I booked what was a termed as a romantic mini break for my wife and I on 21st october for the excellent price of 99 euros. in that the deal was bed and breakfast and evening meal and also a 20 euro vocher off a spa treatment for my wife. well all i can say is what a remarkable offer. from the moment we arrived we were met by smiling, pleasant and very helpful staff and shown to an excellent, spacious, double room with all i required for a pleasant stay including my all important tea making facilities. we went for a lovely walk around the grounds before my wife headed off to the spa for her pre booked appointment in the spa which she claimed was excellent and very relaxing. being a sunday afternoon i relaxed in the bar watching the football and enjoying a couple of pints where i got chatting to a couple of very pleasant local people. after all this we got ready and went for a beautiful 4 course dinner with a wide ranging menu to choose from. the food was superbly cooked and presented and myself and my wife left afterwards satisfied both by portions and quality. afterwards we had a pleasant evening in the bar where again we met some of the locals and enjoyed a few nightcaps.
the next morning we went for breakfast which was a superb buffet containing cold and hot food and after being well fed we went and sat on the lovely decking area and enjoyed a delightful morning in the autumn sunshine. then before leaving for home we had an hour enjoying the large spa pool with sauna and steam room.
all in all we had a very enjoyable trip to redcastle on what was our first visit it will certainly not be our last. i would recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone as it indeed has everything even a nine hole golf course for the golfing buffs. thank you to the management for a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you at the four star Redcastle Oceanfront, Golf & Spa Hotel. With a magical waterfront location, overlooking Lough Foyle on the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal, it’s the perfect getaway for a short break or family holiday at home.Set among mature woodland with 93 guest rooms including suites and family rooms and sea view rooms, our own 9-hole parkland golf course and exclusive Thalasso Spa, the Resort oozes charm, style and warm hospitality. Our Waters Edge Restaurant is appropriately named with breathtaking views across Lough Foyle and a menu that features the finest local seafood and fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Redcastle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcastle Hotel Donegal
- Carlton Redcastle Hotel And Thalasso
- Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Hotel Redcastle
- Donegal Hotel Redcastle
- Carlton Moville
- Redcastle Hotel Moville, County Donegal, Ireland