“Glad I didn't read other reviews before I stayed”
Review of Redcastle Hotel

Redcastle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Glad I didn't read other reviews before I stayed”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here with my mum, sister and her two young children (2yrs and 4mth old baby). We stayed a Monday and Tuesday night B & B incl. 1 spa treatment and golf.

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews of others before I went as our experience wad completely different. On arrival we were checked in promptly by a very courteous receptionist, thankfully we got a suite that had been set up as requested to cater for the young kids. It was very clean and beautifully finished, possibly the hotel rooms have undergone refurbishment since the summer.

We dined in the Captains Bar both evenings, put staff did assure us that the children were most welcome in the main restaurant. Our server was called Terry, and on both evenings he kindly gave us a complimentary glass of milk to heat up for the toddler. The bar menu was very limited but the food was lovely with the exception that on the second night the 2yr old found plastic that looked distinctly like microwave food plastic in her pasta. But the server apologised and this was removed from the bill, and she was fine and thankfully didn't swallow it.

We enjoyed the spa and pool facilities, I received a wonderful deep tissue massage by therapist Jennifer. These were clean, well planned out and child friendly.

The breakfast buffet was tasty and had a good selection, I believe from the menu that other options, such as poached eggs were available on request though none of my party availed of this. The view from the restaurant was lovely and it was nice that we were not seated at the same table each morning.

All in all we had a brilliant time and the hotel atmosphere was lovely and very child friendly. I guess they have reviewed staff and management following previous negative reviews. We would stay again. One negative is the very poor internet coverage, we could not get good signal anywhere even though we had codes, possibly not good if you are staying on business.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GerMurphy
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all forms of feedback. I will certainly ensure that your comments are passed on to the team here. We have recently upgraded our WIFI system which offers guests a speeder and more efficient service. Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in the Hotel soon again

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Coming over from London for a friend's wedding I got a warm welcome at check in. Then I was given a suite - a large bedroom with living room - all for £89. Fantastic value. The wedding reception was held in a large reception room and it was brilliant. Great food, very friendly staff (very late bar!) Beautiful golf course too.

But the clincher was a member of staff on reception (called Liam). When I returned home I realised I had absent mindedly left my best suit in the room. So I called the hotel - and to my absolute amazement Liam volunteered to actually meet me in London with it the following week when he was visiting! this was done today and suit is fine and well.

Quite remarkable and way above the call of duty. You couldn't make a better impression so I would recommend Redcastle wholeheartedly. Ten out of ten!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WillRowlands
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am delighted to hear that your stay in the Hotel was enjoyable. We like to think that our staff will go that extra mile for our guests and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the team here. Thank you once again

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Excellent hotel,friendly and helpful staff,food superb,nice location and overall all 3 of us had a brilliant stay and i would highly recommend the Redcastle Hotel and i would certainly go back again...My 10 year old daughter Rachel loved the hotel swimming pool as i myself did too,pure luxury with excellent facilities.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian C
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to read that your family enjoyed their stay with us and the facilities in the Hotel. We do hope you will all be back to visit soon again

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked what was a termed as a romantic mini break for my wife and I on 21st october for the excellent price of 99 euros. in that the deal was bed and breakfast and evening meal and also a 20 euro vocher off a spa treatment for my wife. well all i can say is what a remarkable offer. from the moment we arrived we were met by smiling, pleasant and very helpful staff and shown to an excellent, spacious, double room with all i required for a pleasant stay including my all important tea making facilities. we went for a lovely walk around the grounds before my wife headed off to the spa for her pre booked appointment in the spa which she claimed was excellent and very relaxing. being a sunday afternoon i relaxed in the bar watching the football and enjoying a couple of pints where i got chatting to a couple of very pleasant local people. after all this we got ready and went for a beautiful 4 course dinner with a wide ranging menu to choose from. the food was superbly cooked and presented and myself and my wife left afterwards satisfied both by portions and quality. afterwards we had a pleasant evening in the bar where again we met some of the locals and enjoyed a few nightcaps.
the next morning we went for breakfast which was a superb buffet containing cold and hot food and after being well fed we went and sat on the lovely decking area and enjoyed a delightful morning in the autumn sunshine. then before leaving for home we had an hour enjoying the large spa pool with sauna and steam room.
all in all we had a very enjoyable trip to redcastle on what was our first visit it will certainly not be our last. i would recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone as it indeed has everything even a nine hole golf course for the golfing buffs. thank you to the management for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the bay for a superb view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert l
Dear Guest
I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. Our Romantic Break packages are very popular and we do our very best to ensure that couples have a memorable experience when they visit us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team here and we hope to see you soon again
Co Tyrone, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Two friends and myself stayed at the Redcastle hotel on a Thursday night for a one night break - bed & breakfast and an evening meal. We also had a complimentary spa voucher for €20. The hotel reception and foyer are lovely and the staff very welcoming and friendly. We were really impressed by the decor and layout of the hotel with lots of sitting areas especially the lounge overlooking the lough. On arrival we had a snack in the bar which was quickly served and very tasty. Two of us availed of the spa facilities and each had a pre-booked treatment which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would have expected though that there would have been a spa changing area not the shared swimmming pool changing room which was quite busy with adults and children and not very private! The Edge restaurant is ideally situated to appreciate the beautiful view. We had the three course table d'hote dinner and all of us enjoyed our beautifully presented, perfectly cooked meal. The dining room staff were so attentive and friendly. We had a family room which was warm and spacious and consisted of three single beds which were very comfortable. The room was quite dark and could have done with a light at the dressing table. The room was decorated in a burgandy shade with dark furniture - some of which had scratches and a 'worn look' - which added to the darkness and we agreed that it would have been much more cheerful had it been updated in more modern theme. Our breakfast the following morning was very good with the usual self service facilities. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Redcastle and would certainly return again.

Room Tip: Would ask if there is a choice of room and if a room is available overlooking the lough.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emerald_Isle_lass
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on and it is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our product and service. It is lovely to hear that you will be back again and we look forward to welcoming you

Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you fancy a romantic break or a memorable evening with family/friends, then I would highly recommend the Redcastle Hotel. Staff are friendly and always willing to please. Management sometimes are bit hard on the staff in full view of patrons, but it has to be said all in all it made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LiamsExperience
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly pass your review on to our management team and we do appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I hope you will visit soon again
Buncrana, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Went for a drive this weekend, and decided to lunch at red castle hotel! When we arrived we noticed a wedding was about to start, this said we sat ourselves at a table in the bar! It took nearly five minutes before someone came to take an order and when they did they seemed to be preoccupied! We waited half an hour for our food and when it came I think presentation looked nice but food was average at best! The waiter put food on table and disappeared! When it came to paying I went to bar and when eventually he took my money, not as much as a thank you, how was your meal! Or even enjoy your day!
Maybe they are understaffed and if so management need to sort this out. We won't be back.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Brian M
Dear Guest

I was concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the Hotel. I apologise that the service you received was less than satisfactory and I assure you that this is not the normal standard by which we operate. I would be grateful if you would contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com to discuss this matter further

Redcastle Customer Care Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
City Hotel
City Hotel
#6 of 11 in Derry
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,965 reviews

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!