““Overall relaxing””

and 1 more site!
Blue Ginger Spa Resorts Wayanad
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Vythiri
Reviewed December 11, 2013

e have been there for our Honeymoon in 2013 ! We really enjoyed the stay there and the location was absolutely great. 
The staffs were really friendly. They helped us in hiring a taxing from Calicut and to go around the places. Ok, coming to the resort – We were taken to our cottage toured us through the facilities they have.

We had taken valley - when we entered the room, it was clean and neat… The best thing is about the view . since it was rainy season. Cozy bed and the climate made us feel very relaxing after the long drive. The only that bothered was food! The menu was limited and can’t claim it to be delicious.

Room Tip: excellent rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rahul597

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The location is really at the peak.

The ginger villa rooms have a very scenic view and are very clean.

The resort organised a trek for us and was very done, we enjoyed every bit of it.

The food is very tempting and has a large buffet spread. Be sure to check the spice level though.
The breakfast options are vast and I loved the on the go omlette section.

They set up a barbeque in the evenings, the menu to choose from can be quite heavy on your pocket..

The spa booking was a bit a disappointment. We repeatdly kept checking for availability and was told fully booked. Either they should hire more staff to accomodate at least a few more clients or clearly mention during booking that service will not be available if it was already booked.

Overall pleasant and pricey stay.

Room Tip: Ginger Villa next to the badminton play area has a very good view from the hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kukosh
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was my second visit to Wayanad and I've zeroed upon this resort after some good reviews from TA. It was a family trip for 2 nights and enjoyed every bit of the stay at the resort.
Firstly the approach road leading to the resort was very bad and scary, after 30 mins of adventure drive through steep and narrow roads we reached the resort and were amazed with the surroundings. Resort was nestled in middle of the hill and overseeing valley below, you can feel the pure oxygen here with some good views of nature around. The resort was well maintained with a good pool, private waterfall, some indoor games and spa.the resort and its facilities really made the place incredible.. The best thing here was the Hospitality it was incredible... right from the security to the manager were very keen in keeping us happy and comfortable.. The valley view cottage where we stayed was well maintained and was cozy.. the resort has arranged for a bonfire with music for guests to enjoy the evenings.
The best part during our stay at the resort was the food, right from breakfast which was buffet was good and nutritious lunch and dinner were mouth watering and custom made keeping in mind the kid needs.
Special thanks to sales manager Mr.Umesh who has confirmed the booking at a very short notice and the chef who prepared the mouth watering food.
Overall it was great resort worth the money spent.

Room Tip: Choose a valley view room they have good view and are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rajesh C
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 3 nights during a backpacking trip around India. I heard of this place from other backpackers in Mysore who had strongly recommended it. I initially went there for 2 nights but decided to stay one more night and wished I had enough time to stay there for a week! It's deep in nature and perfect if you need to take a break and relax, like I did. The room I could get was comfy, nicely lit, and clean. I had my own lil terrace which was nice to sit and read in front of the jungle. The staff was really nice too, friendly and quite reactive even in the night when I called to ask for things. The toilet was very clean too, which is important to me. I did some small trekking around and visited the Edakkal caves, beautiful. Overall a great place, enjoyed my stay, would recommend it to others visiting the region and will remember it :)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank IzuBackpacks
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Blue ginger resort is nice place where you can unwind. The road leading to resort is bumpy and often scares you when you see lumps of stones on the road. It take 45 minutes to cover distance of 5Km if you are driving a hatch back. After the back breaking 45 minute journey, we were treated with the beautiful surroundings of the resort. We booked a Valley view room . Room was average. A bit cramped, marks of water leaks on walls and ceiling. Bed was not sleep friendly at all. Bed spread had to be changed since they had stains on them. Bathroom was clean. Food was average for a vegetarian like me. We have evening snacks at the restaurant and it's exorbitantly priced. The resort also has a mini water falls in its premisis!. It's wonderful to be in the lap of nature and be felt you are taken care of.

All in all, except small glitches with bed spreads and food, it's a good place to visit and stay at Blue ginger.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sujay_Ramesh
Reviewed November 16, 2013

WITHOUT PREJUDICE - The Management of this place should worship yes I did say worship every guest who has had a positive review. If not for their magnanimity the place should be SHUT DOWN in the interest of mankind.

