“Great Holiday!!!”

Redcastle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
“Great Holiday!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 5 nights at the beautiful Redcastle!! What a week to come up here, weather fab which made the scenary around the hotel even more stunning. Our family room was great, with my 2 sons having their own room with tv/dvd. The breakfast was fab and bar food good. The only fault was the heat of the rooms, i understand it was 25 degrees outside but these rooms really need air con - the hotel provided us with a fan though. The kids loved the pool, overall a great stay and would definately recommend to friends and family!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and apologies for the heat in the rooms. It was extremely warm the week you stayed with us but we are looking into air con facilities to try and avoid this disruption in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed 4 nights b+b from 18 july 14
The Good
all food
location (sea view)
grounds
staff
The Bad
Wedding Receptions (can be very noisey into small hours nite)
Although on sea shore view across lough beautiful the immediate area around hotel to waters
edge would need to be cleared / cleaned. amazing management have not put any effort into
this eye sore
A general face lift on hotel and spa would be a welcome change (internal)
Sleep quality 7/10 (bed comfort)
No comfortable outside seating (all either stone or wood)
as above in spa few plastic seats
Will consider another stay but after reviewing all above.

Room Tip: top floor overlooking lough you will have a lovely view with less noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thomas554
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback on your stay. The areas close to and around the water’s edge were partly destroyed during the bad storms last year. The hotel invested considerable in the restoration of the shoreline and shorefront directly in front of and to the side of the hotel. We certainly do take all of your comments on board and I hope you will return to the hotel in the future

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I normally love going to this hotel I think it was my 5th stay from November I was super excited as it was break without the kids when booking I asked for a suite with a balcony I previously had a balcony room and loved it so decided I would try the suite with balcony or so I thought the room I got was a suite but no balcony the windows had not been cleaned in a long time they were very dirty but room lovely just not what I thought I was getting I phoned reception and explained with me being a smoker I asked for a balcony to save me running out the front of hotel well the hotel was fully booked and the only 1 they had was an extra 100 euro I was so disappointed as I had already paid 358 euro for 2 nights so we left it only to realise our room was a connecting room and a family with small children moved in so back onto reception which moved us to another 1 bedroom suite with no adjoining room (the male recptionist this time wwas morw helpful) a member of the cleaning staff came before we moved and told us we had to carry our robes with us to other room obviously I just left them as I had my luggage to carry she was a bit forward telling us but I just left that as normally the staff bend over backwards for you here!! had dinner as part of deal which as always was exceptional and breakfast nice but I will be going else where for my next mini break as I feel they didn't try and resolve this unless I was willing to pay more money

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dani2916
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and also for your continued custom. I am sorry to read that your stay was disturbed and that your room booking was not correct. We do value all of our customers and we especially like to ensure that our returning guest’s requests are met. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would appreciate if you could contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding so fair warning I spent more time in the bar than my room. The hotel is first class, extremely professional well trained staff, immaculately clean and it has wonderful views. I would love to visit again to enjoy the property and play golf.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Many thanks for sending us your lovely feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your day at the wedding and we hope to welcome you back soon again so you can enjoy a more relaxed experience with us.

Belfast
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived at Redcastle in early July for a couple of days and I have to say it was the nicest breaks I've had for a while.
The surroundings and the weather made the stay so much enjoyable.
Upon arriving to the hotel earlier than expected, we checked in with a lovely guy Liam, he kindly took our luggage & had this delivered to the room while we were having lunch. We received a call from Liam about 20 minutes later to notify that our room was available. (Lovely touch & very professional!!) we got to our room and it was a decent size, it wasn't a seaview but we took advantage of the terrace outside which overlooked the Lough Foyle! Amazing view!!

We ate in the restaurant on of the evenings, it was very busy and the staff were very pleasant. Our server Cathal was friendly and nothing was no bother for him. The food was good, although the timing / delay of arrival of the food could of been a bit better but the wine helped!!

The spa pool was great and very relaxing. Unfortunately I didn't get any treatments as they were booked up, my own fault as I didn't pre book! (Next time!)

The hotel is on a great spot as moville has a lovely shore walk with little shops etc to break the day.

Only negative would be the rooms were like a sauna! Very hot!! I supposed it can't be helped with the weather.

A great stay and pleasant staff including the 2 guys mentioned. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed July 2014
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to send us such lovely feedback. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and had time to relax in the leisure centre. You will definitely have to book into the spa on your next visit for the overall relaxation experience!

