I like to be fair so - you should also read my previous review 8-oct-2012 entitled GGRRREATTT so you get a feel for this hotel.
in summary: spa a let down, reception customer service not on their top form -decor in main hotel areas excellent - room lovely - dinner and breakfast - outstanding!
when I arrived it was 3:20 and my room was not ready - I was surprised because I use hotels alot for work and expected check in to be 2 - so I went to the spa I couldnt leave my case as my costume etc was in the case so I had to lug it down several flights of stairs to the spa, and they brought my room key down there to pick up, which was good as it saved me walking back up with my case - wet!
When I arrived at the spa - my friends had moved my treatment forward 30 mins so that those who had not arrived yet could have later treatment this meant the receptionist needed me to quickly change and go through - the first FOUR lockers didnt lock so by the time id lugged my case into the 5th locker I would happily have killed someone.
I rushed into the spa area to find there was no real rush at all. but oh dear the spa room was not at all the warm relaxing and beautifully scented area I remembered from october- this was a darkened really cold room with a broken fountain the staff were busy mopping up the dripping water from - there was no scented smell apart from mild disinfectant from the mops and all the little tabels and small reading lights were gone - leaving you no way of reading your book or placing your drink down.
the loungers were all too close together and there was no towels or rugs - my friends were there and they had plenty to say about how it wasnt as I had described - we did say that it was too cold but the staff just said yeah isnt it - so we then asked for towels which we got.
I had my treatment and it was really lovely and relaxing (I fell asleep) but seemed very quick as when it was over the lights were flicked on and the relaxation cut short.
I couldnt use the room as it was so cold and my towel had been taken so i went to the pool - OMG ICY is an understatement - so this meant I didnt want to use the jets or any of the bubble seated areas as it was so cold but the steam room ( box) was lovely and hot so I enjoyed that -
we asked to wear our robes up to our rooms and the receptionist said and I quote" thats ok but bring them back or theres a 30 euro charge and gave these wee paper slips out to return with them)
this was at 5:30 - the slip said by 6 -we pointed out the time and they said as soon as you can. fair enough but is this a 4 star approach - mmm no! trust me my towel was not of a standard anyone would want to take home and the robe was really rough -
swimming caps are essential and are charged for 2-3 euro each.
This pool area could be improved mainly by heating it! also by adding a few heated loungers or if this is not affordable a few loungers so it feels like a spa experience - it feels to me like a nice family pool ( if it was warmer)
On to our room - it was a three person room - and it was a great size and was nice and warm - we were very happy with it - note though if you like a view it wasnt great ( rubble part of a roof and then the sea but we didnt care too much) this room would be great for a family as great floor space - I think it was 203 or something it was above the spa and faced out to the left with a helicopter landing strip in view (- bit of rubble with a H on it)
cocktails - were part of the deal - they were lovely and we enjoyed them in the area just beside the decking facing ut to sea. - a lovely pre dinner area.
Dinner & Breakfast - once again outstanding - this IS 5 STAR!!!! we had the Table d'hote menu which is roughly the same as it was in october - really lovely -
on friday night the dining room was really busy and righty so.
music in the bar was ok - it was needed as it livened things up.
would I go back - it would have to be a good deal - for me to want to stay again but I would eat here again.
I believe other members of our party were less happy about their experience, I just know based on my previous stay that things could have been a whole better and a simple sorry can go a long way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you at the four star Redcastle Oceanfront, Golf & Spa Hotel. With a magical waterfront location, overlooking Lough Foyle on the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal, it’s the perfect getaway for a short break or family holiday at home.Set among mature woodland with 93 guest rooms including suites and family rooms and sea view rooms, our own 9-hole parkland golf course and exclusive Thalasso Spa, the Resort oozes charm, style and warm hospitality. Our Waters Edge Restaurant is appropriately named with breathtaking views across Lough Foyle and a menu that features the finest local seafood and fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Redcastle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcastle Hotel Donegal
- Carlton Redcastle Hotel And Thalasso
- Hotel Redcastle
- Donegal Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Moville
- Redcastle Hotel Moville, County Donegal, Ireland