“excellentia”

Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a beautiful hotel neatly hidden in the resort of Tossa del mar, yet within reach of all that the resort has to offer, From Aqua lung experience to sailing to climbing or even just Housey house (Tombola) (Bingo) !! Five nights and days completely full of so much to do , My companions and I were overwhelmed by the generosity and friendliness of the inhabitants, Great food particularly salads a la med !! I personally couldnt get enough !!

Room Tip: Overlooking the pools gives the best of the Sun!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AAMPR
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear guest,
What a pleasure to read these lines and the big amount of enthusiasm about our hotel and Tossa Mar. Thanks for sharing your opinion!!
I’m glad to know that you enjoyed our buffet and facilities. Hopefully we will see you again!!
Don’t hesitate to consult our web site, ghthotels, to discover other GHT Hotels and take advantage of the best promotions.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Tossa De Mar was one of those places I just hadn't gotten around to visiting and the resort itself you will not be disappointed with. I chose the Oasis Tossa after reading various reports from this site, the hotel itself is nice and clean, bedrooms spacious, it was really towards the back end of the season so there were plenty of sunbeds to go around, peaceful around the pool and actually a decent size pool, there wasn't much entertainment at the hotel, but normally that isn't a issue but because again end of season not much happening in town as well, as most things shutting down. I was however very disappointed with the food at the hotel - not being a fussy eater and normally always finding something to eat - one night i really did struggle, they seemed to mess around with food putting it in all sorts of sauces, the choice at times was quite poor - of all the veg and fruit that they must grow there did seem little evidence of this at dinner time - I personally didn't find the staff that friendly especially in the dining room, their manner at times was quite off putting - so would I go there again, probably not,however i would definatley go back to Tossa De Mar, its a delightful resort - a warren of streets where you can find bars & restaurants and little hotels, the beach's are clean and although i didn't venture into the sea - it did look very inviting. There is also a bus service into the nearby resort of Lloret which is a totally different kettle of fish, however really nice walks along the coastline - and you can also get the bus into Barcelona. Be aware though of what tour operators tell you about transfers, we expected a transfer time of just over an hour, it took 2 and that was going into Girona, however on the way back it took just over 30 minutes... be also aware of the catalan tourist tax which we knew nothing about until we had to pay on arrival at the hotel, it works out at about 1euro per person per day..

Room Tip: enquire about taxi transfer rather than the bus, it could save you time in the long run.... if you l...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bizzybee66

Dear Deborah,
Thanks for your comment on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciate your feedback; it will definitely help us to improve. We will take note of all your comments for future betterment.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is now our sixth time at this hotel. If any thing there is an improvement in the food department. There seems to be an even better salad and fruit and dessert selection. The soup and hot food island did not disappoint yet again. My thanks to the management and staff for making our holiday in this beautiful part of Catalonia so comfortable yet again. I am happy to say that your standards have definitely not fallen over the the years-well done.
Tossa itself is a delightful destination. It's beautiful,historic and welcoming and definitely not LLoret or Benidorm. It is visited for it's old town, castle, marvellous beaches,food,walks up the cliffs and in the hills in the surrounding countryside. Excellent and cheap bus services to Barcelona and Gerona and of course Lloret enable you get out and about.
So if you are a first timer to this part of Spain I heartily recommend this unpretentious,welcoming,comfortable,and well run hotel which is still excellent value for money.

Room Tip: high rooms overlooking pool numbers 444 to 437
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BUCEPHALES
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
Year after year we try to improve the service and the quality of the hotel. Thanks for appreciate it and recommend us.
Hopefully we will see you soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

hotel is very nice, staff helpful, and room cleaned every day with lovely towels, cannot find fault at all with that. Food ok, but im a veggie and don't eat much but did get by ok. Not much entertainment on an evening, but that could be the time of year. Tossa De Mar is a nice enough place but we wont be coming back, as there isn't much to do. We don't sit round the pool or on the beach so once you have gone to the castle a few times, done the market, gone on the boats and bus that's it really. I think teenagers would be very bored. Had a problem with the couple in the next room, hammering on the wall because we dared to speak after midnight, we were not loud, but he took offence, we should have asked to be moved, so our fault not the hotels, but you can hear everything, coughs, snoring etc. It was our wedding anniversary so this couple did spoil it slightly. So you older German do need to chill out a bit, and have some fun on holiday, and realise that you are not the quiet little mice you think you are !!

Room Tip: cannot really add a tip, as I would imagine all rooms are a bit noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure receive our guests feedback.
I regret the inconvenience that the noise in your room may have caused.
Hopefully we will see you next summer, during the high season there is plenty of activities to do in our hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

just got back from having stayed a week at the oasis. the hotel was spotless and the towels and rooms cleaned every day.. our room was small but was ok, we had a room over looking the balcony which was great...the food was good and plentiful.. tossa town and beach is only 10 minute walk away, its not a place for children as there isnt much to entertain them, if you want a peaceful holiday close to the town and beach i recommend this hotel and resort.. this is my 3rd holiday to tossa de mar, there is a lovely castle to visit and there are boats trips to resorts close by.. tossa is well known for not been high raised buildings. the weather was good at this time of year , we had a couple of showers but it didnt stop us doing anything, so all in all this was a great holiday..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan B

Dear Jan,
We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us. If you like Tossa I recommend you to check in our web site, different plans to do there and also other GHT Hotels in this location. You can also find the best promotions there.
Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been coming to Tossa de Mar since I was young, over 25 years ago and we keep returning to this hotel. Very good value for money as it's not cheap to get here due to lack of flights from the UK and the distance from Girona airport but the Oasis never fails to impress us. The only grumble I would have is I pay the same price for both of my children (ages 7 & 5) as I do for me. They obviously don't eat as much as me so I thought their prices would be a little lower. If they were we would come back more often during the year. Other that if I could afford to live in Tossa I would. Fab place....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tossademar2009

Dear loyal guest,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
What a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation.
We are very much looking forward to your next visit to Hotel Oasis Tossa.
I recommend you to check our web site, we have special promotions there and sometimes kids are free. ;)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed for a week with my wife and another couple - it was great !

The reception staff were really good and every other staff member we had contact with were helpful and friendly. The buffet meals were varied and plentiful - but you had to be selective and target the dishes that you couldn't go wrong with.

The rooms we had were excellent, really smart and spotlessly clean. Right - we go along with the
thin walls and costly safe hire it does take a little off the experience.

The location is quite peaceful and the beachfront is some 5/600 metres away - its quite an easy walk.

Entertainment was very poor - but we were approaching the end of the season. Many of the guests frequented nearby bars in the evening.

One gripe was the price of small bottles of water at the bar - probably the dearest in Tossa.

Room Tip: Higher floors pool facing were good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.
It is great to know that you had a good time and enjoyed our facilities and services. We feel very proud of the impression you had from the hotel
I hope you will decide to visit us again in the future and let us make your vacation experience as memorable as possible. Sincerely