“Super Hotel”
Review of Redcastle Hotel

Redcastle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Reviewed May 10, 2014

my wife and I stayed 2 nights, first class from start to finish, super hotel, brilliant location, staff so friendly has to be up there as one of the best hotels that we have stayed in. Breakfast was superb as was the evening dinners. Right by the edge of the water, when sitting in the dinning room having breakfast you would think you were on a cruise ship as you look out over the water.
We would definitely go back and would highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: would book a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,977)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Love this hotel, from the location overlooking the swilly, to the comfortable of the rooms, friendliness of the staff who are excellent and the amazing spa. I stayed overnight with friends of mine, we availed of the food, overnight stay and the spa, all amazing! well worth a visit

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return again very soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was recommended this hotel by a friend, who has stayed in the Redcastle many times. I can be rather fussy where I stay as I regard cleanliness very highly on my list!! This hotel was fine to stay in albeit the rooms are quite warm which of course is better than freezing cold! Had to open the balcony doors and windows as there is no air con.
Food in Captains Bar really good, breakfast also great....everything nice and fresh.
The staff are very pleasant and helpful. Local people in Moville village are so friendly. Went to Kinnego Bay beach...breathtaking.worth a visit!!
Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms over boiler room sooooo hot!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Poppydot99

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We got an upgrade for free and basically had a suite - massive room with lovely amenities!
Staff was very friendly, view superb and I loved the gym. The pool - wow. It's amazing and if you are staying at the hotel, you need to check it out.
Breakfast wasn't all that great - very basic.
Only downside is that some rooms don't get Internet connection and you need to go somewhere else in the hotel.
What I loved though was the little sofas throughout the hotel to lounge on.
Just a note - while this hotel is on the beach, it's not a beach for walking, sadly.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Hela7
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the leisure facilities. Unfortunately, due to our location it is sometimes difficult to get a strong internet connection in the bedrooms, but as you mentioned there are plenty of little sofas round the hotel for you to relax in and enjoy wifi access. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon again

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Got a very good deal for this hotel so wasn't expecting much . How wrong I was this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
The staff were amazing ,the food was good and the location heaven.
If you are looking a peaceful few days this is the hotel .

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Keep an eye on our website for future offers!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here with my partner(who was visiting from Australia), I wanted to showcase the beauty of Ireland to him & this hotel really delivered.
Absolutely loved the location of the hotel & the little village of Moville. Its a beautiful part of Ireland.

The dinner, breakfast & drinks were very good. I loved the room was very comfortable & big.

I had a deals voucher from an online website so I wasn't expecting the hotel to be as lovely as it was. I would most definitely retrun if I'm back in Ireland.

Room Tip: All round excellent stay!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for sending us your lovely comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return again very soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Good Friday, we got a great online deal: 1 night b&b, 2 course meal, glass of champers and a €20 spa voucher all for £99. It really was an amazing deal as the room was much bigger than I had expected and the meal for lovely. Unfortunately we where not offered the bubbly or the spa voucher, I wasn't going to use the Spa voucher anyway but the champers would have been nice. We found all the staff to be very friendly, relaxed and welcoming, especially in the restaurant. The breakfast was perfect!They offered very tasty cooked items and a good range of breads and cereals. All in all we had a wonderful time and would certainly come back to stay in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derrydiner2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we apologise that you did not receive your spa voucher and glass of bubbly, I will certainly make the management team aware of this. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa
#8 of 13 in Derry
The Harbour Inn
The Harbour Inn
#2 of 4 in Buncrana

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!