OK.. Firstly.. Right from the off I have to say that, overall, I didn't like this hotel..
What the hotel is, is a concrete block of fairly basic, functional, serviceable rooms with the services/facilities to operate them..
The location is back of airport and there is plenty of industry in the immediate area, it's not a particularly inviting approach..
I found my room (and corridor) to be a little dated and a bit gloomy (I arrived in the dark, and left in the dark, and even with all the lights on it looked gloomy).. Furniture was a little old and mixed and the bed was a little lumpen.. I think the photos on the Best Western site make the rooms look more inviting than they are..
I also, like one of my fellow reviewers, found the hotel to be noisy..
I didn't use the (small) bar, nor the breakfast room (I left for an early flight)..
I did use the restaurant, but note two points..
- One.. service was pleasant enough but dreadfully slow.. nearly 2 hours for a starter and main.. not acceptable.. I think my order was misplaced as there was a lot of running about when I enquired where my food was..
- Two.. It is not owned by the hotel and you need to settle up separately (at least as far as I could ascertain)..
Staff seemed pleasant enough..
I paid 60 euros for the night.. and I feel that this was too much considering this rate is about average for an Ibis rate elsewhere in Europe..
There are alternatives.. Next time at Bologna airport, I will use one..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms merge functionality and comfort, and are all equipped with desk and balcony and if you prefer, upon booking you may require a non-smoking room.Other features you will find in your room include: Air conditioning and temperature control, Telephon, Satellite TV, Free Wi-Fi connectionFax/modem socket, Mini-bar, Alarm clock, Hair-dryer,Pets are always welcome. Hotel Meeting also offers a congress centre with 12 fully equipped rooms of varying sizes, capable of seating from 10 to 240 guests, as well as a restaurant and American bar to meet all your catering requirements.All of this is strategically located, just 4 km/2.5 miles from Bologna’s airport and 9 km/5.6 miles from the city centre.Upon arriving you will immediately notice signs of our top-notch hospitality and efficiency: a large parking area and a private garage, a room prepared up to the last detail with free wi-fi connection and a buffet breakfast ready for you as early as 5:00 am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Meeting Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Calderara Di Reno
- Calderara Di Reno Best Western
- Meeting Hotel Province Of Bologna/Calderara Di Reno, Italy