At the outset, I didn't stay in this hotel, but simply dropped in for morning coffee last week while in Redcastle village. It has breathtaking views of Lough Foyle and county Derry in the distance, but it could do with a facelift inside and out.
The external paintwork overlooking Lough Foyle obviously gets a hammering from the salt air, but this is all the more reason to paint regularly - something that isn't been done now.
I note too that a couple of reviewers mentioned the dark interior. This is an 'Irish' phenomenon and can be seen in many hotels, particularly across Ulster.
Staff were very nice and it really has the potential to be a top-class hotel, drawing people to one of the most picturesque parts of Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you at the four star Redcastle Oceanfront, Golf & Spa Hotel. With a magical waterfront location, overlooking Lough Foyle on the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal, it’s the perfect getaway for a short break or family holiday at home.Set among mature woodland with 93 guest rooms including suites and family rooms and sea view rooms, our own 9-hole parkland golf course and exclusive Thalasso Spa, the Resort oozes charm, style and warm hospitality. Our Waters Edge Restaurant is appropriately named with breathtaking views across Lough Foyle and a menu that features the finest local seafood and fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Redcastle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcastle Hotel Donegal
- Carlton Redcastle Hotel And Thalasso
- Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Hotel Redcastle
- Donegal Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Moville
- Redcastle Hotel Moville, County Donegal, Ireland