“The hotel that was just as I looked for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa

Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
Modiin, Israel
“The hotel that was just as I looked for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is very clean and quite. My room was pretty big with a nice balcony. The breakfast was good enough for me: plenty and with a lot of fruits. The hotel is close to a beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay both in Tossa and in the hotel.

The things which are subject for improvement. I lacked vegetables in breakfast.
Another thing is NOT directly related to the hotel, but I think that reputation of any business is influenced to some extent by the reputation of its service providers. The hotel works with Olimpia car rental office. I had an unpleasant issue with this company when I ordered a car by a hotel's reception. I'd suggest to give an access to different car rental companies working in the Tossa's area as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gennady K
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was absolutelly delighted to read your review following your recent stay at Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa. We are happy you have passed a great stay between us.

Thank you for taking the time to do it and we are sorry about what happened with the rental car company. We give the opportunity to contact with several companies but is not our businnes. We will consider it for next time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Firstly, Tossa De Mar is a fantastic, beautiful place that I would highly recommend for people looking for a quieter, relaxing holiday.
The Gran Hotel Reymar was an enjoyable base for the holiday with a nice bar and view of it's gorgeous surroundings. The room itself was fine, no complaints whatsoever, the staff friendly enough, although it was not really geared for English visitors. Many German and French visitors who could communicate with the staff fine, but to be fair we struggled a little with only speaking English than other places we have visited. Not a biggie, but only a couple of English TV stations - both News channels so don't go there expecting to keep up to date with Eastenders of Corrie!!!
We were half board, choosing Breakfast - which has a fair choice and was tasty enough, and Dinner. The first night the food was good but went slightly downhill from there until the last day we decided to go out elsewhere. The food doesn't match the overall excellent standards of the hotel.
Would I go back? Definitely to Tossa, but would perhaps try another hotel. Quick tip also don't go on the landtrain if you don't want a bad back afterwards!!!! :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are delighted for the time you have spent to write this review and I want to thank you. In Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa always willing to improve and we take as benchmarks of review of our customers, since they help us to provide a better quality of our services.

But our challenge is to improve and strive every day more and better so that our customers can enjoy unforgettable holiday. I have passed on your words to our Staff.

On the other hand we keep your review about the meal and about the TV channels and I want to apoligize on behalf the manager for the things you don't like.

We like you will consider to lodge on Premier Gran Hotel Reymar next time you will visit Tossa de Mar.

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Hockley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel has the best position in tossa de mar. One downside is the cost of parking at the hotel. many thanks to manuel who told us where to park our hire car for free. the sea views from the dining room are wonderful. We booked a sea view room and were put on the top floor which was great. The room could do with a refurb but adequate for our 6 day stay. The best thing about this hotel is the waiter service at dinner. We booked half board and were very pleased with the food and service. The pool area is very nice with plenty of sun beds. Tossa de mar is a nice small place with lots of character and little back streets with lots of shops. As this hotel is not part of a package there are very few English people staying. However a good mix of French, Dutch, Spanish and German people made for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Worth the extra for a sea view room.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a charming review of your stay at Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa. We enjoyed reading your review, especially as you have summed up so succinctly all that makes the hotel so very special.

We are really pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer to you as the extensive breakfast buffet, the warmest of our staff, etc.
We have passed on your words to all the staff.

We will be delighted to welcome you back again to experience all the amenities the hotel and Tossa de Mar has to offer to you.

Kind Regards,

Cheltenham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review before, but feel like I should in this case as it was because of the reviews on Trip Advisor that I chose this hotel. We have just returned home from a 4 night stay here and although Tossa de Mar was lovely, the hotel left something to be desired.

The room was VERY basic, I mean more basic than a budget hotel. The room cost just shy of £140 a night and as this was the cheapest tariff, I wasn't expecting a beautiful view or even a bath robe. But at that price there were a few things I was expecting:
• to be able to make tea and coffee in my room
• to be able to charge my phone without a) having to charge it in the damp bathroom or b) having to hunt for a plug socket behind the mini bar fridge.
• to be able to use the indoor pool and spa area without having to pay 22€ for a treatment for its use for an hour.

