1,178 results
All reviews tree house honeymoon villa plunge pool gurgling stream candle light dinner nature lovers snails rope bridge nature walk the general manager pool table heaven on earth natural beauty water flowing live music the cottages honey moon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Experience of life, food par excellence, Ayurveda massage was great.
Staff was very courteous and helpful, even prepared very early morning breakfast for us as we had to catch early flight.
Tree house gives birds eye view of the beautiful mountains.
Malabar squirrel and Nilgiri monkey came to see us at tree house.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the best nature rainforest resort i think in India. Various rooms category they have all are extremely comfortable with modern amenities. One can have the luxuries stay with out going far from nature. Property is surrounded with trees natural small waterfalls which you can hear all the time even from your room. Food is delicious one can experience a good and rich taste of Kerala cusine. My over all 5 star is for the staff and the management who took care of there guest so well as if you feel its like an family members. i would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit Wayanad. A real gem with lush green nature. Thank You :)

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I had read and heard rave reviews about this place since years. But somehow could never get a booking. Couple of months ago, when I found it available, I booked in a jiffy. And then the Kerala floods happened and I was unsure if I should take the trip. The resort assured me everything was fine and I decided to go ahead. And I am so glad I did!
Vythri resort lived up to all the expectations.
The resort is set amidst acres of rain forests and the show stopper is the natural stream running through the premises. Passing through and listening to the sometimes gurgling sometimes roaring sound of the stream really soothes the city wracked nerves. You wake up to the sound of birds and the sound of Cicada with its typical rhythmic calls keeps you company throughout.

We didn't step out of the resort and preferred to soak in the green relaxing ambience instead. The lack of connectivity except in reception area ensured complete relaxation!

The multiple walks to the dining area gave good exercise and the path through the hanging bridge by the stream added to the charm.

Food was sumptuous and staff attentive and efficient. Special mention for Me Gopalkrishnan, the GM who was so polite and caring towards all guests.
We were attended to by Santosh Kumar who is surely an asset to the resort with his smiling efficiency.
All the staff were very good and gave no room for any service issues.

Caution- the place is not very senior citizen friendly. So if you have seniors accompanying you or people with health issues, ask for cottages near the restaurant or reception. While they do have a policy of no room service, they do make exceptions.My sister in law felt somewhat unwell and skipped dinner. The staff was very obliging and served her some food in the room.

There is an Ayurvedic spa which we used and were very happy with the services.

All in all, a refreshing rejuvenating experience

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Madhumita M
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I would give this resort a 10 Star, if I could, they have got everything right, from the location of the resort to the staff, to the food and the overall experience all together.
The staff specially is amazing, welcoming and helpful.The Classical Music performance was really good.The naturalist Mr.Jain Vagarshe is amazing and has a lot of knowledge about the wildlife there.The soothing sound of the flowing stream that you can here constantly, really calms you down and made me forget all my anxiety and stress.It is a great place worth visiting again and again, a place that makes me forget all my stress and worry of city life away, I will surely go there again whenever I go to Kerela.Extra-ordinary Experience!!!

Room Tip: with Mother Nature
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank manishachauhan786
Reviewed September 13, 2018

I DID A BOOKING for 05-09-2018 and due to flood i requested the resort to cancel my booking and refund my money .But every time they asked me to wait till month end so that days get passed and they do not refund my money.Can you imagine such a fraud resort it is ??? This resort is charging 20000 for a single night and see what they do in case in flood or natural calamity.People go for peace for this resort .This is the worst organisation to do booking.I lost my 60000 rs in this resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank Explorer816116
VythiriResort, Guest Relations Manager at Vythiri Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ms. Parul,
We thank you for the initial reservation done at Vythiri for your holiday.
The reservation was received on 11th June 2018.The planned check in date was 7th Sept 2018.

An advance payment of Rs30,0000/- was received on 20th July. Unfortunately Kerala faced the Natural Calamity in August. During these days Ms. Parul was in touch with us enquiring the travel situations to Wayanad. We were constantly updating madam on the situation through call, mail and WhatsApp.

Tourist arrivals to Wayanad was normal towards the end of August. This was conveyed to Ms. Parul. The guest also requested for a postponement of the reservation in between which was approved by us. By then the guest decided to cancel the booking. We later received a cancellation request for the booking. The refund was done on 14th September even before this review was appeared on TripAdvisor. Kindly note: We had received an advance of Rs30,000/- only and not Rs60,000/- as mentioned in the review.

We sincerely hope to welcome Ms. Parul and Family to Vythiri soon.

For Vythiri Resort- Wayanad