Hotel Cap d'Or
Hotel Marina Tossa(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$44
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Tonet(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Free Internet
Hotel Diana(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$142
$110
  • Beachfront
Hotel Windsor(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$62
$201
$106
  • Breakfast included
Mar Blau Tossa Hotel(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Florida(Tossa de Mar)
$92
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
Golden Bahia de Tossa(Tossa de Mar)
$121
$99
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$266
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Delfin(Tossa de Mar)(Great Value!)
$65
$42
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townbreakfast is servedlovely hotelwalled towntapasthe location is perfectenjoyed our staysea frontparasols
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Loved the location of the place, just next to the Castle and facing the beach... It was a little difficult to find the place using the GPS! The staff was very sweet and helpful.. The rooms were small but very well kept..

If you have a sweet tooth like me, and you opt for a breakfast at the hotel, you are in for a treat :) :)

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to take the rooms facing the beach...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ShwetaSingh3012
revisar, Propietario at Hotel Cap d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear guest,

we are really happy you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and their breakfast with the home made cakes.

We hope you will came again in the very next future!!

Thank you again for choosing our small hotel for your hollidays.

Family Aragay

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed for two nights in Tossa at the Cap D'or hotel. We found the rooms clean and well decorated, and with good air conditioning- they had free wifi too! A buffet breakfast was included in the price and it included ham, cheeses, homemade yogurt and caked, fruit, and the best croissant I have ever had. Location was right along the beach and we had a beautiful view. Owners and staff were helpful, even giving us suggestions for where to go in Girona, our next destination. Well worth the price. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Smudge15
revisar, Propietario at Hotel Cap d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for your nice review.

We are very happy to know that you stay had been satisfied.

Also, my sister Anna and Sonia, one among the ladies staff, the persons who every day prepare the home made cakes and yogurt are so happy with your review. They spend some time every day to surprise the guests with new recipes and different flavours. Also, vegetarian people are very welcom to the hotel, (they make wonderful vegetables quiche).

We hope you visit us very soon to taste new dishes!

Thanks again.

Family Aragay

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked a room via email and the staff were very prompt with their correspondence. I was travelling alone but was booked for a double which is more expensive since the staff hadn't realized I would be alone. They were very fair and refunded my fee for the double and offered me the single room.
The double room was still offered to me and had a much nicer seaview but I opted for the smaller more affordable room which faced the pathway up into the wall. If I put my head out the window I could also see the see. There were a lot of bugs! (no screens seems to be the norm in spain!). I preferred to deal with the bugs to keep the windows open rather than use the A/C which is available.
The room was pretty bare bones. There is a safety deposit box which I liked. The noise in the morning was pretty audible as they set up for breakfast. The owners were helpful but the front desk does close at night and open at 8:30 or so therefore if you need to leave early/check out etc you should do it in the evening before you leave. I was very indecisive about my travel decisions and the staff were patient and flexible while I deliberated my next move. There is a night watch person there if you come home late but you have to knock on the hotel door to get in and have them let you in. It's called a Hostel which I think is appropriate because it has a bit of a barebones feel but in a very nice location with nice views (esp. the sea view rooms). I also found that in walking through the town, it would be cool to stay in one of the old buildings in the old city that isn't on the beach because the winding steps and streets have a very unique feel and seem worth being encaved in as well. If you absolutely love a seaview than I think it is probably a good deal though I don't know the prices of the other hotels in town. I chose it because it was Lonely Planet Top choice and I wasn't too picky and wanted to book ahead.

Room Tip: if you are solo you get a cheaper price if the single is available and the view of the wall is nice. If you want full seaview: make sure you request as it looks like there is another room that isn't.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank D B
revisar, Propietario at Hotel Cap d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Dara,

thank you for your review.

Although in your email you never mention what kind of room you nedeed or how many people you were, we are very happy to know that you could choose the room more apropiate for your needs.

We are very sorry about "mosquitos" and flies, but as you realized, we are close to the sea and also close to the garden castle where all that kind of insects are in paradise. We provided you something against the mosquitos and flies but in all mediterranian villages screens are never been used. As The Nationtal Geographic said, we are in "one of the best places to enjoy the coast view", and screens would be a crime. Mosquitos and flies belongs part of our wildlife.

On the other hand, the reception desk is open from 8am to 11 pm, ( during high season you can reach one member of the family staff also until midnight). After 11pm there is nightporter for security and also to prepare breakfast for guests which have early check out, ( breakfast is avaialble at any time under request), call taxi or whatever guests needed.

In Catalunya the category of accomodation depends on size and services. Here Hostal is not focus to young people as in the United States, (that kind of acomodation we call "Albergue juvenil). Is for that you can find, for exemple Hostal la Gavina that is one of the best acomodation in the Costa Brava.

Obviusly, we are not 5 star hotel and we never pretend to be it. We are very proud of our fisherman descendents. And althogh we don't have the category of luxury hotel we tried to provide guests the best services for our posibilitys.

Finally it was a pleasure to helped you in organize you trip around Tossa as you were little bit lost. We were sorry you finally decided to come back to BCN and lost the best spots of the Costa Brava.
We hope you visit us again in the very next future.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have returned to Cap d'Or for the second time in two years to find this family-run hotel equally as charming as on our first visit. The hotel provides everything noted by other reviewers: great location at the base of the old walled city, wonderful views from the guest rooms of the beach and the water, friendly and hospitable staff. This is a family-operated hotel, and it shows in the warm attention given to guests. Overall, a great little hotel in a wonderful little beach town within a short distance of Barcelona!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart D
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a very small hotel at the seaside just next to the fortress of tossa de mar.
small little rooms with a beautiful view... in the evening of course its load cause of the people who take a walk to the castle but then you are out aswell.
Breakfast is fabolous as you can enjoy outside by the sea..
its a nice family business and friendly poeple and very helpful.

hotel is good for short trips..or people who are out in the evening for long.. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo