“A very pleasant experience!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Lion Inn

Red Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Todwick B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant experience!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having previously taken advantage of an Old English Inn offer,I thought "Yea,let's give it a go" I'm so glad we did!! O.K.,there were one or two things which were not perfect,e.g.sealant round bath discoloured,but these did not detract from a most enjoyable 2 night stay.All staff without exception were most helpful and courteous,the room was clean,bed was comfortable and the food was hot and good.Thanks for great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Red Lion Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback, we will of course pass this on to the team. We do hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
sheffield
Reviewed April 1, 2013

3 of us had a meal - total inc a drink each was £42.00 - I expected it to be much much better, the lamb shank although very tender was very small, steaks requested as medium rare were both well done, mixed grill was a poor selection, no-one asked if we'd enjoyed our meal so missed an opportunity for feedback - had to ask for the table to be cleaned as they were serving the food - dont bother trying this one there are so many others to choose from

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank margaretmSheffield

Travelers are raving about these Todwick hotels

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I though we would try the Red Lion Inn at Todwick, as it looks good from the outside. once inside the light are so dim, you have a job to read the Menu.. I think that is so you cannot see the filth on the tables.. candle wax all over,, dirt between the slats in the tables... I ordered fish and chips.. the fish arrive and still had the skin on under the batter was so full of bones most of it got wasted and the peas were cold, when I complained all I got was "Do you want another fish ".. not another one like that.. I would never recommend eating there as the prices are high and the food is of poor quality.. Not for for human consumption.. Highly NOT recommended ...This is the first time that I have felt the need to complain about poor food anywhere ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Brian S
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Red Lion Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that on this occasion we did not deliver to our usual high standards & can assure you that if you visit again we be back to that level. Once again thanks for taking the time to feedback to us.
Sheffield
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at the Red Lion on Friday 22nd March and only paid £35 for the both of us including breakfast. The breakfast choice was good and both my husband and I really enjoyed it and the staff were very friendly. The room and bed was a good size and the linen was clean however there were a few things that needed attention. The paint work in the bathroom was very tired and yellow rather than white, the shower had undergone some remedial work which was very shoddy. Having said all that I stayed in a 4 star hotel in January and paid more than double what we paid for the Red Lion and the room at the Red Lion was better.

1 Thank mrssjj
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely location, good pub food and bar. Let down by the well used bedrooms and bathrooms. The rooms need a full refurbishment as they are very tired and bathroom has black mould on the grout and mastic. Shame because it was reasonably clean, but you can't get rid of mould!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jezabel1969
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Red Lion Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take on board all that you have said. We are in the process of employing a handy man to fix the cosmetic issues you have raised. We will also pass on your positive comments about the location, food & bar to the team.
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First of all I will say that I have read lots of comments on trip advisor, but have never written any until now. I booked two nights for my partner and I Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd March simply wanted two nights away and to have a few days out visiting Bakewell Matlock etc.
Got room with breakfast for £28 per night, bargain!!!!.

I am not someone who makes a fuss or complains, especially after price I paid.

Staff were polite friendly and welcoming.

The hotel was filthy dirty. We stayed in room 22. Carpet filthy with dirt, stains and mould, no way had it been hoovered prior to us taking on the room, that wouldnt have got rid of the stains in any case. Looked like someone had opened a can of fizzy drink and it had splashed up the wall next to the bedroom window. Thick cobwebs along the coving above bathroom door, how would a cleaner miss that. Thick mould along the bath, the inside of the bathroom door had three holes in it, I can only guess that it had been punched. The tv on the wall had not seen a duster or any polish in a very long time that also go's for the remote control.

The whole hotel had a general feeling of un cleanliness, and it most certainly needs a complete make over I would suggest that it needed this a couple of years ago

I am not going to write any more except to say that we did not stay a second night and checked out the following morning. I was expecting the receptionist to ask if everything was ok and if there was a particular reason for checking out early, I would have been happy to give polite constructive feedback, but was never asked. I do not have O.C.D.

If the manager of this hotel happens to read these comments, then take a look in room 22 and I would be interesting in hearing your comments

IF I was offered a free weekend at this place I would not take it.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is to say "Dont stay there"
5 Thank Michael J
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Red Lion Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments, it is good to hear that the staff were polite, friendly and welcoming, but I am sorry room 22 fell short on housekeeping, which has now been sorted.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The bathroom, mould all around the bath. New shower curtain was needed. The quilt was not large enough for the size of the bed. The curtains were hung with the minimum curtain rings. In the bar area the tables were very shabby, same in the restaurant. Breakfast was minimalistic. The sausages looked like they had been sat under a grill forever. I was not asked if anymore tea was required. We were asked if everything was ok when we had finished breakfast.

Definitely give this place a miss.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, from the outside this place looks nice but it is ready for a full refurbishment.
5 Thank NSBruce
Thank you for your feedback, from your stay with us, your points are all being worked on, I have spoken to the housekeeping team about issues, which have been sorted, I also take on board your view that we need a refurbishment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Todwick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Aston Hall Hotel
#7 of 15 in Rotherham
Hellaby Hall Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby

Been to Red Lion Inn? Share your experiences!