“romantic redcastle”
Review of Redcastle Hotel

Redcastle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moville
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked what was a termed as a romantic mini break for my wife and I on 21st october for the excellent price of 99 euros. in that the deal was bed and breakfast and evening meal and also a 20 euro vocher off a spa treatment for my wife. well all i can say is what a remarkable offer. from the moment we arrived we were met by smiling, pleasant and very helpful staff and shown to an excellent, spacious, double room with all i required for a pleasant stay including my all important tea making facilities. we went for a lovely walk around the grounds before my wife headed off to the spa for her pre booked appointment in the spa which she claimed was excellent and very relaxing. being a sunday afternoon i relaxed in the bar watching the football and enjoying a couple of pints where i got chatting to a couple of very pleasant local people. after all this we got ready and went for a beautiful 4 course dinner with a wide ranging menu to choose from. the food was superbly cooked and presented and myself and my wife left afterwards satisfied both by portions and quality. afterwards we had a pleasant evening in the bar where again we met some of the locals and enjoyed a few nightcaps.
the next morning we went for breakfast which was a superb buffet containing cold and hot food and after being well fed we went and sat on the lovely decking area and enjoyed a delightful morning in the autumn sunshine. then before leaving for home we had an hour enjoying the large spa pool with sauna and steam room.
all in all we had a very enjoyable trip to redcastle on what was our first visit it will certainly not be our last. i would recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone as it indeed has everything even a nine hole golf course for the golfing buffs. thank you to the management for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the bay for a superb view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robert l
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest
I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. Our Romantic Break packages are very popular and we do our very best to ensure that couples have a memorable experience when they visit us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team here and we hope to see you soon again

There are newer reviews for Redcastle Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Two friends and myself stayed at the Redcastle hotel on a Thursday night for a one night break - bed & breakfast and an evening meal. We also had a complimentary spa voucher for €20. The hotel reception and foyer are lovely and the staff very welcoming and friendly. We were really impressed by the decor and layout of the hotel with lots of sitting areas especially the lounge overlooking the lough. On arrival we had a snack in the bar which was quickly served and very tasty. Two of us availed of the spa facilities and each had a pre-booked treatment which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would have expected though that there would have been a spa changing area not the shared swimmming pool changing room which was quite busy with adults and children and not very private! The Edge restaurant is ideally situated to appreciate the beautiful view. We had the three course table d'hote dinner and all of us enjoyed our beautifully presented, perfectly cooked meal. The dining room staff were so attentive and friendly. We had a family room which was warm and spacious and consisted of three single beds which were very comfortable. The room was quite dark and could have done with a light at the dressing table. The room was decorated in a burgandy shade with dark furniture - some of which had scratches and a 'worn look' - which added to the darkness and we agreed that it would have been much more cheerful had it been updated in more modern theme. Our breakfast the following morning was very good with the usual self service facilities. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Redcastle and would certainly return again.

Room Tip: Would ask if there is a choice of room and if a room is available overlooking the lough.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emerald_Isle_lass

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on and it is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our product and service. It is lovely to hear that you will be back again and we look forward to welcoming you

Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you fancy a romantic break or a memorable evening with family/friends, then I would highly recommend the Redcastle Hotel. Staff are friendly and always willing to please. Management sometimes are bit hard on the staff in full view of patrons, but it has to be said all in all it made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LiamsExperience

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly pass your review on to our management team and we do appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I hope you will visit soon again

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Went for a drive this weekend, and decided to lunch at red castle hotel! When we arrived we noticed a wedding was about to start, this said we sat ourselves at a table in the bar! It took nearly five minutes before someone came to take an order and when they did they seemed to be preoccupied! We waited half an hour for our food and when it came I think presentation looked nice but food was average at best! The waiter put food on table and disappeared! When it came to paying I went to bar and when eventually he took my money, not as much as a thank you, how was your meal! Or even enjoy your day!
Maybe they are understaffed and if so management need to sort this out. We won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Brian M

Dear Guest

I was concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the Hotel. I apologise that the service you received was less than satisfactory and I assure you that this is not the normal standard by which we operate. I would be grateful if you would contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com to discuss this matter further

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We enjoyed a 2 night break ( 2B&B & 1 evening meal) at the Redcastle hotel. We have been to the hotel a number of times and we keep returning as it is just over an hours drive and the hotel is very relaxing and the food in The Edge Restaurant is excellent.

We had a 20month old child with us and the hotel were very accommodating regarding travel cot & suitable food.

We also visited the leisure facilties and it was great to be in a pool where the temperature was suitable for a young child

We really enjoyed our weekend break & would recommend to others

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 407 - which was fine but it you want a room looking out on the sea you need to che...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to return to us again. It is lovely to read that your stay was enjoyable for all the family and that is the experience that we want all of our guests to have. We look forward to seeing you soon again

Reviewed November 4, 2012

we had a great time in redcastle pool was great food was really tasty in both the bar and restaurant. we stayed in room 100 which had brilliant views of the sea. very relaxing just what the doctor ordered. we toured the inishowen 100 views where spectacular.

Room Tip: room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the Hotel and we the beautiful Inishowen area. I hope you will be back to visit again soon

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had read other reviews about this hotel and was a bit hesitant to go there but my partner booked it and got a great midweek deal for €99 for 2 sharing 1 night B&B and 1 evening meal.
We stayed on a "night for just the 1 night.
There was plenty of parking and the hotel entrance was easy to find. We had a room on the second floor and initially when we got there I found it very confusing to find the room but it might just have been me. The room was gorgeous but it depends on what you are into as some had reviewed and said that it was outdated. It might have been but it was clean, comfortable and spacious and you cant really ask for more.
Dinner in the evening was a set menu from the Table De Hote menu however for an extra €10 you could pick starter, main and desert from the A La Carte menu which had steak on it. Even though you had to pay a supplement the meal with the €10 added on was only €43 and it was a great meal so by any standards was well worth it. The waitress was friendly, bubbly and really couldnt do enough and even though we werent the only couple there we were made feel like we were.

The hotel was quiet when we went so we ventured down to the pool, sauna and steam room. Be advised that you have to wear a swimming cap which can be either bought there for a small charge of €2 or you can bring your own. I now have yet another swimming cap to add to my collection... :-) The sauna and steam room were small but adequate and as there was no one else there we had the entire leisure suite to ourselves so the size of anything didnt bother me at all. There are spa jets at different points in the pool and these were really relaxing too with seaviews through the huge glass panes. This added to the ambience of the mini break.

The bar was well equipped and there are all these little nooks and crannies that you can escape into and have anything from a business meeting to a canoodle. Each being catered for and you are left to your own devices with no one hassling you...The staff in the bar were very professional and friendly and I felt that if I was by myself that I could have had a great craic with the barman as he made us feel right at home, almost as if I would be made feel welcome by myself and not feel silly that I didnt have anyone to talk to.

Breakfast has to be noted - Especially the scrambled eggs as one of the best that I have EVER tasted!!! I would go back if only for the scrambled eggs!!! lol

All in all a good stay, I will say though that either the receptionist was in a bad mood or perhaps she didnt like the look of me but she was a bit up tight and could have loosened up and smiled a bit more but she was nevertheless professional and I guess you cant really expect or ask for anything more.

Would definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms, excellent for a mini break!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee-Anne133

Dear Guest

We really do appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback. We take our customer service very seriously and hence place huge importance on listen to our guests. I will certainly ensure that all of your comments are passed on to the team here. I hope you will return to the Hotel soon again

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moville
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!