“Wonderful dining, bad experience with other customer”

Kafe & Restaurant Arthur
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Viborg
Cuisines: French, Danish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food is above average, good presentation and elegant. Taste is average. Over-all dining experience above average. Tip: dress code smart casual.
It is one of the first restaurants we tried. I am not yet quite acquainted with the Jutland culture, so everything I experience was perceived as true to all. I was seated behind another table, behind another chair from that table, so my chair was back to back with another chair that was empty at the time. A couple came in and took that table, I was quite busy talking with my friend when I felt a palm just pushing me to move from a 50+ old man, not once but thrice or so. I was surprised, never have I experienced that before....not even a word saying "Excuse me Sir, can you pls move to make a space for me?" Is this how Jutland people act in public? I have been to many places around the world, even to poor places on earth but never have I experienced that until that moment. Eventually the couple went out because of some issue with the menu. What an idiot!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is probably one of the only decent restaurants in Viborg where your other choices are mostly in the Pizza/Kebab category. Surprisingly they had a fantastic chef, and a cheerful staff that were happy to make sure we had a fantastic evening at there little restaurant.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went here for lunch, tapas to be more specifik. We had the spanish tapas menu, which consisted of four different courses, and everything was very delicius. The staff was very well knowing about the meal, and very helpful and nice. Especially the girl was very welcoming.
A restaurant we keep returning to over and over again.

1  Thank Bastianmis
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times, and have chosen tapas of various sorts. I prefer the fish one, my husband the meat, but there are many variations on a theme of tapas here. The different dishes available and the choice of tapas are always very original, and tasty. However, this time my husband had an Arthurs Burger, with chicken and bacon, and gave it his seal of approval. The wine was French chardonnay and very gluggable, there is always good bread to start with. As we sat at a table for 4, we saw at least 3 sets of people turned away who just arrived without booking, and this a weekday lunchtime at the end of March – booking advised! We ourselves were turned away 3 times before finally managing to eat there. It is also a popular place to meet friends for coffee. Well recommended.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Arthur's has been a favourite all the time we've been in Viborg. Dinner is expensive but worth every penny - the chef is extremely talented. Lunch is much cheaper but again excellent food. Can't recommend this restaurant enough!