Warm Regards and Many Thanks
Redcastle Customer Team
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Checked in Friday 18th July after 3pm. Travelled with a friend who is 5 months pregnant, on arrival no help what so ever with luggage. Reception staff friendly and informative on arrival. On inspection of room: front car park view, small room, old fashioned, bed side lockers and table dusty, sockets unable to reach due to bed side lockers covering sockets, bathroom very small comprising of a bath and shower In one. We also noticed silver fish bugs on tiles of bathroom.
Decided on Friday evening to get some food in Captains Bar. Not a lot to choose from on menu! Bar was infested with flies due to air con not working as told to us by bar staff who we're using fans at bar. Faeces on toilet bowl, and foul smelling. Meal was nice but pricey. On departing captains bar night porter closed door in our face and continued to lift when he pushed with a trolley of bottled water and left us standing. Not great customer service, I'm sure he could have let us proceed first to lift. When reaching 2nd floor the water trolley was obstructed at the hallway door - not cohering to health and safety precautions - blocking a main fire exit.
Wedding reception taking place on Friday, by 3 am very noisy at front of hotel. Having to keep a window open due to no air con, not helping an asthmatic or a pregnant woman.
Breakfast average, food cold, bacon hard, scrambled eggs saturated in water. Service quick and pleasant waiting staff. Toaster faulty burning both sides of toast, waitress informed. Toast arrived toasted on just one side.
Inclusive of our stay a 3 course meal in the Edge Restaurant - satisfactory meal. Although yet again battling to deter the flies - due to windows, doors and smoking area entrances being left open.
Went to smoking area, started raining, waiter made comment whilst emptying ashtrays that it was starting to rain at this stage I was trying to assemble parasol in which waiter did not attempt to ask if we needed some assistance but instead continued to make his way back inside.
3-4am woken by laughing and members of the wedding party returning to their rooms loudly. Very thin walls as was able to hear them in lift.
As a night porters duty I would have thought this would have been attended but yet again another restless night.
Informed reception staff in morning how disappointed we were on hotel and couldn't wait to get back home.
Spoke to manager with our concerns. Advised us that they cannot control flies in hotel and it was due to muggy weather and they are just everywhere and this would be out of their control. I'm sure measures could be made ie. electronic fly deterants which we often see in most restaurants or attempting to fix their air con.
Lifts also were infested with flies In all four corners of the lift.
Manager made no attempt in anyway to reimburse us and we were basically told that this is a wedding venue - so this is acceptable basically and other residents arent catered for. Waitering staff also witnessed certain residents at breakfast being loud and using bad language not caring about families with young children who were also present in the dining room.
Very disappointed with stay and shall not be back. Considering the cost of our stay was expensive we expected more from a 4star hotel. Very sad as it is a lovely part of the country.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank melmadness
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I have reviewed our management log and consulted with the manager that you dealt last weekend. Please find below a response to your points.

• We are happy to assist any guest with their luggage if they request it.
• I have passed your comments regarding your bedroom to our accommodation team and we will certainly look into all the points raised
• Our bar menu offers 18 main courses and 27 dishes in total. We receive tremendous feedback on our bar food and selection, I am sorry you felt the choice was less than satisfactory
• The air conditioning was out of service for a brief period and I am sorry this inconvenienced you while dining in the bar, due to the humidity there were flies present throughout the hotel. Happily this was not an ‘infestation’ .
• The toilets adjacent to the bar are checked hourly and a notice advising guest of this is present in each toilet.
• The porter did enter the lift before you, he requested that he may continue transporting the goods ahead of you as it was large load and difficult to manoeuvre. You kindly agreed to allow the porter to continue on ahead of you. This exchange was captured on CCTV and I can confirm that the porter did not close the door in your face.
• The trolley was taken to the second floor where two staff members unloaded the water bottles. The trolley was fully supervised for the 6 minutes it was present in the hallway and it was not in any way obstructing a fire exit
• Our night staff carry out regular patrols of the hotel and guests that are causing a disturbance are asked to reduce noise.
• Again I am sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast, the hotel was fully occupied last weekend and we received no other complaints of this nature.
• The restaurant does not have any windows that open and the only door leading into the restaurant from the outside directly is an emergency exit which was not open during meal service.

You did meet with our manager on duty and you raised several but not all of the points above. The manager asked that you allow her time to fully investigate your complaint and that she would return to you on Thursday 24th July. You agreed to this. Unfortunately you have not allowed us to look in to your complaints and you have also made no reference to this agreement in your review

Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I were given a gift voucher for 2 nights B&B & 1 evening meal. We decided to upgrade to a room with a sea view, which was lovely. We had a lovely three course meal in the Edge Restaurant. Our table was right at the window. Each morning we had a swim in the indoor pool before going for breakfast, which was really lovely and again we had a table at the window with a sea view both mornings. The only down side with the sea view room is that it was just above the function room/outside smoking area so on the second night we couldn't sleep because there was a wedding party on. If I was going again I would check if there was a function on any of the nights before I would pay 30 euros extra for a sea view room! We ate in the Captains Bar in the hotel on the second evening and again we had a really lovely meal. All the staff were very attentive. There are plenty of areas for sitting inside or outside. I would definitely go back

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are amazing but you do pay an extra 30 euros per night. However they are on t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank florence8v28
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope you will return very soon. We do apologise for the noise you experienced and hope this will not discourage you from staying again

Redcastle Customer Care team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#2 of 4 in Buncrana
Ballyliffin TownHouse
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!