“Wedding trip.. Will definitely be back..”
Review of Redcastle Hotel

Redcastle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
“Wedding trip.. Will definitely be back..”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was a brilliant day from start to finish. No waiting around, plenty of staff on. The wedding dinner was out of this world, hot, tasty, and plenty of it. Beautiful setting. And beautiful rooms. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your day and thank you for recommending our hotel. I hope you will return to visit soon again
Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Ireland
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Booked this hotel to spend a few nights in after a day out sightseeing in Derry with the intention of seeing a bit of the inishowen peninsula while we were there and the location worked out well for both places.
The hotel is in a nice setting amidst a 9 hole golf course and on the waters edge. There's a nice decked area overlooking the water where you can have a drink. The general foyer and bar are otherwise a bit muddled up and sprawling so there's not much atmosphere. There was no music on so late at night an option is to gatecrash a wedding, as there seem to be plenty on ( we personally didn't do it, but a friend of mine did on another occasion)
The breakfast could do better. Too many people rushing about. Tea/coffee/ toast was brought to the table on one of the days but if it's busy ie post wedding, they seem to leave out those large vat's of tea etc and you have to make your own toast. Not good therefore as a four star.
The restaurant itself has a great view and the evening meal we had there was nice, not brilliant but ok. They also do bar snacks which are better for the kids. Plenty of vending machines for choc treats too.
The gym was fairly good. If I'm fussy I could say that the treadmills are a bit worn and therefore slippy underfoot and the TV's are in a stupid position which makes running and watching tricky but hey I only went there for a wee 3mile run to counterbalance the vending machines ;)
The kids loved both the pool and the kids club which was managed well by two lovely girls.
We had a suite interconnecting with a double via a small seating area / living room. It was good for us 2+3. Comfy bed. Not too hot in the room for sleeping.
Would I go back? Not as a couple but as a base with the kids, maybe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel for your family break. We appreciate your comments and I will certainly ensure that these comments are passed on to our management team If you would like to discuss any of these details further please do contact us directly on feedback@redcastlehotel.com Thank you once again
ballymena
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 3days last week. We had a great time nothing was to much trouble for the staff. Very helpful. Food was excellent there was a meal included and it was simply delicious. Food in bar was also great and plenty of it. We also had a spa each I would recommend it to everyone. Breakfast was delicious very good selection and plenty of choice. The midweek breaks are excellent value.

Room Tip: We were in room 502 was at side of hotel and was quite. Have been in different rooms and never had a...
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be back to visit soon again
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here last week with another couple and were very excited to get a break away . We booked the mini break for two which was a great deal that included one nights B&B an evening meal with champagne a spa treatment and a round of golf . My partner and I have recentley been in contact with this hotel to book our wedding and when we heard our date was free we decided to book this deal as a taster of what our wedding would be like . When we arrived we were pleased enough with our room it was a bit shabby in places but overall was spacious and comfortable. As the boys went to play golf my friend and I decided we would have a cocktail at the captains bar . We sat at the bar for half an hour and there was no one to be seen , not even a member of staff we had to go in search of a staff member ourself who didn't even apologise when we told him how long we had been waiting!!!! We then got ready for dinner in our room which was extremely hot even though the radiators weren't on!! We went to dinner and enjoyed a fabulous meal which could only be faulted by the fact that we had to ask for our champagne before we left . We then went to the captains bar again for a drink around 10:30. The heat in the hotel was unbearable and we were told by a member of staff that the air conditioning was broken . As we sat and had our drinks the bar was pretty empty , clearly the hotel wasn't busy ! The bar man decided at 11pm to start cleaning around us putting all the chairs up on the tables making us feel extremely unwelcome so we decided to take our drinks to our room . As we were all residents of the hotel the four of us went into one of the rooms that wee booked Into , we were all quite tired stuffed from our meal and exhausted from the heat. We sat chatting between ourselves at a moderate tone when a loud knock came to our door . A night porter who was extremely aggressive and clearly had no tact at all threatened us with the guards and shouted that 4 in the room was unacceptable even though we were all residents . He gave us no prior warning before threatening the guards on us and I assure you all that we were most certainly not making an unacceptable amount of noise as the four of us were all sober and relaxing in the room as it was only around 11:45 . I have been to hotels where there have been a lot of noise and lots more ppl in a room including non residents and have never heard of anyone being threatened with tthe police ! We went to bed appalled at the service and the aggression of the night porter . As we went for breakfast we waited to be seated for 15 mins we stood there and no one came to seat us . The breakfast room was by no means busy with only 4-5 tables occupied and no staff to be seen again!! We decided to seat ourselves and this finally got a staff members attention as we were then moved!! Breakfast was lovely the food in this hotel cannot be faulted! We did however have to ask someone could we have a pot of tea which I found odd as anytime you go for breakfast in a hotel the first thing that happens when you are seated is someone taking a drinks order!!!!! After breakfast I went for my spa treatment which was amazing and the staff in the spa were the most helpful and efficient . My partner checked out as I was in the spa untill 12:10 ! The other couple we were with also checked out and none of us were asked how our stay was .i would have been complaining if he hadn't already payed and checked us out so I decided I would instead write an email which went unanswered! The other couple also wrote 3 emails which have gone unanswered !!! I am just appalled at the level of service in this hotel it lacks the slickness and efficiency of any other hotel that I have been too and I'm glad that I tried it out before I booked my wedding as I would have been extremely disappointed at spreading that money on my wedding day and recieving that kind of service !! An eye opener to say the least !!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank missposeyrosey
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I believe our deputy General Manager has been in contact with you directly regarding your issues. I am sorry that you felt that the service in the hotel was unsatisfactory as we place great emphasis on the quality and standard of our customer service. If this was not your experience then I apologise.
You had mentioned that you waited 30 minutes to be served in our bar and our CCTV records showed that your wait while unacceptable was less than five minutes. The barman did place stools on the tables in the bar at 11.30pm not 11.00pm and I am sorry again if this disrupted your evening. Unfortunately the night porter was acting following three complaints from guests in rooms along your corridor. One of these guests after three phone calls to reception had to be moved as the occupants felt the noise coming from your bedroom was unacceptable. The hotel had to refund this guest as a result of the disturbance. Our records for that night also show that a guest commented on the professionalism of the night porter and his handling of the situation and they wanted this to be noted on our records.
The manager on duty confirmed that you were waiting to be seated for breakfast for just less than three minutes and this is verified by the CCTV. You were asked to move seats because the table that you sat at was set up for dinner and not breakfast.
We appreciate all feedback from our customers but we do have to be fair and point out inaccuracies if they are damaging to the hotel.
If you would like to discuss any of these details further you have the direct contact for our Deputy Manager and he would be happy to discuss this with you
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked our stay at the Redcastle to take my friend away for a much needed break and rest.

