitate to contact me for any enquiry you might need.

Yours sincerely,
Eva Castillo
Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

Very welcoming, room was fantastic. Location for being a tourist was perfect. Hot tub again lovely, didn't have dinner there.
Breakfast wasn't the best, some of the food was obviously left over from earlier days so a little stale. But overall would always go back

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dante H, Director Comercial at Hotel Delfin, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about the Hotel Delfin.

Feedback is extremely important to us and help us to take the necessary actions to improve our service.

Thanks you very much to value favorably our service and facilities.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any enquiry you might need.

Yours sincerely,

Júlia Biel
comercial@hotelesdante.com

Reviewed December 10, 2015

Location: excellent. 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Surrounded by shops and restaurants. Easy walk from the bus station.

Service: poor. Dealt with a few people at front desk with simple requests and they were all surly. Also, they will make you sign a receipt stating they gave you the option of paying in Euros or your local currency but this is false – they actually convert to your local currency and charge a significant mark-up (we did the advanced payment booking). We made them reverse it (which there is also a charge for depending on currency exchange fluctuations) but we sorted it out with the credit card company once we got home. We found their practices sketchy.

Room: I was worried about the bed as some people complained about comfort in the reviews I read, but I found the bed was pretty comfortable and I was suffering from a shoulder and knee injury at the time. The room was clean. A/C did not work well and their attempts to fix it did not help. Had an in-room safe, wardrobe, and good water pressure with hot water.

Breakfast: it was enjoyable and there was a large selection of cheese, cold-cuts, breads, baked goods, hot items, etc.

Tips: Avoid the 1 Michelin star restaurant La Cuina de Can Simon - it was disappointing and forgettable, a definite pass. No doubt they will lose their star. Does not come close to Michelin standards.

Date of stay: June 2015