“Disappointing.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Visited this restaurant recently and was not entirely satisfied with the food or the service we received. The door man coaxed us in offering children free drinks and dessert (the childrens menu otherwise had only a main course) but once inside we found the service to be quite indifferent. We ordered the mussels for starters and they were very good but the main courses were unfortunately not. I had the pork tenderloin in a cheese sauce and my husband the pangrilled steak in a pepper sauce - both were served with only chips and the sauces were terrible. For dessert we had icecream with a chocolate sauce which was OK but not homemade. As for doormans promises - seems like there is no communication between staff as the waiter told us no we had to pay for drinks and dessert for them. We paid 17 euros per person and the kids main was 7.50 euros with no drink or icecream. Unfortunately service was not very friendly and we felt a bit rushed as they came quickly with each course. Location is great but I wish we had checked out the other restaurants first before deciding.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Probably the worst Paella that I've ever been offered, two mussels, three shrimps and gluey rice. Wine list was overpriced and the service was arrogant, you felt they were doing you a favour letting you eat in their restaurant

Reviewed August 21, 2010

We ordered the menu of the day as it was really good value - €17pp for a starter, main course, dessert and 1/4 wine / sangria. If you love seafood you won't be disappointed! I chose the mussels for my starter and I got a massive bowl heaped full of them - heaven!! Mixed Paella for the main course and the creme Catalan was delicious for dessert. I'd definitely recommend choosing the menu of the day as ordering from the main menu is a bit pricey (but worth it for the quality!)

Reviewed July 6, 2009

It was a very warm night in June and the restaurant was very quiet so we decided to give it a try - to eat in style and also people watch.
We were not that hungry so avoided the €17 menu and just had a mix of light plates.
Fish soup (served in an upside down bowler hat),grilled green asparagus, local salad and a creme catalan dessert washed down with house wine and fizzy water.
Not cheap at €49, the dishes were €10 each, but a nice evening.
The al la carte menu is not cheap but the menu would be good vale for such a stylish place with the prime position in Tossa opposite the gates to the Castle.

2  Thank val-leasowe
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Can't complain about the food, very good considering we'd gone with the limited choice €16.00 menu. This included a choice of starters, main courses, sweets, wine & water. Good value we thought. When the bill arrived we'd been charged €25.00 per person plus wine and water. When I questioned the waitress she apologised for the overcharge but said as we'd asked for still water she'd taken it we meant bottled water and this was not included. I could be doing them an injustice but as a previous review points out they've been in business for over 20 years. You think they'd be able to get the bill right.

2  Thank Airbourneuk