Tossa Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tossa Center Hotel(Tossa de Mar)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Canaima(Tossa de Mar)
  • Room Service
Hotel TossaMar(Tossa de Mar)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mare Nostrum(Tossa de Mar)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Avenida(Tossa de Mar)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel GHT Costa Brava(Tossa de Mar)
  • Pool
Mar Blau Tossa Hotel(Tossa de Mar)
  • Bar/Lounge
Don Juan Tossa(Tossa de Mar)
  • Pool
Hotel Mar Bella(Tossa de Mar)
View Hotel
Hotel Florida(Tossa de Mar)
1,126 results
All reviewstoastiessaladtossa centerhot dogsparrot showshort breakhotel is spotlessice creamplenty of choicecleaned every dayold townbars and restaurantspool area isminute walk to the beachcleaned dailycold meatssomething for everyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was here again with my daughter, we previously visited in 2008 at the sister hotel just over the road. This time Tossa centre was closed for the winter so we just had use of the facilities at Tossa beach, which was a shame as you have the choice of a quieter bar in the evening and their pool area gets the morning sun.

This time the quality of the food was a lot better, the facilities had been upgraded and the place looked modern and fresh, all kept immaculately clean.

The staff were busy but always attentive, one of the bar staff Bunny even recognised me from 3 years earlier.

My only negatives were that the room walls are not thick so be prepared for a disturbed night sleep, also can't say the entertainment was my cup of tea, all keyboards and cd players belting out Spanish standards, the quizzes were good though, but at the end of the season my expectations were not high, was happy enough downing the all inclusive beer.

I would definitely go back, the prices are great value for money, a very picturesque small resort, family oriented where everything shuts down at midnight and probably not for the stag/hen do party type crowd.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank toondad
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Just returned from a weeks holiday at the Tossa Beach Hotel, This was booked through lowcost holidays.com as a late deal, booked over the phone at 0900 in the evening, the booking experience was effortless, all paperwork printed off just after booking, ( I dont know why their is a need for high street travel agents) flew from my local airport (Prestwick) 15 minutes from home, excellent flight times, both ways(Ryanair) including all transport, transfers, taxes and all inclusive for 7 nights all for just ovey £300 each. With this in mind you have to be realistic.
I do think it is rated correctly as a 4 star.The hotel has a modern feel, was absoloutly spotless all the staff from cleaners up to management were all very helpful. Our room was no 203 on the front of the hotel, we got the sun on the balcony from 10.00 untill 05.00 in the afternoon.I have read complaints about the food, but as it was an all inclusive deal I never expect too much. although I am not a fussy eater I found the food fine, although a bit repetitive, I would not have liked to stay for two weeks AI.The quality of the food was good, (you just have to look at the amount that some people had piled up on there plates, and not much left over as testimony to the food quality), there was a microwave if you wanted to give a bit more heat, ( the rice pudding was great, even better after a couple of minutes in the micro.) I found the drinks at the bar ok, better than the usual watered down rubbish you get in some AI hotels.

Now the down side: this was difficult, as most people like to complain I find this hard for this hotel, it is not a complaint just an observation, there is no soft seating lounge area that you could relax after dinner with a drink in the bar, it and the restaurant were a bit like school dinner hall with uniform rows of chairs and tables and no theme or character to them.

Would i recommend this hotel or go back? of course I would, I would also recommend trying lowcost holidays.com they were very efficient and friendly and made the experience effortless.
Just think about the price then have a look at trying to get a weekend in London and you wont get much change if any for your £300, if you want the Hilton you pay for the Hilton.

For a quiete week at the end of the season then Tossa must be the place to go, plenty to do during the day and nice and quiet in the evening, with almost no noise after midnight.

Room Tip: High up 2nd or third floor on the front of the hotel
4  Thank HASTLEFREE
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Great position, clean, staff good, able to use the sister hotel across the road (quieter) Rooms decent size, TV only 2 snowy channels.Down side is the food ok if you want to live on salad the hot food is cold! Not much selection mostly the same each day pudding was always cold rice pudding assorted coloured jellys and ice cream.Breakfast continental or cold bacon and eggs cereal ect could always find something to eat but not appealing.Not for a fussy eater!
Tossa de Mare is a lovely resort geared more for the mature or couples. The walled castle area is wonderful at night for a meal or drink the beach is lovely but the sand is coarse (hard on the feet) take a pair of beach shoes!
I would use the hotel again but not all inclusive B&B would be better as there are lots of lovely places to eat.

Room Tip: Dont have a room by the stair well or the lift people are very noisy when they go to bed ask for one at the end of a corridor.Weekends seem to have a lot stag/hen parties!
1  Thank Dunwich
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Just returned from Tossa Beach Hotel, now we really need a holiday to relax. We had asked for a room with balcony or sea view, on arrival we were given a room with neither! Returned to reception and asked for a room change, duly obliged, new room with balcony, size? not fit to swing a cat, room for one person only at a time. Meals are normal for a 2-3 star AI, definately not 4 star. As always you'll not go hungry. Snacks are toasties, hot dogs, burgers & chips served at main bar. Staff at main bar are very friendly & helpful, always ready for a laugh & joke. Bar was well stocked, tea & coffee served here from 10am-midnight.Room was very cramped,most have a double+single bed ,small bathroom with hair dryer no other extras .Not much hanging or drawer space for clothes ,the wardrobe is only a single.No towels on hire or loan for the beach. Entertainment consisted of 4 different ORGANISTS,(seriously our church organist has more beat in him, & he's been dead for 10 years, lol) The parrots show & karioke, that was it (thank God for Elvis, you stole the show).We found reception staff very friendly & helpful, cleaners & cleaning not up to much. Swimming pool area can be dangerous not much room for passing the loungers. No life-guard or first-aider on show. There are 44 loungers & 50 chairs, so not much room. Also you don't see the sun at the pool until late afternoon, sun on terrace most of the day. On the Saturday a Spanish wedding party arrived for an over-night stay, to say they took over is an under-statement, they were ringing all the rooms on our floor, annoying a lot of people. must visit the castle & old town & make sure you have your camera, it reminded us a bit of Rhodes town. The beach is only 500mts away, take a towel or sand mat as the beach is mostly shale.All in all not the worst Hotel we have stayed in ,but we wont be returning to this Hotel but maybe to Tossa Del Mar.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1  Thank scoobydobelfast
Reviewed October 21, 2011

stay away from this hotel if you want a relaxed holiday i have never written a review about any hotel we have stayed in but this time i feel that people should be aware of this hotel myself husband son daughterinlaw and two kids stayed here for one week in october the food was terrible always cold and not much variety one family went and complained to the manager about the food and was told if he didnot like it then leave his hotel the family got in touch with there rep and was moved to lloret demar my husband and i was pulled up for smoking in the room also my son and daughter inlaw and told to pay 250 euros to get the room smoke smell free as myself or husband dont even smoke this was totally out of order my son smoked but only out on the terrace we made an appointment with the manager and he said that he was realy sorry that it was a mistake but that didnt help as they had locked my son and family out of there room until the matter was resolved also was told that this had happened the week before we arrived and that two familys had to pay to get back into there rooms because the maid had said it smelled of smoke if you are smoking in your balcony then i am sure the smell may come into the room i think it a way of getting money from you well they certainly made a mistake with me as i could provether was no smoke in our room as we dont even smoke i will never never return to this hotel stay away

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family