“Excellent food and environment!”

Restaurant Can Pini
Ranked #9 of 179 Restaurants in Tossa de Mar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The food was delicious! We ordered a paella, and it was really good (I'm used to more dry rice, but nonetheless it was amazing!). The main dish there is the fish in salt, but I realized that far in the game. The wine selection is very good, and more importantly, the service was amazing. We were personally received by the owner, who was very attentive and kind to us. They even gave us a post-cafe liquor on the house! The desserts "crema catalana" was amazing! If you are in Tossa de Mar, it is a must!

1  Thank yoda21

Reviewed June 9, 2012

After reading reviews before we visited Tossa for a few nights, we had this down as our number one visit. We opted for the 18.50 euro menus, my wife starting with the salad with tomatoes, goats cheese and honey, whilst I opted for the tagliatelli with baby squid and Iberian ham which was superb and quite filling.Mains were the fillet of fish for my wife and the entrecote steak 'on hot stone' for me.Both dishes were served with just a baked potato and some asparagus.The fish was very good, but a complaint was that it should have been served on a warm plate.The steak was one of the best I have tasted, coming just seared on all sides and served on a hot stone.The meat was sliced as I went along and cooked perfectly to my taste, right to the end.Superb ! Desserts were simple, but lacked nothing in taste. The wine list was adequate and not over-priced.
We were in Tossa for 3 nights and intended eating somewhere different each night, but we went back here on the last night. My wife changed her main course to a cheese and pear ravioli, which was superb, whilst I could just not resist the steak again.
I have read that the meat, specifically pork, can be dry done this way, but in fairness you are in charge of the cooking, and steak is a much better option anyway to cook this way.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

we have eaten at this restaurant for the past 3 years and it is very good value for money with exellent set menu's with a large choice good sea food and a good possition overlooking the beach, try the baby fried squids they are wonderful

2  Thank gazvandy
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Never expected that you can be treated in restaurant of that kind like in a cheep pizza place. After having a great dinner in Braseria Pini Pizzeria which is related to this restaurant we decided to try this place. It was 22.30 after walking around the old town we came across Can Pini and decided to stop for a glass of wine with something small as we already had dinner at the above mentioned place and it was already late. the menu did not impress us much so we stopped just on wine with deserts. An elderly man came to take the order and after we asked for a bottle of wine and deserts he said that "This is a place to eat, not to drink". So he was upset that we didn't order the whole dinner (at 22.30! when most of the restaurants close at 23.00). Are you kidding me? We didn't take the last table to have french fries at 7 or 8 at night when it is really busy!
Never experienced such disgrace and disrespect ever even when asking for a cup of coffee at the top class restaurant. It was clear enough that customers are considered here only like a pocket of money who need to order FOOD and spend MONEY, service? - who invented such a stupid word? So this is what happens in a 'nice looking place'. Shame, shame, shame

4  Thank Nata555
Reviewed September 16, 2009

This is in one of the best positions in Tossa, next to Sa Murella and the entrance to the Vila Vella and it has prices to match.
Not as aggressive in trying to tempt you in as others on the strip, especially Can Carlus-they really put you off.
Very busy lunchtimes at weekends with day trippers going for the menu and if sitting outside in the evening it is good for watching the world go by.
Starters at €6-10 and main courses at €14-25 make it a “special occasion” if you eat off the A La Carte so most diners, including us, chose the menu el dia at €15.
Mussels and a Catalan salad to start and a decent paella for the main course and ice cream and a flan to finish.
Bill to include a bottle of local wine, water and a beer was €51.20 so you are paying for the position.

Can Pini does have decent food and service but nothing special and you could eat better food at a restaurant with sea views for a lot less.

3  Thank Silverswimmer