All reviewsbeautiful locationsaunamountainsstreampoolsgardenardeche
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Just attended the most glorious Ghanaian/ French wedding in the beautiful grounds of this family run hotel. I have stayed in many hotels across the world but the staff here are some of the most attentive and gracious people I have come across. Nothing was to much for them.
Theodore & Laurence are two of the shining stars amongst many.
I had a lovely clean room with a balcony & wifi.
A choice of two pools or a river to swim!! A play area for the little ones.
The peace and tranquility of the hotel means I will be there again for a holiday with my family. Easy drive from Lyon 1hr:20mins well worth it.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
jean A, Propriétaire at Best Western La Gentilhommiere, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Hello,
Thank you for your very nice comments; we are happy you appeciate this wedding and hope we will see you again for another occasion.
Jean

Reviewed September 2, 2016

The whole experience was of charming, helpful and hands-on owners,excellent meals, friendly efficient staff, lovely surroundings, a comfortable room with balcony, drinks on the terrace by the lovely hotel park, swimming in the inside and outside pools,good walks(and cycling) nearby: a perfect holiday experience.
Rustic exterior but modern internally. Local roads not a problem at all; about 1.5 hours from centre of Lyon, less from Valence.

Room Tip: Room with balcony a good idea
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
jean A, Propriétaire at Best Western La Gentilhommiere, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Regards.
Jean ASTIC

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Just arriving in the hotel with my family and my week end is starting very badly.

- The baby bed that we ordered isn't set up and is not available (without notice)

- there is no boiler in the room whereas I need to prepare a bottle for my kid so I called the reception and got explained that I can't have a boiler! Seriously? No boiler? No coffee machine??? Even a 1 star hotel provides this to anybody!

- the kitchenette closets were closed with a locker so I ask for the key and the receptionist explained me that it was normal because I was staying a week end and not a week so the kitchenette (including the ustensils) isn't included... You have to be kidding me! So at the end, the kitchenette advertised on the brochure is just a big lie!

A bit more:
- the entrance light was broken
- no wifi signal in our room
- the table was dirty

That's already too much whereas I arrived less than 2h ago!

If it wouldn't be prepaid I would have run away, so don't make the same mistake than me and book somewhere else!
L

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Jean-michael D
jean A, Propriétaire at Best Western La Gentilhommiere, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you for your comments which will improve our hotel we have been owning for nearly 100 years.
People who will read your comments must know that the kitchenette is never mentionned in any advert on the web because when we provide the kitchenette it'is only in self catering and we don't sell this product on the web. Sorry, but your are lying too, you could'nt know that there was a kitchenette in your room.
The reception proposed you and gave you everything you needed for your baby (hot water, bed, micro wave) as soon you asked.
You lie because your room was not prepaid (you just gave us your credit card number and we never charge before the departure, to leave the customer the possibility to cancel if he does not like the product) and you had the possibility to run away.
The truth is that you came specially for a wedding in the area.
We hope you enjoyed the wedding you were invited to.
Regards .

Reviewed September 23, 2015

We are travelling for 1 month all Best Western Hotels, and on my way to Beaunne France I needed an overnight hotel near Valence France, Best Western Reservation offer me this hotel which is supposed to be 19 miles northwest of Valence France.....

It took us 2 hours of mountain driving and winding roads to arrive to the hotel, and when we finally got there, the front desk Reception agent or owner was not very welcoming, and after all that driving thru the mountains to get to his hotel, he should be more welcoming and friendly....

The next morning when we asked for directions, we were given very vague instructions and went the wrong way for 1 extra hour, and our check out was not very friendly either..

The room was very nice, mattress probably the best we had in 30 days, but it needs a friendlier attitude to people that drive thru mountains to get to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ANYOLMEDO
Le-chef A, Propriétaire at Best Western La Gentilhommiere, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Good morning,

I apologize for not given us 100% satisfaction.
Naturaly i am quite welcoming, but you were so bad tempered when you arrive ( because of the roads) that i do understand that what ever i said you were not in capacity to listen to me .
at the check out i give you proper instructions to get the motor way easily , as i use to do , perhaps because you have no meal and no breakfast you were still bad tempered... i did my best i can't do more .
Next time keep your way by the motor way, roads of the deep france are not done for you .

Regards.

Reviewed December 6, 2014

I have now had two lovely trips to this hotel and enjoyed my stay both in the summer and winter, each for a long weekend. The staff are fantastic; being family run this hotel exudes a warm and friendly atmosphere. All are keen to help and kindly encourage my poor French. The rooms each have their own individual charm and are spacious and clean with all the amenities you could need. In particular I thoroughly enjoyed the pool and walks around the grounds and surrounding areas. I very much look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends