All reviews very nice hotel single night course dinner bread next morning main course high standard great breakfast air condition an overnight stay rooms are clean comwell selection strand sea pillows scandinavian
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I stayed for a week whilst attended a sports tournament in the town. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Koge, near open countryside and a short walk from the beach. It looks a nice modern hotel but there are many shortcomings.
I must say that I stayed during the hottest week on record however that was no excuse for the discomfort. The room was stifling, no air-conditioning, one window that could only be opened an inch and not even a fan. It was like sleeping in a sauna.
There are no wardrobes or even cupboards in the rooms, just a couple of hooks on the wall and two hangers. This means you have to live out of your suitcase, or just throw things on the floor.
There is no mini bar/fridge so that once everything is shut, which is pretty early, you can drink water and that's it. Tea and coffee if you're lucky, since these were not replenished until I went to reception to ask for more.
The bar shuts at 11.00 promptly, irrespective of how many people are there it just closes with no warning and there are no other facilities available. Whilst on this subject, all bars and restaurants in koge seem to close around 10.00, be warned if you arrive late as we did......nothing to eat or drink...anywhere and the hotel were not about to help.
All in all it was very disappointing, the staff, whilst friendly, did nothing about the lack of fans, food, or drink. I won't be going back

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank athleticpete
Reviewed July 24, 2018

The Comwell is a perfectly fine hotel, I have to admit I was given a superior view room amd it is excellent. New bathroom, comfy bed and great views.

The reception staff and bar staff are excellent and I have been impressed by their friendliness.

However!

My room is like a furnace and I’m now head for my 3rd night in 5 here without more than 2 hours sleep each night.
I appreciate is unusually hot but the rooms have no AC, if you leave a window or door open then you get attacked by mosquitoes so you have to shut everything.

Why not put a fan into each room? They cost about £20 and would make life bearable for the guests.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2018

As a first stopover on a trip to Germany we stranded in Koege and Comwell Koege Strand. You can not wish a better stopover as we found. Nice clean room with all that You need and a good restaurant with very tasteful food. Can recommend this place not only as a stopover, it is worth a journey for its own.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I hosted a 2 day international conference at Comwell Køge.
I can recommend it as conference hotel as meeting facilities, technical and hostess support, reception, dinner and bar works really well.
Location at the sea is excellent in the summertime.
Improvement is that the rooms facing the parking lot and road was either very hot with closed doors/windows or noisy with open doors/windows.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Lovely hotel, set just outside the main town so not exactly near everything you would want, rooms are clean and tidy and very white, table nowhere near a plug socket small gripe with that but not enough to really be a criticism.

Meal was the steak and it was cooked very nicely good selection of whiskies behind the bar and Gabrielle, did a fatalistic job looking after us for the evening.

Breakfast on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment, not exactly sure what was on offer was a bit of a mix of all things i would not usually have for breakfast, maybe a cultural thing so again i'm not going to kick to hard

Stayed: May 2018