Giving this holiday centre 3 out of 5 "stars" does not mean that it is an average place - but the place have some really good and some really bad experiences.
First the great experiences:
- The location literally one footstep from the beautiful sand dunes gives you the most easy access to beautiful nature experiences. Experience the sunset in North Sea from the top of a sand dune or the beach below. Walk miles and miles on the soft sandy beach. Though we stayed here on some fantastic summer days with warm sun and calm sea, there was always a lot of space for everyone.
- At summertime you will find the sand sculpture exhibition right opposite of the resort. Though we have seen bigger exhibition in Portugal it is amazing what the artists are able to build out of sand.
- The location at the end of the main (and in reality only..) street of Søndervig gives you the best access to restaurants, cafés and shops and several leisure activities, especially for children.
- Søndervig seem to be completely "dedicated" to families. This must be the last place to go for a romantic vacation - but though Søndervig is a small place, it has quite a lot to offer families with smaller children.
- A good (not great) experience was the indoor waterpark. Recommendable for families with smaller children. Our sons (7 and 10 years old) got quite fast bored but it is O. The waterslide is long but veeeeery slow and safe for even the smallest children. The jacuzzi was always full. The "grill" serves OK unhealthy childrenfriendly fast food.
The bad experiences:
- The apartment was really in need of renovation. The kitchen, the bathroom, the door, the carpet in the hall: It all seemed to be from when they build this centre in 1976 (according to their web-site). We have experience from several Danland centers and this is the most "tired looking" place we have been to. Though we knew it was not renovated for the last years, we did not think it would be this bad. I planned to add some photos, but I suppose you understand. If you do not care about this, it is no problem.
- When we arrived the bad sight of the apartment was topped with a disgusting smell. It disappeared after a couple of days, but the first night it in fact disturbed the sleep.
- The walls between apartments is not thick enough to make you not share the sound of what your neighbor is doing on the toilet when you have just gone to bed.
- If renovated the apartments is well planned to cater a family.
Whether you should choose Danland Søndervig or not depends on how well you can ignore or do not care about the needs of renovation and are a family with small children. The surroundings is the biggest asset.