“Vicius?????????”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am sorry, but I must disagree with the other reviewers here --- Perhaps we hit this place on a bad night, but the food was not good -- the service was terrible and the prices were totally out of line for what you got -- would choose "Stop 3" or "Oh Jamie" or that small restaraunt acros from Parque de Reis on the corner (Frango someting -- great little place) anyday of the week over Vicius, unless it is just a prestige thing for some !!!!

1  Thank Fla-Boy
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Vicius

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We came across Vicius whilst wandering around looking for somewhere to eat , what a wonderful place it is , the food was excellent the service second to none . The ambiance and decor is by far the best in town as is the food. The staff were very good with our two children as well.
We ate there twice more during our two week holiday and we are looking forward to taking friends there when we return in February.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant is cute and has a homey feeling to it. The service is very friendly. The food is at is best good, but could be better and tastier.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited this restaurant after reading TA reviews. I would rate the food between higher end of average to very good. Two visits made.Had lobster tapas & Tuna special as a starters 1st time both super.
Mains Codfish cooked in the oven and Veal medallions. Cod very good Veal mediocre. 2nd visit again had lobster tapas as starters, both really good. For mains my wife wanted to try the baked codfish as it had been good for me on our first visit so we both had it again. It was disappointing as it contained a lot of bones and was not the best cooked. Also I suspect the green vegetables were frozen. The potatoes were good.The service given was excellent & very friendly. The restaurant has unique internal decor with super Portuguese atmosphere like someones home. Very intimate and suitable for couples looking for something a bit special. Not the usual run of the mill tourist restaurant. Our first visit we sat outside on one of the few street tables which was nice on a warm evening. As it was a bit chilly the second occasion we decided to sit inside and it was full except for two very small tables.Advisable to book I think at weekends as a number of guests appeared to be doing this.Would I go again, probably, but it would not be at the top of my list for the food but overall a pleasant restaurant.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ate here whilst on holiday. Excellent service and food better than most in Monte Gordo if a little expensive! Worth a visit just for the decor!