“Better than expected based on other reviews”

Best Western Fagerborg Hotel A/S
Best Western Fagerborg Hotel A/S
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lillestrom
Kirkkonummi Southern Finland, Finland
“Better than expected based on other reviews”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed two nights from tuesday to thursday and had a room at top (4.) floor. My experience of the hotel was that the reception was very friendly and warm, room, bed and bathroom were very comfortable and clean and everything was functioning properly. Also, it was very quiet although more than half of ther rooms were booked.

The hotel is quite old, but reasonably well kept, and during my visit they were renovating something donwstairs. Not trying to hide the age and tradition is a bonus for me. Even the (obviously original) elevator felt cozy. I really don't like staying in standard business hotels where I can't recognize where I am when waking up, always in exactly similar conditions.

Breakfast was good enough and selection clearly better than mentioned in some of the previous reviews.

Room Tip: The last room towards north-east in top floor (room 407) is isolated without any wall neighbours. Th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikko J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tonsberg, Norway
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed for a few nights here in october 2013. This hotel could definetely use some upgrades. But this could be looked over. However the breakfast is less than interesting with only bread and a small selection of spreads. And if you go there during a weekend expect a lot of noise from the downstairs disco and pub. I also had my car parked at the hotel parking lot and someone kicked in the door during the night, resulting in a huge bill from the repair shop.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the pub as possible during the weekend.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lillestrom hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is my 5th night. I was to stay one more but I can't take it. Don't get me wrong the Front Desk staff are fantastic, as are the restaurant staff, but the rest is not acceptable.

Here goes my tail of woe:

Day One: Can I have some tissues?
Day Two: I am still waiting for the tissues. No, I would prefer not to use toilet paper. And, I seem to be missing my shirt. (I ended up finding it under the bed covers)
Day Three: Can I have the shampoo dispenser refilled in the shower?
Day Four: Can I have the shampoo dispenser refilled in the shower? Yes, I know I asked yesterday. Oh, and I have to sit on a towel when I am at the desk chair because my clothes stick to it? (By the way I am still sitting on the towel as I write this).
Day Five at 7:50am: Can you please put some more scrambled eggs in the heater trays please? Oh, why not? It's not even 8am. What's that? You don't understand English anymore? Huh...funny about that.

I'm not sure what other reviewers found good about Lillestrom. It's a long way out of Oslo with nothing much to recommend itself. I was here for work. I can't take this anymore. Tomorrow I am changing hotels.

It's too late for me - save yourselves. Great front desk. Friendly restaurant. Good dinner chef. But until they get their housekeeping in order and the breakfast team sorted, just move on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night... The hotel itself is ok. Very outdated furnishing, rooms were ok, beds ok. The tv in our room was a horrible and cheap tv with bad sound. Kind staff, but few parking spots, so we had to park in a street nearby. Breakfast was bad...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Checked in about 2200 and was greeted by pleasant receptionist.

Room not bad . But very dusty and needed a bit of a update. Shower good .

Had a comfy double bed ..

Nice view over looking the Main Street and church .

Due to Norways extreme alcohol laws one night had a small tin of Pilsner beer from the hotels mini bar and cost me about £7....

Breakfast was a bit of a let
down. Every morning varied as one morning there was fish then next morning there wasn't. Then next morning no bread rolls . And one morning had no scrambled egg . Not much of a selection . And the coffee was Luke warm every morning.

At £110 per night I was a bit
disappointed with the best western hotel chain. Have stayed in lots of them all over Europe but this one was a bit of a let down.

• Stayed July 2013
Alpine, Utah
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times while on business in Norway. As long as they don't have any parties going on in the bar it's a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cmickelsen
Surnadal
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The restaurant and pub is good, small breakfast, outdated rooms. It's a good place if you just need a bed.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lillestrom
Sentrum
Best Western Karl Johan Hotell
Best Western LetoHallen Hotel
#10 of 14 in Gardermoen
Thon Hotel Arena
#1 of 5 in Lillestrom
Quality Hotel Olavsgaard
#1 of 7 in Skedsmo Municipality

Been to Best Western Fagerborg Hotel A/S? Share your experiences!