Your staff could not have done one more thing to make us welcome and comfortable – they were fantastic. From the moment we arrived, the gentleman who booked us in was smiling and welcoming. I had tried to telephone the hotel in advance to upgrade our room to a sea view, but had not got through. Reception arranged this for us on arrival, and brought us coffee while we waited. The gentleman came and brought our cases to our room.

The meals were excellent, both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant. Compliments to your Chef, and to the staff who were smiling and attentive.

We loved the relaxation of the pool area, and the ambiance of the whole hotel.

Our reaction – my friend has told her husband that they are booking the Redcastle for their 25th wedding anniversary break next year, and I will return with my husband for a restful break in September this year.

Thank you to every person who helped to make our break so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Book a sea view - it is so worth it!
1 Thank SteekyDJo
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really do appreciate your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are considering returning again soon

Belfast
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just back from two nights in this beautiful hotel. Only positive comments.
If you are looking for a stress free stay then this is the place to visit.
The Redcastle is set in the quiet village of Redcastle just outside Moville in Co.Donegal. The setting is gorgeous and very peaceful.
Ate in the restaurant both nights and found that the food was delicious and extremely reasonably priced.
Great service from a wonderful team throughout the hotel.
Will definitely be back and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate that you will recommend the hotel to others and hope you will visit us soon again
Poulton-le-fylde
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Redcastle this last weekend where we were guests at a wedding reception being held at Redcastle. We had had to amend our reservation prior to arrival and the receptionist to whom I spoke at that time couldn't have been more helpful. Similarly, when we checked in, everything was exactly as expected in terms of the reservation and the service was friendly and efficient. Our room was spacious with a balcony and seaview and although in need of some furniture refurbishment, it was comfortable - the bed was definitely the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. Our dinner the first evening was delicious, really good quality and breakfasts on both mornings were very good and great on choice. The wedding reception itself went smoothly, the accommodation for it was fine and everyone enjoyed the day. I obviously didn't get to the Spa because of the wedding schedule but I can vouch for the swimming pool because our two little granddaughters had a wonderful time in there with their Mummy and Daddy. All in all, a good experience. Thank you, Redcastle.

Room Tip: We were in Room 100 and it was quiet and peaceful with a balcony and seaviews on two sides.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and feedback on your recent stay. I will ensure that your comments are passed to our staff here. We are always delighted when our guests leave us with happy memories and of course consider returning again. Thank you again for your feedback

Redcastle Customer Care Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#2 of 4 in Buncrana
Ballyliffin TownHouse
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!