“Really good paella”

Ranked #28 of 197 Restaurants in Tossa de Mar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family business since 1983...
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a really good paella and the fact that I am really demanding about paella quality, this one passed the standard. Fishermans paella. Prices are moderate and it is good quality for the value.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank mrziganasic

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Really impressed with this place ... so much so we ate there twice for lunch. The best paella I've ever had, good service, reasonably priced and full of locals / Spaniards at lunch time. Also lovely views of the sea from the outside tables ... highly recommended

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

As first timers to Spain, Catalonia and Tossa, this restaurant was perfect for our first dinner after a long flight from Australia. For service, value for money and taste, I would score this restaurant very highly. We walked in jetlagged with no advanced reservation and we were welcomed and seated immediately. Our orders were taken promptly and our drinks brought to our table quickly as we perused the food menu. And what a menu! So glad we checked out Trip Advisor beforehand and had this place on our radar. We had grilled turbot and half a rabbit with chips, both came in good time and boy, they were delicious. We’ve had turbot in many other European restaurants before as this is my husband’s favourite fish and I can honestly say that what we had in this restaurant ranks among the best of them. The skin was crispy and melt-in -your mouth, the flesh underneath was soft and tasty. My grilled rabbit was the best I’ve had in a long time, the meat was surprisingly tender (I joked that this one must have lived a sedentary life!). Needless to say, we polished our plate clean. The servings were quite generous and we were a bit tired so we decided to skip dessert vowing to make a return visit. Our bill at €63 was quite reasonable for 3 people: 2x turbot, 1/2 rabbit, chips, San Miguel beer. Nice staff – friendly and polite – a great intro to Catalonian hospitality.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018

We saliled from Santa Susanna with Dovi Jet Boats which was an excellent experience. Tossa de Mar is a beautiful litte town with a great soul. We had a lunch at this restaurant, great tapas with beautiful scenery.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

On the first day of our holiday we decided to go to a seaside restaurant with a superb view.
We've been studying several menus and we've decided to go to the Minerva Restaurante for setting up the menu of the day. Food was not tasty, we waited a lot, and our expectations did not come true. Salmon had a horrible seal, fat-cooked potatoes, and garlic sauce was almost impossible to eat. The surprise of the day was when I asked for the note. For 2 menus of the day we had to pay 34 euros. We had many cents and paid the note with banknotes and coins. I have calculated the amount twice before I make a note. Over 2 minutes came the waiter, who took advantage of the fact that we do not know the Spanish language and told us that 2 euros are missing. Money he has not counted before us. He took those 2 euros in disgust and he lied to us. They are bad liars. I do not recommend anyone to eat and spend time in this restaurant, you will just lose your nerves and money because at the end you will be lying.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Irina G
Raul M, Gerente at Restaurant Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Irina, we regret your bad experience. Matizar two things, the menu is worth 17'50 and the terrace service is worth € 0.50, that's why your account lacked 2 € ... we do not lie, I regret the second part of his opinion wanting to defame when he has it was a mistake of his.
even so we accept his first part of the opinion, not the second.