This is apparently a 3 star resort. A fact known only if mentioned and thoroughly undeserved. The list of the utterly dismaying issues faced by my family during our stay would outgrow this page. If not for the well intentioned F&B staff we would have checked out on day 1. If you are used to resorts such as Club Mahindra or other decent 3 star ones this one will not only fail but exceed one's expectation to disappoint. Front office staff are hand picked, trained and certified on inefficiency and apathy. The pathetic approach road which is semantically underplayed during reservation is actually a 30 minute (one way) arduous jumpy and tiring mountain trekking path from kalpetta (calling it a road is a superlative). Forget you walking out of the resort to buy knick knacks. You are completely at their mercy. If you are a born saint, are endowed with a higher degree of the "chalta hai" attitude, have a high tolerance for lack of hygiene, leaky bathrooms, rooms with cobwebs, tasteless food and apathetic staff then this is the best place for you, don't look elsewhere please else you will be missing out on a great experience. If you expect a decent value for your money, relaxation and simple but tasty food, won't take nonsense and are vocal about the low quality and attitude then you better take your money and holiday plans elsewhere. Seriously.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Raghav P
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Blue Ginger Resort is located at a wonderful location in Waynad. Its pure nature all around you, a perfect getaway from the busy city life. Me and my wife wanted a quite getaway for our anniversary and after searching around on the internet zeroed on Blue Ginger Resort. We booked a 2 day stay for Nov 9 and 10.

Getting to Wayanad was easy, roads are in superb condition (From Bangalore). Its just that last part of searching for the resort in Wayanad took us some time. There are not many sign boards on the way that would have make the search easier. Any one planning to travel here please follow the boards for Vythiri Resort that's put over all over the place.

The last 4 km was tricky and up hill. For one km there is mud road and then for the rest 3 km there is the concrete road. The Hotel management expressed there helplessness for the one km mud road since there do not own that part of the property and hence no road can be laid. The remaining 3 km concrete road was in a clean shape but the ride itself was scary. Just hope no vehicle is coming opposite to you while you are driving in that 3/4 km stretch. Thank god it was not raining else the ride would have been even more difficult.

We had booked a "Tranquil" room but as soon as we arrived the room was upgraded to "Valley View" free of cost (I guess the other rooms were already filled, again just a guess), the Valley View room was neat and had a wonderful view but no balcony. It would have been just great if that room had a balcony. Then the surprises started. First there were red ants running all along the bed and the bedsheets were all dirty with stains. I had to call the room service for clean up. They obliged and immediately sent a person to spray some Insect Repellent (HIT) and also came in with new bedsheets. The new bedsheets brought in was absolutely clean and fresh I wonder why they did not do it in the first place, why wait for the customer to complain and then you change it. Its these small things that go a long way in making the stay a memorable one.

The major difference between the Tranquil and Valley view room is what is see outside your window (Their may be some other subtle differences). The Valley View had a wonderful view of the nature around you where as the Tranquil room had the view of the swimming pool and recreational area, this means you do not have any privacy in a Tranquil room and you need to keep the curtains closed all the time.

The camp fire was set up around 7:00 pm with music. Dinner was served at around 8:30. The food was good. The staff were friendly and attended to your needs immediate.

Another surprise was awaiting us when we wanted to go to bed. There was this really irritating sound coming off the roof. I complained the first time and I was told it was the heater and after I persisted that we are not able to sleep they switched off the heater. The sound was still there again I had to go and complain and this time they said it was the exhaust fan in the kitchen which they said will be switched off in 10 minutes. But when they failed to do so I finally had to raise my voice to get things done (Not sure what it was, a heater, exhaust fan or the generator).

The next day morning I asked the manager that my room be upgraded immediately and I am ready to pay for the price difference. I did not want to spend another in that same room. The management more than made up for the previous day inconvenience by offering me the upgrade free of cost.

This time I was given the "Chembra Cottage" the room was neat and clean. It was away from the reception,kitchen and recreational area and hence was more quite and calm. They had a nice place for relaxing out side each cottage.

There is a nature pool just next to the cottages, a perfect place to play in water and have some fun. The Ginger pool did not have a changing room and I also felt the location of the pool was odd. The cascade pool was under maintenance and so we could not have the pleasure of having a swim in the resort.

Wish they had some hammock near the badminton court, relaxing there on a hammock would be great. There is a spa in the resort but its on demand and hence you need to book a day ahead for them to make the arrangements. The prices for the spa treatment was reasonable.

Pros:
A friendly staff, will attend to your needs when ever required. Makes you feel at home.
A great location, greenery all around you. Lots of birds. Nature pool next to the cottages.
Good food. Fish fry was awesome.
Cascade Pool location was nice (But was under maintenance when we were there)

Cons:
No welcome drink served.
No privacy in Tranquil rooms, no one would feel like opening the curtains. -- AVOID IT
Valley rooms have a disturbing sound either from the kitchen or what ever is running on the roof top. -- AVOID IT
No changing room near Ginger pool. Guys don't mind it but for ladies coming out in their swimming costume from the room and back would be odd.
The last 3 Km stretch to reach the resort was challenging, especially if its raining or you have a on coming vehicle opposite to you.

Room Tip: Avoid Tranquil and Valley view rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank trsandeep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vythiri
Wayanad Silverwoods
#3 of 22 in Kalpetta
Silent Creek Resort
Silent Creek Resort
#5 of 12 in Vythiri

Been to Blue Ginger Spa Resorts Wayanad? Share your experiences!