Hotel Restaurant L'Auberge
$148
$144
Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, Spa(Spa)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$167
$161
La Villa des Fleurs(Spa)(Great Value!)
$148
Hotel La Reine(Spa)(Great Value!)
$108
Hotels.com
La Tonnellerie(Spa)(Great Value!)
$119
$378
$68
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel last week with a baby.
Spa is not a city to visit with very small children, it is charming but quite small and the pavements are not really meant for smooth buggy rides.
The Peter de Great Spa is under renovation and looks like it will be under wraps for a year at least.
I have mixed feelings about the Best Western hotel.
Nice:
The best restaurant I have seen in a Best Western hotel to date. The staff were good and although on day 1 were cautious, gradually became friendlier over the days. Service in the restaurant was efficient and the food was quite good , except for the French fries/potato fries.
The location is just opposite the famous Thermes spa and the Tourism office and is in the city centre(Place du Monument).
Our suite on the first floor had a travel babybed and the towels were changed everyday.
Needs to be improved:
The breakfast choice was very limited and exactly the same every single day. Croissants and half boiled egg, some ham, cheese slices, 3 sorts of breads, and uncut fruit, with the mandatory cornflakes.
Housekeeping seemed to have their own agenda when to use a vacuum or just wipe the floor and when to change the bed sheets and what should be done with the used cutlery was a mystery since every thing would be washed but nothing from the bar would be taken away which is one floor down.
Unexpected:
The hotel has no separate lobby. The restaurant entrance is the entry into the hotel.
The lift does not stop on the first floor where we stayed.
There is no airconditioning in the room. There are two windows that provide sufficient ventilation on a breezy day. The window facing on to the street ensures that the room is not sound proof when left open, which we did thanks to the balmy evenings.
I did not really mind the sounds, since our baby happily babbles away at this stage, but just so interested readers know, that a hotel situated at a corner have to put up with more noise thanks to the traffic turning into/out of the street.
The price : I have found Best Western Hotels rooms are priced at mid range.
This hotel charges higher mid range but the facilities are not on par with what the room price.
I don’t know if the Radisson Blu on the opposite side was cheaper, but they are situated a little away from the main thoroughfare and it may be quieter in there.
I have not stayed in a more expensive Best Western hotel than this.
I had not expected more than what I got at this Hotel but the price is too high.

Room Tip: Need a lift, then dont accept a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lizabetNL
Reviewed August 3, 2011

o Review below is of restaurant ONLY. I have eaten here very enjoyably on several occasions, but have never stayed at the hotel.
o On the hotel, renovation was underway last time I went by, which may improve facilities previous reviewers found inadequate.
o Foodwise, traditional seasonal Belgian cuisine, well presented, at fair prices. Try asparagus or game in season, croquettes de crevettes (shrimp croquettes, a Belgian favourite).
o Seasonal specials and good-value fixed-price menus worth considering. Read the blackboard as you go by.
o The kind of place locals go to for Sunday lunch. I've seen elderly regulars enjoying their lunch alone and being well looked after by the staff.
o Traditional decor, lots of shiny brass and mirrors, with smartly attired staff to match.
o Pleasant, comfortable place for coffee with newspapers outside mealtimes if weather is poor; or for breakfast if that is not included/not interesting at your own hotel.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed at the L'Auberge Hotel over the Christmas Hols and I've got to firstly say that the location is superb, right next to the the Monument in the centre of the lovely town of Spa. We were greeted by the guy on reception who said that we could not park on the street and needed to go to the Tourism Office and buy a European Parking Permit for around 7EUR - 8EUR...we proceeded to the the office to be told that this pass would only allow us to park for upto 2hrs...the Hotel man never mentioned this even though it was quite obvious we wanted to stay longer than 2hrs as we were staying overnight in his hotel, I then tried to park a short walk away and proceeded to get my car stuck in the snow !! After getting a push out of teh snow, I went back to the hotel for some advice on the "Parking Situation" and was told by the same guy that they had Private Hotel Parking in a garage down the road...this was never mentioned earlier which I found incredible as it had just wasted a good hour of my day. Onto the room, well it was certainly not what you would expect from a Best Western Hotel and the room was cramped, with a tiny TV perched about 10 feet in the air and nothing else in there apart from the bed. I've got to say that the hotel and breakfast area was clean but that and the location really were the only plus with this hotel. Lovely town though, especially all dressed up for Christmas and with the snow as well... a picture postcard!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We were surprised to find that the rooms were not in the hotel but in the annex which was not connected to the hotel. The electric power in the anex were not working and it was impossible to get to our rooms as we could not see and the lift didn't work. We had to return to the hotel to complain and it was partially fixed but the lights on the floor were our rooms were remained in the dark throughout our stay even though we had requested to the hotel to fix them as it was unsafe with the stairs being very close .
The rooms stunk of tabacco smoke .
The breakfast was poor .
We could not get into the restaurant on the Saturday night as it was fully booked and no help was offered to suggest an aaalternative for our group.
In total not a good experience in a sub standard hotel. We were very diappointed as we usually find Best Western excellent. The location is eexcellent but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank felicitypeter
Reviewed July 4, 2010

the hotel is centrally located in the middle of the city,surrounded by bars and restaurants.our room was clean and had all we needed in it,although i struggled to sleep as our room overlooked the main road through the city.the continental breakfast was nice and there was plenty of it.
its only about ten minutes to Spa track and is opposite the Thermes,a nice experience but at £15 for a swim i dont think we'd do it again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends