“Good for lunch”

Ranked #22 of 197 Restaurants in Tossa de Mar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2018

Coming out of season; a lot of places here are closed, but Maritim was still open.

Very good shared paella. Probably the best we've had in Tossa. Overall a good place to come for lunch. Service was a little slow but friendly.

We'd be happy to come here again.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Among the many options great service, a bit pricey but very good fresh fish, according to legend the father of the current owner s is an avid fisherman and brings fresh fiah when succesful. Had wonderful Cimb i tomb, great mussels and a very enjoyable meal. Is a bit in the pricey side, the advantage is you get seating.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

This restaurant had been a gastronomic reference in Tossa for me during many years. I alwaysbhad to find a day to visit it and never gotndisappointed. After three years of absence I came again and asked a reference local dish. The result was really disappointing. I was misinformed about the kind of fish used. Being a mixture of them, with a not very suitable addition of salted cod, the texturenof the difderent fish was not the right, whereas the cod was too raw, the other white and thinner fidh were clearly overcooked. I mentioned this fact on site and my observations were received with a lot of respect, inducating the high quality of the most experienced staff there. I was informed that the cuisine team had changed. I do only hope that this was the result of a bad day and I may go back to enjoy as m6ch as I usually did in the past.

1  Thank Anna D
Reviewed August 6, 2018

the place is ok dont expect too much and you will be happy, we had the scallop carpaccio which was not very good, then the prawns and a grilled fish... the prawns were good, grilled fish was a bit under cooked with some blood in the middle.

1  Thank TaherKG
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant seems to be trying a bit too hard with some unusual stuff on the menu. Between us we had Iberian gyoza, cod cornets, a scallop and veal starter and the paella marinere. Most of the food was very salty, which seems common in this part of the world, but the ingredients were good quality. The bread we asked for wasn’t brought until we reminded them halfway through the paella, and it came in the form of dry crusty rolls. We then saw that every other table had Catalan bread with tomatoes, plus other dishes which weren’t on our menu. I feel like we were treated differently because we were tourists. This place had been recommended as a good place for our last holiday meal and overall we were disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018