The room was small, the decor was old and tired and looked like something out of the early 90's and the bed was small and hard. We had two singles pushed together to make a double.

Having said that, the room was clean and tidy, the pool area was nice and peaceful with plenty of sun beds and the breakfast was good.

We did have a great time in Tossa de Mar and I would recommend this little town to anyone - just not this hotel.

Either charge a bit less for the room (I don't mind a budget hotel standard for a budget hotel price) or if you insist on to charging more, make the rooms a bit nicer and all the facilities freely available.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sally_Twinkle1
Dear customer,

We are delighted for the time you have spent to write this review and I like to thank you.

Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa is a much appreciated hotel in Tossa appreciated by our regular customers who repeat consecutive years their stay, which we are proud of it. But our challenge is to improve and strive every day more and better so that our customers can enjoy unforgettable holiday. Our level of satisfaction of our customers guarantees (through imperative track customer surveys). Our meals are appreciated by all clients for its quality, variety and personal service at the table like a luxury hotel.

I like to expline you that from last year we started to renovate the hotel, we start to renovate 2 floors of Sea view rooms, reception areas, on extra lift, an adaptation for handicapped person etc, ..and we will procede with the renovation the following year. I would like to apologize if you didn't find all you have expected.

Reymar Premier Gran Hotel has a privileged location in Tossa, opposite the beach and fence Platja de la Mar Menuda and near the commercial and service area of Tossa de Mar. We are a traditional hotel and year after year we continuously carried out extensive maintenance in order to please our customers.

On the other hand I like to invite you to contact with us directly next time you will like to visit Tossa the mar and we will do the best to give you one of our best rooms.

Faithfully, best regards,

Sales Manager
Cork Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here last week and were very happy with our choice. Upon arrival we were upgraded to one of the garden suites, with a beautiful sea view. Hotel was in ideal location in Tossa, not in the centre but only a 2 minute walk to get to the centre. We only had breakfast which was OK. Typical hotel breakfast, the only issue I would have with the breakfast was, the hot food were not on hot plates. Also the pool side menu was a bit limited. Pool and surrounding area was excellent also. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, Would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

We are delighted for the time you have spent to write this kind review and I want to thank you.
We are very happy you have spent a nice stay between us.

In Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa always willing to improve and we take as benchmarks of review of our customers, and after these reviews we do the best to offer better quality of our services. On the other hand I like to apologize for the services which they haven't been as you expected. We will supervise it with the department.

Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa is a much appreciated hotel in Tossa by our regular customers who repeat consecutive years their stay, which we are proud of it. And we hope you will be one of them.

Our challenge is to improve and strive every day more and better so that our customers can enjoy unforgettable holiday.

We hope to see you in Premier Gran Hotel Reymar next time you will visit Tossa de Mar.

