Njord - Seakayak and Wilderness Adventure Day Tours
Review Highlights
Great DIY Cruise Shore Excursionkayak co

Our cruise ship was in Flam for about 8 hours. We reserved 2 kayaks for 4 people. Our friendly... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2018
Vickie B
Austin, Texas
Amazing Kayaking Experience

Kayaking in Aurlandsfjorden with Njord was an amazing experience. We did the 3 hour tour. Marta... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2018
AdamM4453

All reviews wet suits sea kayaking viking burial dry bags great kayaking day trip hour paddle short hike experience level change of clothes boat house explained everything great guide these guys local history safety briefing meeting point
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and my parents and I went on this kayaking/hike. It was amazing and our instructor was great. She was Finland but very knowledgeable about the area. We were of different skill levels and she was very patient with everyone on the tour. We had amazing weather, but regardless seeing the fjords from this view was fab. Half way through we hiked up to a waterfall and then hiked down and kayaked back. It was a great trip. Thanks for the experience Njord! The pick up location was a bit difficult to find, but just ask anyone and they can tell you the way.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my third time kayaking ever and I will highly recommend anyone to take the introduction/safety/rescue course before entering the fjords on your own. Njord has a great staff with good teacher's that gives you all the information and basic skills you'll need for a safe trip on the fjords. I had a great day in Flam learning a lot. Thanks!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A great kayak excursion on the fjord! Good guide, just enough (not too much) time spent on security instructions and basic kayaking technique before heading out on the water, good pace, and good hike to a beautiful waterfall. Expensive, but worth every penny!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had never been kayaking before, and am fortunate to say I got my first experience in Flam. It was well worth every cent paid! Very peaceful and calm trip with knowledgable & friendly guides! A definite must for anyone visiting the area!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our experience on our recent kayaking trip was nothing like several other reviewers reported. Our party of 6 had a wonderful paddle on The Old King's Path Tour. My 5 year old grandson was well prepared for this trip by the guides who spent 40 minutes with all of us on safety and exit drills to make everyone feel comfortable before getting on the water. This tour is suitable for all ages and experience levels. We had a wonderful mix of people on this trip including those from the U.S., England and Japan. Our guides, Solla, Wilhelm and Ervin spoke very good English and were very helpful and friendly. The paddle was not too strenuous getting to the landing for the hike to the waterfall via the Old King's Path. Wilhelm treated us to the history of the path and a colorful story of a Troll that likes to hide behind waterfalls and snatch unsuspecting children that get too close. The trail is steep but if you take your time it can be tackled by most. In our group, several opted to stay at the beach with Solla. Make sure you pack a snack or sack lunch and bring water. The weather was warmer than I expected but on this morning it was a little misty and a light fog was hugging the water. It looked like a typical fjord picture with everything except the Viking ships. We had a wonderful time. When we returned, Ervin offered to drive us back to the hostel to pick up our luggage and take us to the dock to catch our ferry to continue on Norway in a Nutshell. This tour is a perfect fit for those on Norway in a Nutshell if you are spending the night in Flam. This is a 4 hour tour. I would highly recommend this tour if you want a slower pace to enjoy the beauty of the fjords.

2  Thank Catsbic