I stayed here with my mum, sister and her two young children (2yrs and 4mth old baby). We stayed a Monday and Tuesday night B & B incl. 1 spa treatment and golf.
I'm glad I didn't read the reviews of others before I went as our experience wad completely different. On arrival we were checked in promptly by a very courteous receptionist, thankfully we got a suite that had been set up as requested to cater for the young kids. It was very clean and beautifully finished, possibly the hotel rooms have undergone refurbishment since the summer.
We dined in the Captains Bar both evenings, put staff did assure us that the children were most welcome in the main restaurant. Our server was called Terry, and on both evenings he kindly gave us a complimentary glass of milk to heat up for the toddler. The bar menu was very limited but the food was lovely with the exception that on the second night the 2yr old found plastic that looked distinctly like microwave food plastic in her pasta. But the server apologised and this was removed from the bill, and she was fine and thankfully didn't swallow it.
We enjoyed the spa and pool facilities, I received a wonderful deep tissue massage by therapist Jennifer. These were clean, well planned out and child friendly.
The breakfast buffet was tasty and had a good selection, I believe from the menu that other options, such as poached eggs were available on request though none of my party availed of this. The view from the restaurant was lovely and it was nice that we were not seated at the same table each morning.
All in all we had a brilliant time and the hotel atmosphere was lovely and very child friendly. I guess they have reviewed staff and management following previous negative reviews. We would stay again. One negative is the very poor internet coverage, we could not get good signal anywhere even though we had codes, possibly not good if you are staying on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you at the four star Redcastle Oceanfront, Golf & Spa Hotel. With a magical waterfront location, overlooking Lough Foyle on the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal, it’s the perfect getaway for a short break or family holiday at home.Set among mature woodland with 93 guest rooms including suites and family rooms and sea view rooms, our own 9-hole parkland golf course and exclusive Thalasso Spa, the Resort oozes charm, style and warm hospitality. Our Waters Edge Restaurant is appropriately named with breathtaking views across Lough Foyle and a menu that features the finest local seafood and fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Redcastle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcastle Hotel Donegal
- Carlton Redcastle Hotel And Thalasso
- Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Hotel Redcastle
- Donegal Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Moville
- Redcastle Hotel Moville, County Donegal, Ireland