Faithfully best regards,
Perpignan, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We just got back from a five nights break at Gran Hotel Reymar and I can't compliment it enough. We live in Perpignan and come to Costa Brava several times a year but Reymar and Tossa in general have totally exceeded our expectations. From the moment we checked in until the sad moment we had to leave everything was perfect. While booking, we already got a very good deal for a sea view room with half-board but on top of that we were given a free upgrade to a suite which is actually an apartment: a seperate bedroom with a king size bed (with proper big mattress and it was one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in apart from home), a living room, a bathroom with a jacuzzi bath, two terraces, one with a sea view and another with a garden view and a space which is meant as a kitchen (with a sink, mini bar etc.) but not yet totally finished - everything was brand new and I think small additions are to be made (a kettle to make tea maybe?). There was a TV set in every room (we never put it on - who cares about TV with views like that?), three wardrobes (I will bring more clothes next time), automatic blinds to make your sleep even better and to keep your room cool in the heat… While the decor wasn't really for my taste it was still ok and the space and light made up to it. Everything was spotlessly clean.
The food at the restaurant was fantastic: I normally don't go for food inclusive holidays as I am a gourmet and very critical of food offered in hotels but the deal was cheaper than booking a room without lunch/dinner so I thought that we don't have to eat there all the time anyway… it was so good we didn't feel like going out - in fact I had to drag my husband out of the hotel to experience something else (check my reviews of other restaurants in Tossa). I still can't believe they manage to perform at this level given the amount of clients (most of them on half of full board, I would imagine) - there is a 4 corse meal served every time with a choice of 3 different options for each course and each one is delicious and we never had to wait, the service was so fast. The bar is fantastic too. If you are not on full board I really recommend for tapas the Tapas del Mar around the corner from the hotel - it's excellent.
It was mentioned in other reviews that Reymar has the best views - it's totally the case. Most importantly, the staff is probably one of the best we ever came across through our travelling around the world: everybody without exception is friendly and really cares to make your experience the best possible.
Being in the same line of business myself I wish I could meet the managers/owners to congratulate them on their success - they have the "staff" who actually care about their guests - which is the most important thing, as the view, the rooms and the food are nothing without people behind it making sure it's special for you.
The last but surely not the least: the SPA! It's a different concept to what one is used to (you have to pay for the access and the space (hammam, sauna and the pool) is rather small, but if you are after good massage and treatments… this is one of the most advanced spas I've ever come across. Loli and her team are totally amazing. Ask for Georgina if you are French, Natalia if you require assistance in Russian. Ladies, take my word for it: my husband didn't notice when I died my hair red few years ago but he did notice when I had a facial at this Spa.
All together - thank you so much, Reymar hotel, - we will be back as soon as we can!

2 Thank Motienko
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Madam,

We are delighted for the time you have spent to write this kind and extensive review appreciating our hotel. In Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa always willing to improve and we take as benchmarks of review of our customers, since they help us to provide a better quality of our services. I like to thank you on behalf the General Manager and on behalf the Owners.
I have passed on your words to the all the hotel's Staff and they are very happy to listen it.

Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa is a much appreciated hotel in Tossa appreciated by our regular customers who repeat consecutive years their stay, which we are proud of it. But our challenge is to improve and strive every day more and better so that our customers can enjoy unforgettable holiday. Our level of satisfaction of our customers guarantees (through imperative track customer surveys). As you have said in your review, our meals are appreciated by all clients for its quality, variety and personal service at the table like a luxury hotel.

About the renovation, I can explain you that from last year, we start to renovate some rooms completely and other areas of the hotel such as another extra bar in the swimming-pool, the reception, and additional lift to adaptate the hotel for handicapped person etc.

In the other hand I'm really happy you have appreciated the treatments in the Spa and your husband realise of it.

I hope to welcome you again in Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, it will be a pleasure.

Faithfully, best regards,

Hampshire,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

As last year, this 4 star hotel gives all the service and quality of a 5. Obviously the best position in town but doesn't just trade on that. A lot seems to have been said about the unwelcoming reception and I must say this was most certainly not our experience. Receptionist Olivia, super helpful porter Aaron and everyone else we encountered were all you would wish in a holiday hotel.
We were fortunate to get a top floor room again, better views, less noise and recently refurbished.
Breakfast was a good offering but didn't try the restaurant for dinner.
The restaurants in town come in all styles and quality, we preferred to avoid the front-line ones.
We are already considering a third visit to the Gran Reymar, it is everything we love in a coastal hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views, but all are good
1 Thank Camera-Clicker
Dear Madam,

I like also to thank you to repeat your stay between us. Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa is a much appreciated hotel in Tossa by our regular customers who repeat consecutive years their stay, which we are proud of it.
But our challenge is to improve and strive every day more and better so that our customers can enjoy unforgettable holiday. I have passed on your words to our Staff, specially to Olivia & Aroon.
We will be very happy to wellcome you in Premier Gran Hotel Reymar on your third visit to Tossa de Mar.

Best wishes,

Hotel Mar Menuda
Hotel Mar Menuda
#25 of 43 in Tossa de Mar
3.5 of 5 stars 184 reviews

Been to Premier Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa? Share your experiences!