“I guess this is an example of "you gets what you pay for.."..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meeting Hotel

and 1 more site!
Meeting Hotel
Manchester
“I guess this is an example of "you gets what you pay for.."..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

OK.. Firstly.. Right from the off I have to say that, overall, I didn't like this hotel..

What the hotel is, is a concrete block of fairly basic, functional, serviceable rooms with the services/facilities to operate them..

The location is back of airport and there is plenty of industry in the immediate area, it's not a particularly inviting approach..

I found my room (and corridor) to be a little dated and a bit gloomy (I arrived in the dark, and left in the dark, and even with all the lights on it looked gloomy).. Furniture was a little old and mixed and the bed was a little lumpen.. I think the photos on the Best Western site make the rooms look more inviting than they are..

I also, like one of my fellow reviewers, found the hotel to be noisy..

I didn't use the (small) bar, nor the breakfast room (I left for an early flight)..

I did use the restaurant, but note two points..

- One.. service was pleasant enough but dreadfully slow.. nearly 2 hours for a starter and main.. not acceptable.. I think my order was misplaced as there was a lot of running about when I enquired where my food was..

- Two.. It is not owned by the hotel and you need to settle up separately (at least as far as I could ascertain)..

Staff seemed pleasant enough..

I paid 60 euros for the night.. and I feel that this was too much considering this rate is about average for an Ibis rate elsewhere in Europe..

There are alternatives.. Next time at Bologna airport, I will use one..

• Stayed September 2008
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nord di Milano
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2008

I been there 2 nights and will never go back, first of all its expencieve for what it gives ! hotel nearby cost the same but are much much better. Its a noisy hotel close to the airport and to a street where tracks run all night, its dirty and full of "noisy" customers I would not suggest it to anybody!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business

Flyon Hotel
#67 of 104 in Bologna
Amadeus Hotel
#44 of 104 in Bologna

Been to Meeting Hotel? Share your experiences!