“Wonderful food and location, location, location”

Sittella Winery and Cafe Restaurant
Reserve with
Sittella Winery and Cafe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Herne Hill
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury, Wiltshire
“Wonderful food and location, location, location”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Visited during a very busy weekend, and we were lucky to get a table for our large family party.
Sittella catered for all tastes, and the young members of the party were particularly well looked after.
Popular choices with the adults were winemaker's plate and the scallops; beef, chicken and salmon; strawberry basket and cheese. Not one issue with presentation, quality, temperature or size of portion.
This is my second visit to Sittella. The cellar door area is great, and it was fun to taste the wines in advance of ordering food, to make some great pairings. It is in a beautiful location, which makes our visit an even more memorable experience. Top of my list for a revisit when next in Perth.

• Visited April 2013

Australia
“Worst meal in the Swan Valley”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Friday lunch. What a disappointment. Ordered the salmon rare and it came nearly burned! On a bed of mash potato that was simply boiled potato smashed flat. Lumpy and cold. Veggies were almost non existent and also overlooked.

Took ages to be able to catch a waitress' eye to order. They basically put their heads down and hoped you didn't call them. When asked how the meal was (my companion had well don't chicken too) we told them. The only response was 'I'll tell the chef' even though I said it was indelible.

Very disappointing

• Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
“A touch disappointing today”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have visited Sittella several times and I am always impressed by the quality of food provided and the service; today the edge was just not there. My kangaroo was cooked to perfection and the veges were great, but the cheesecake tasted less delicious than is generally the case and the presentation was not up the normal high standard.

• Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Scenic Sittella”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to lunch at two wineries in Swan valley on our recent trip to Perth.The first one we tried was Sittella which is up the Great Northern Highway and off Barrett street. The cellar door was a small affair so we didn't linger long before heading for the restaurant. There's outside seating at the covered terrace and fortunately it was a sunny day ( we were plagued by showers and storms during our our five-day stay ) as it's the only way to enjoy the lovely landscape surrounding the winery. We didn't get the prime tables next to the railings with the best views ( I guess you have to book ahead first ) but we still had a decently located table on the terrace. I thoroughly enjoyed my Roast Pumpkin, feta and shallot tart (with marjoram roasted salad and pumpkin marmalade) whilst my wife had oysters. Nothing from the dessert menu caught our eyes but I was tempted into ordering one of the Sittella Fortifieds- Liquer Verdelho to try only because the menu claimed it was - "brought straight to your table from the barrel ". The verdict? - bring out the barrel because it was really rich and smooth. Service was friendly and efficient and all in all, it was an enjoyable lunch in a casual setting with a view.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sengch
Perth, Australia
“A Real Treat”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked into the cafe with a party of eight to celebrate our wedding. Service was excellent. As was their choice of menu selection. Top quality food, wine with generous servings. We were given a complimentary bottle of their sparkling Chenin to celebrate. Many thanks Sittella we will be back.

• Visited May 2013